ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Time Is On My Side Return to archive
May 14th, 2004 12:57 PM
jasta Wyman's books and diaries say that Time Is On My Side-organ version was recorded at Chess on June 10, 1964. Other sources say June 24-26 in England. What is correct? Is there a stereo version of this song?

Thanks
May 14th, 2004 01:00 PM
jb Wyman is never wrong...he kept meticulous records of all recording and concert events.
May 14th, 2004 02:34 PM
Gazza The basic track was recorded 10/6/64 - the session from 24-26 June was basically an overdub session - so the correct answer is probably both.

Actually, Josh - theres quite a few mistakes in BOTH of Wyman's books, despite his anal retentiveness for apparently documenting everything (eg his assertion that the Stones played "Johnny B Goode" on the 1972 US Tour)
May 14th, 2004 02:37 PM
jb Thanks for calling me Josh....
May 14th, 2004 02:47 PM
Gazza well,its the name I've always known and referred to you by, and its certainly a more pleasant alternative than some!
May 14th, 2004 05:06 PM
UGot2Rollme I thought it was brilliant when the Stones resurrected Time for the '81 Tour... would be really nice to hear in '05 also.. (without the cheesie videos this Time)
May 14th, 2004 05:13 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Actually, Josh - theres quite a few mistakes in BOTH of Wyman's books, despite his anal retentiveness for apparently documenting everything (eg his assertion that the Stones played "Johnny B Goode" on the 1972 US Tour)

And that one is easily traced to the fact that they played "Bye Bye Johnny" several times during that tour. Notably at the famous MSG show on July 26th 1972.

There's also a really funny error in Rolling With The Stones, p. 477. It's a caption to a photo of Mick in mock Chinese garb, with Fu Manchu moustaches and long silk robe, saying: "Mick appeared in an early 1980's film of the Mikado. I ask you! Total fantasy on Bill's part.

The pic is really from the children's TV film "The Nightingale" (1983), based on H. C. Andersen's tale, in which Mick played the part of the "emperor of Cathay". It's part of the Faerie Tales Theater series of children's films. A little dated now, but it must have been a nice programme. I think Mick said he was interested to play in it because he could show one of his movies to his kids, who were still pretty young at the time.
May 14th, 2004 05:39 PM
Gazza I have "The Nightingale" on video. To call it bizarre to see Mick in it would be an understatement..

>And that one is easily traced to the fact that they played "Bye Bye Johnny" several times during that tour. Notably at the famous MSG show on July 26th 1972

yeah but i think Bill lists that they played BOTH Bye Bye Johnny and Johnny B.Goode. Not the case.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 14th, 2004 06:01 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I have "The Nightingale" on video. To call it bizarre to see Mick in it would be an understatement..

I have that video too. You may say "weird", even!
May 14th, 2004 06:03 PM
jasta Thanks for the replies. Is there a stereo version of this "organ" version?
May 15th, 2004 01:31 AM
Stonesthrow The guitar version has appeared in true stereo. I know of no place where the studio organ version has appeared in true stereo.