ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca Ditsturbs the Peace Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 13th, 2004 03:06 PM
Joey " What's that a Chief's cheerleader? Well they do need some kind of booby prize to keep their spirits up. Us Pat's fan's are spoiled rotten....all of that honor, recognition and Vince Lombardi trophy's do have a tendency to inflate ones ego. "

The Chief's play your Pats at Arrowhead Stadium this November on a Monday night !!!!!

..............you will NOT go home victorious .

Word !

May 13th, 2004 03:07 PM
jb http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&u=/nm/20040512/us_nm/science_cicadas_dc_7&printer=1
May 13th, 2004 03:14 PM
Joey

Whenever Macca sings " Eleanor Rigby " , " She's Leaving Home " , " Here , There and Everywhere " , and " Yesterday " in concert , Joey begins to blubber and ball like little baby ...........................

....................and then when Macca dedicates " My Love " to Linda , young Joey's chest heaves up and down HARD and his body shudders uncontrollably whilst tears flow down his face .

Word to Everyone's Grandma !

Macca Joe !
May 13th, 2004 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Whenever Macca sings " Eleanor Rigby " , " She's Leaving Home " , " Here , There and Everywhere " , and " Yesterday " in concert , Joey begins to blubber and ball like little baby ...........................

....................and then when Macca dedicates " My Love " to Linda , young Joey's chest heaves up and down HARD and his body shudders uncontrollably whilst tears flow down his face .

Word to Everyone's Grandma !

Do you move your body to the music?

Macca Joe !

May 13th, 2004 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

May 13th, 2004 03:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Cool. I know that this won't sound so PC but after having spent the last year with an "obese" person. I'm becoming more convinced that it's not so much a physical problem as a moral one. I used to believe the pc type claptrap, but every day I'm becoming more inclined to beleive that is more of a problem of moral corruption than genetics excuses. Oh well.
OK so it sounds like a dear abby, but I really love this person very much. No, it's not a lover...but a friend. and I just can't seem to get through to them. WTF? If something doesn't change they'll be dead in less than ten years. ????
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 13th, 2004 03:50 PM
Joey " Cool. I know that this won't sound so PC but after having spent the last year with an "obese" person. "

" I'm becoming more convinced that it's not so much a physical problem as a moral one. "

" I used to believe the pc type claptrap, but every day I'm becoming more inclined to beleive that is more of a problem of moral corruption than genetics excuses. "

" Oh well. "

May 13th, 2004 03:52 PM
jb Funny Stuff, Joey!!!-you still got plenty of game(and so do the Miami Heat).
May 13th, 2004 03:57 PM
Joey " Funny Stuff, Joey!!!-you still got plenty of game(and so do the Miami Heat). "

Is Pat Reilly still coaching them ?!?!?! No other white man has led more African Americans to the " Promised Land " than Pat Reilly .

Gotta go with my Spurs my Brother ................

What was that ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2004 04:00 PM
LadyJane TTM...your friend needs to go on LJ's RO diet. I have lost 82 lbs over the past 14 months. No fad diets...no gastric bypass.

I've changed my lifestyle and EXERCISE regularly.

I'm very proud of myself..I look and feel great...and my Doctor is Thrilled.

AND..I'm over 40. It's possible.

LJ.
May 13th, 2004 04:00 PM
jb Riley stepped down 4 days before the season opener and named Stan Van Gundy, brother of former Knick coach and current Houston Rockets head coah, as the coach. Riley oversees basketball operations and rumors are running amuk that he shall go to the Clippers if Kobe goes there(assuming he get's off the rape charges).
May 13th, 2004 04:02 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
TTM...your friend needs to go on LJ's RO diet. I have lost 82 lbs over the past 14 months. No fad diets...no gastric bypass.

I'm very proud of myself..I look and feel great...and my Doctor is Thrilled.

AND..I'm over 40. It's possible.

LJ.

That's fantastic LJ!!! You have my utmost respect and admiration.
May 13th, 2004 04:02 PM
Joey " I have lost 82 lbs over the past 14 months. No fad diets...no gastric bypass.

I'm very proud of myself..I look and feel great...and my Doctor is Thrilled. "

Come to Joey ..................................

Got Game !
[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2004 04:03 PM
Prodigal Son I'm wondering why jb doesn't praise Lennon. I mean, you hate Paulie so much (yes, I've hated him musically speaking ever since 1973) yet you ignore the golden era of Macca-bashing. John Lennon's repertoire of 1969-71 where there are constant shots taken at Paul. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band would be a great additon to your collection, jb.

First of all, it's not very Beatley. It's more stripped-down and Stones-like (except for "Love" and "Look at Me") than Beatley. Plus, he is very angry and venomous toward Paul and everything. "I don't believe in Beatles." How can you not like that, jb? Plus, there is an unusually small amount of Yoko references and she doesn't sing or play on any tracks. Imagine's got some of that too. "How Do You Sleep?" This is Paul-bashing at its best. "Let Me Roll it," Paul's response (which I like) pales in comparision to the venom Johnnie was spewing. Very much like Keith and Mick feuding except in this case it's only one of the two parties you take pleasure in seeing ridiculed.
Oh well, at least give credit to John for hating Paul for so long. Then he got too happy and made up.
May 13th, 2004 04:05 PM
jb
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
I'm wondering why jb doesn't praise Lennon. I mean, you hate Paulie so much (yes, I've hated him musically speaking ever since 1973) yet you ignore the golden era of Macca-bashing. John Lennon's repertoire of 1969-71 where there are constant shots taken at Paul. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band would be a great additon to your collection, jb.

First of all, it's not very Beatley. It's more stripped-down and Stones-like (except for "Love" and "Look at Me") than Beatley. Plus, he is very angry and venomous toward Paul and everything. "I don't believe in Beatles." How can you not like that, jb? Plus, there is an unusually small amount of Yoko references and she doesn't sing or play on any tracks. Imagine's got some of that too. "How Do You Sleep?" This is Paul-bashing at its best. "Let Me Roll it," Paul's response (which I like) pales in comparision to the venom Johnnie was spewing. Very much like Keith and Mick feuding except in this case it's only one of the two parties you take pleasure in seeing ridiculed.
Oh well, at least give credit to John for hating Paul for so long. Then he got too happy and made up.

I agree that John was the only Beatlw who had an attitude like the Stones....he just alienated me with his Yoko phase.
May 13th, 2004 04:07 PM
LadyJane Thanks guys! I proud of MYSELF too!!

Why I'm posting this on the Macca thread I don't know. Oh wait..yes I do..if I'm tempted to eat something bad, I just listen to Macca. Instant nausea.

LJ.
May 13th, 2004 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks guys! I proud of MYSELF too!!

Why I'm posting this on the Macca thread I don't know. Oh wait..yes I do..if I'm tempted to eat something bad, I just listen to Macca. Instant nausea.

LJ.

They just had a segment about gastric bypasses on ABC-for some, it's a miracle, for others a nightmare...very high risk surgery....requires a lot of pychological preparation as well as support...
May 13th, 2004 04:14 PM
LadyJane It's a surgery of LAST RESORT. The "in thing" at the moment.

Stop stuffing your face with fast food, junk food, drink lots of water, eat sensibly and know your body. Throw in some exercise and you're on your way.

Word!!

LJ.

May 13th, 2004 04:19 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, well it sucks considering the two best Beatles and the ones with real attitude, george and John, are dead. George's solo career only gave us 3 or 4 good albums while the rest were average to wretched. But he had a real spiritual understanding and a no-bullshit look on life. Listen to Brainwashed and see how Beatley that is. Paul wouldn't let John do anything political or out-there most of the time and George's great songs were ignored.

It's too bad, because John and George are the only two to be considered worthy of playing with the Stones (and John did, at least). Sure, they had their follies such as the Yoko music and the Krishna crap and collaborations with Jeff Lynne (well, it wasn't bad but the guy from ELO? Why?!!). Personally, I find the less bizzare and more pop-driven phase of Paul and Linda to be just as if not more annoying than the John and Yoko phase. At least they were trying something daring. There were messages they were trying to communicate while Paul and Linda's idea of rock is suitable for 10-year olds, yuppies and grandmothers.

Hell, John was a wild one in his prime. He might've enjoyed being a Stone but in the Beatles he had to act nice and distinguished. No need for Andrew Loog Oldham if John were a Stone. Running onto the stage with your trousers down and a toilet seat on your head would've been de rigeur. Plus, he had the same zeal for R&B, blues and old rock that the Stones did. Hell, his idol was Keith's, Chuck Berry.

But you might have to face the prophecy, jb. Macca will not go away. The man will put on world tours even when he's 95, in a wheelchair and can only play piano with his non-arthrytic hand and has to sing through a vocoder ala Neil Young's Trans. Scary to think.
At least John retired from the stage when he knew his time was up. We'll be subjected to more Paul Is Massacreing the Classics World Tour 2037. And Ringo was along for the ride so forget him because we know Charlie was a better drummer.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
May 13th, 2004 04:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
TTM...your friend needs to go on LJ's RO diet. I have lost 82 lbs over the past 14 months. No fad diets...no gastric bypass.
LJ.

Yeah. She NEEDS a diet ok, but no testimonials can really get through this type of denial. I'm mean I've never heard this kind of excuse making in my life. I'm a boozer and a flunkie myself but I can live a while longer just out of spite, lol, but this girl is really going to die young and soon, if she doesn't turn the corner. I wish I could help her but I can't. At least not directly.
May 13th, 2004 04:22 PM
LadyJane Unfortunately TTM..there is NOTHING you can do. Until SHE wants to make the change...it's all a waste of your breath.

Sad...but true!!

I know..trust me.

LJ.
May 13th, 2004 05:58 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Unfortunately TTM..there is NOTHING you can do. Until SHE wants to make the change...it's all a waste of your breath.

Absolutely. LJ is right. It's all about really wanting to change, not only the way you look like, but the way you live. And that's the difficult part.

I know too, because I've had similar weight problems for years, going from diet to disappointing diet. (Anybody notice that every diet works... for a time? After, you gain back the lost weight with a vengeance!)
I'm beginning now to see the root of the problem is in my head and my lifestyle. For me, the key was thinking about how I would feel if I wasn't so overweight: the pleasure of feeling well, not clumsy and heavy. And it was pretty liberating, thinking that I could try and do something for myself.

Once you've overcome the denial and fear, you have what's truly important: motivation. A healthy life is a sum of lots of things: no junk food but plain, healthy food, more exercise, drinking lots of water and above all finding other interests in life than stuffing yourself silly. But you need to know what you're doing and why, because there's no instant, magical solution.

May 13th, 2004 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Was that a anti-abortion song?

YOU MAKE JOEY LAUGH LIKE HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 13th, 2004 06:59 PM
gypsy The complainant is 67, lives with his cat, and still uses the term "ghettoblaster?"
He probably prefers Macca's stuff from "Wings."
May 13th, 2004 07:41 PM
gotdablouse And some of it s pretty good, mind you, like Band on the Run and...er well that's about it! Actually Goodnight Tonight isn't any worse than Miss You!

In 2002, I was blessed to see both Macca and The Stones at the Oakland arena and I think I got the biggest thrill when the Macca concert started and his shadow was projected on a giant screen with the ol' Hoffner. I'm a huge fan of bothe Macca and the Stones by the way!

He may have been bashed out of his wits but he gets the last laugh because he's the one who wrote the most memorable songs of the 20th Century ;-)

You've also got to give him credit for going out on stage with a tight unit of 5 musicians and not needing the support of 13 musicians to pull it off or at least thinks he needs that like Mick and Keith do these days. He for one would never tolerate a cretin like Chuckster on stage with him...

...and he's got an album lined up!
May 13th, 2004 07:53 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
He may have been bashed out of his wits but he gets the last laugh because he's the one who wrote the most memorable songs of the 20th Century ;-)

That's correct, sir/madam. He may not have the attitude (he's an unconvincing rocker, unlike Lennon) but he's a genial melodist (or used to be).

Still don't know about his concerts... Saw "Get Back" years ago and my fondest memories were the Help! clips (within a Richard Lester film!). IMHO, of course.
Page: 1 2