ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: German speaking Stones fans help me out! Return to archive
May 17th, 2004 07:42 PM
Stratocasterguy Can anyone tell me what it says about this Keith puppet?

http://www.toaster.ch/schreiben_deintext.cfm?Presse.Command=details&ID=36

Thanks in advance.
May 17th, 2004 08:21 PM
stonedinaustralia Strat guy - i don't speak much german but i put the text througfh babelfish with the following results:

Rolling Stones concert Gaby Ewert([email protected]). On 08 August 2003 I visited Moin, moin, with my man franc the
Rolling Stones concert in Hanover/Germany. To this concert we carried ours forward world-wide FIRST Keith Richards puppet, in order to present there it also to the many Rolling Stones fans. We hoped to come directly at Keith Richards near which did not succeed to us unfortunately. The "Neue Presse" Hanover became however attentive on us and reported to 09.08.2003 in detail on our puppet. Also our "Cuxhavener Nachrichten" brought some time ago a large report over our puppets (meanwhile it gives also Mick Jagger in our living room). Gladly will we over you our dolls admits to give, the dollste cause would surely be the R-S concert to 02.10.2003 in Zurich. We would be pleased much to be pleased your interest to have waked and also about a short feedback much. Cordial greetings from the North Sea Coast from Cuxhaven sends

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
May 18th, 2004 04:57 AM
caro Just to explain the parts that are not easily understandable from sia's translation :

>(meanwhile it gives also Mick Jagger in our living room)

This means they've also made a puppet of Mick, which now hangs in their living room

>Gladly will we over you our dolls admits to give, the dollste cause would surely be the R-S concert to 02.10.2003 in Zurich.

Looks like they're talking to the webmaster here, saying they'd love to have their puppet advertised on the site or on the paper (that "Toaster" site looks like the online-version of a paper). The best occasion for this would be the Stones concert in Z�rich.
May 18th, 2004 06:17 AM
Ruby Tuesday I love these online translations...
This one is "handmade" (just in case you still have problems with the first one):

Rolling Stones in concert,

Gabi Ewert ([email protected]).
Good morning!
On August 8th, 2003 I attended the Rolling Stones concert in Hannover/Germany together with my husband. On this occasion we also brought with us the worldwide first Keith Richards puppet, to present it to the many Rolling Stones� fans. We had hoped to present it to Keith Richards in person, but unfortunately we did not succeed.

However, the �Neue Presse Hannover� became aware of us and published a detailed report on our puppet on August 9th, 2003. Also our �Cuxhavener Nachrichten� printed a big report on our puppets some time ago (in the meantime there is also a Mick Jagger in our living room).

We would really like to present our puppets to you and the greatest occasion to do so would certainly be the Rolling Stones concert in Zurich on October 2nd, 2003.

We would be happy, if we had raised your interest, and any feedback would be welcome.
With best regards from the Northsea Coast from Cuxhaven,

- Well, unfortunately we missed that occasion in Zurich. But I like the picture of that puppet, and I would really like to see the puppet version of Mick Jagger.
The article has an email address, so I guess I�ll contact them and ask for a photo of the Mick Jagger.
Does anyone else here want any information on the puppets? (I would pass on your request in German)
May 18th, 2004 06:52 AM
egon So lecker
May 18th, 2004 07:47 AM
Ruby Tuesday The pictures are already here...

https://fotoalbumdl.web.de/transfer/download/original/7551431/18124777/Keith%20Richards%20Marionette%201.jpg

https://fotoalbumdl.web.de/transfer/download/original/7551433/18124777/Keith%20Richards%20Marionette%203.jpg

https://fotoalbumdl.web.de/transfer/download/original/7551436/18124777/Mick%20Jagger%20Marionette%201.JPG