ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Audio track: Mick Taylor live with the Blues Breakers - February 9, 1968 Fillmore West Return to archive
16th May 2006 08:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This so fucking great, check how he sounds before joining the stones

CLICK HERE, DOWLOAD AND PLAY IT LOUD
16th May 2006 08:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The track is "So Many Roads"
16th May 2006 08:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and the source is Wolfy's Vaults Radio today

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/static.aspx?Type=Audio/Radio.htm&LeftNav=Audio/RadioNav.htm
16th May 2006 09:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW that day the bill was Albert King, John Mayall and Jimi Hendrix at the top of the bill

Mick Taylor told me more about this night when I asked him about his several jams with Jimi Hendrix:

""I remember one time in 1966 ... 67 ... I think 67 ... I played in San Francisco at the Fillmore West, and I was playing with John Mayall; Albert King was playing and Jimi Hendrix was at the top of the bill. At the end ... some guys from the Grateful Dead got together with us and jammed all night. some more about what Mick replied me at http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm
16th May 2006 09:26 PM
Mel Belli Sublime.
16th May 2006 09:47 PM
Tom Great!
16th May 2006 09:49 PM
jpenn11
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This so fucking great

Understatement of the year!!
16th May 2006 09:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL I meant "it's so fucking great"

So today two awards

• Understatement of the year
  • Header of the year

Not bad Voodoo! Not bad

17th May 2006 06:51 AM
Staffan WOW!
Taylor's playing was very different then, IMO. Much more "Claptonesque". And there's a laid back, comfortable feeling to his playing that really gets me going! Much more long, extended bends than what he played with the Stones.

Does anybody know what kind of guitars/effects/amps he used back then?
17th May 2006 11:05 AM
jpenn11
quote:

Does anybody know what kind of guitars/effects/amps he used back then?

Don't know about effects. He used either an LP or SG and the amp was a Marshall stack typically. Voodoo has posted some pix of the live shows.
17th May 2006 11:41 AM
Staffan
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

Don't know about effects. He used either an LP or SG and the amp was a Marshall stack typically. Voodoo has posted some pix of the live shows.

Thanks. The guitar sound on this recording sounds very similar to Clapton's sound on Disraeli Gears. And I guess Eric used his painted SG and Marshall amps back then too.
18th May 2006 10:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're welcome!

I think this is one of the best tracks I have from that period, what a pity all those tapes from the 60s tours were destroyed by the fire

I posted it at SW5 but I think it didn't make it, don't know why... did you see it THERE jpenn11?
18th May 2006 04:27 PM
rocky this is far better sound,,than jm .3 live lp.
1-2-diary of the band vol 1 & 2
3-primal solos(check out i started walking)
18th May 2006 09:23 PM
jpenn11
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
You're welcome!
I posted it at SW5 but I think it didn't make it, don't know why... did you see it THERE jpenn11?

Voodoo, I saw the You Send It link at SW5 for the song and that's where I listened to it. Thanks again! Do you mean you posted pix there too? Those I haven't seen. I'll try to get you some.

I agree with rocky that this sounds clearer than Diary of a Band and Primal Solos. I think Taylor once said those recordings were made on a cassette on Mayall's keyboard. Apparently, Graham had better equipment.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)