ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Audio Track: The Jeff Beck Group Live - 7/24/68 Fillmore West + Video with Woody and Nicky Hopkins Return to archive
16th May 2006 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Jeff Beck: Guitar
Ronnie Wood: Bass (great, check it out!)
Nicky Hopkins: Piano
Micky Waller: Drums
Rod Stewart: Intro (as the tune is intrumental)

In fact it's almost a jam with Jeff, Woody and Micky, Rod is not present in this song and Nicky's piano is on the back

July 24, 1968
Fillmore West

Download it and play it loud! click HERE
17th May 2006 06:16 AM
Dick Bush Hillarious and mindblowing jammin!

40 years later Jeff is better than ever, he always was exceptional but he is the only one of his generation who still keeps being that.

The boogie will be touring with Buddy Guy this summer, check his website for the dates.

17th May 2006 01:59 PM
Tom First time I listen Woody live with The Jeff Beck Group, thanks sounds good
17th May 2006 02:02 PM
jb Hate both of them....they can't wipe Mick T's ass.
17th May 2006 02:39 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Hate both of them....they can't wipe Mick T's ass.

If you dont like Jeff Beck...you dont like guitars....And no one these days has hands big enough to wipe Taylors ass
17th May 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

If you dont like Jeff Beck...you dont like guitars....And no one these days has hands big enough to wipe Taylors ass

I honestly never liked Jeff beck..boring stuff imo-but to each his own.
17th May 2006 04:06 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
jb wrote:

Whaa?!?

Are you fucking me!?!

JayBee, don't let me whisper things you've never heard before!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEiMIMH0HRg&search=jeff%20beck
17th May 2006 04:38 PM
jb I never liked Jeff Beck. Many here do. I prefer to listen primarily to the Stones, with a little Who, Springsteen, and a few others ...Stevie Ray, imo, schooled Jeff beck.
17th May 2006 05:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The jam is great, Woody jazzing on bass with Jeff doing a great work. I simply love it.

Now watch this one!

17th May 2006 05:25 PM
Hannalee Thanks for the link Gerardo; you like to share your good taste, I see, unlike certain lawyers whose lack of it amounts to a famine
17th May 2006 05:26 PM
pdog I'm with JB, Jeff Beck is very talented, but I just don't get into alot of his music. The Yarbirds stuff, with him, is stellar IMO.
17th May 2006 05:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
Thanks for the link Gerardo; you like to share your good taste

Now I see other who liked my Keith-Eating-Keith Hannibalesque header I posted yesterday
17th May 2006 05:54 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

WANKER
17th May 2006 05:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WANKER

Who jb o Jeff Beck?

LOL same initials
17th May 2006 06:21 PM
Saint Sway are you certain thats Ron Wood?? He didnt wave once!!
17th May 2006 10:44 PM
Pako Gertte
18th May 2006 07:58 AM
Navin
Jeff Beck looks like a Rolling Stone...and even came for an audition...but with Ron Wood around then who could come close?

Yeah, and who is this Mick Taylor everyone is talking about these days?

18th May 2006 10:14 AM
jb
quote:
Navin wrote:

Jeff Beck looks like a Rolling Stone...and even came for an audition...but with Ron Wood around then who could come close?

Yeah, and who is this Mick Taylor everyone is talking about these days?

No one denied Ron Wood was once a adequate guitarist...however, he was always aided by being in very talented groups. He played very well with the Stones for 6 yrs75-81 era...Since 89, to put it bluntly, he has sucked. For those who bash Taylor b/c of his weight etc, the bottom line is that he was with the Stones during their most productive/creative period...the man did and stil can run circles around Woody on his worst day.
As for Beck, boring, emotionless jamming.....I would take Stevie Ray or even Clapton in his prime over this ass-wipe.
18th May 2006 01:37 PM
Navin Dear JB;

But have you ever seen Mick Taylor play LIVE with the Stones during that era (1969-73)

18th May 2006 04:30 PM
Hannalee And another thread takes a quick trip to the gutter. Vulgar abuse only weakens your argument, my good man; fortunately SRV's and EC's opinion is both different and better.
18th May 2006 08:39 PM
Maxlugar Hey that was real good Voodoo. Thanks. Pretty gutsy thing to trot outlive. Especially as this is not what fan of the Jeff Beck Group in 1968 would expect. Note he uses no effects to pump himself up. Just pure Jeff, the greatest living guitarist. He always knows how to keep an instrumental interesting.

Ronnie is a better bass player than guitarist. He should be moved there and Mick Taylor brought back in.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)