ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca Ditsturbs the Peace Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 13th, 2004 11:33 AM
goatshead McCartney's Rehearsals Draw Complaints

1 hour, 18 minutes ago

LONDON - He may be one of the world's most popular musicians, but Paul McCartney (news) failed to impress residents in a corner of east London when he began rehearsing nearby.

AP Photo

The former Beatle's raucous sessions in the Millennium Dome drew complaints from people living on the other side of the Thames River. Local officials have promised to monitor noise levels emanating from the site where McCartney, 61, is preparing for an upcoming tour.

"I thought someone was listening to a ghettoblaster in one of the other flats," local resident Eric Pemberton, 67, said of the noise. "I had the windows closed and the front door just open enough to let the cat in and out.

"It took me a while to realize that this bass was coming from the Dome on the other side of the river," said Pemberton, who lives in the London district of Tower Hamlets. The Dome is situated in the district of Greenwich, south of the Thames.

"I rang up the environmental health officers at the council and they told me 'It's Paul McCartney,'" Pemberton said. "I said 'So what? He doesn't pay my (taxes), and if it was me that was doing this I would have been prosecuted.'

"I thought it was quite unacceptable and even my cat was disturbed," he added.

McCartney's spokesman expressed regret for the excess noise.

"We love animals and so we're sorry about Mr. Pemberton's cat," he told Press Association, the domestic British news agency. Several calls made by The Associated Press to the spokesman went unanswered.

A spokeswoman for Greenwich council confirmed that McCartney was using the Dome for rehearsals and that the council had received complaints from Tower Hamlets residents, although she didn't know how many.

A spokesman for Tower Hamlets said the authority would monitor the noise coming from the Dome to ensure it didn't exceed an agreed level of 92 decibels.

No one was immediately available for comment at English Partnerships, the government agency that owns the Millennium Dome site.
May 13th, 2004 11:36 AM
jb vegetarian douchebag....I hope he suffers the same fate as Ewell Gibbons.
[Edited by jb]
May 13th, 2004 12:03 PM
gotdablouse At least he's still involved with creating new music (album due in late 2004/early 2005) and drawing some attention, unlike our dried-up heroes...
May 13th, 2004 12:03 PM
LadyJane Another Macca Tour.

Gag me.

I'm with you on this topic, jb!!

LJ.
May 13th, 2004 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
At least he's still involved with creating new music (album due in late 2004/early 2005) and drawing some attention, unlike our dried-up heroes...

I would rahter hear Brown Sugar a hundred more times than anything Macca has put out over the past 3 decades..the guy is a super nerd!!!
May 13th, 2004 12:39 PM
scratched No way! So thats what the music was! It was blasting away while I was at work nearby. He did a couple of good blues numbers and some other tacky shit.
May 13th, 2004 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
At least he's still involved with creating new music (album due in late 2004/early 2005) and drawing some attention, unlike our dried-up heroes...

LOL. Well it would seem that is the case. Macca does seem to be more creative these days. I dunno....I don't like Macca that much but gotablouse does make a valid point. But like the say "the boys will be the boys". If Keith does do a thing with the Wino's this summer that should limber him up. But If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd bet the Stones next record will be great.

May 13th, 2004 12:43 PM
Joey

Macca in concert is phenomenal and I Highly , HIGHLY recommend attending one of his gigs this year .

Word ! To all of you Great Great Grand Pappys

Jacky

May 13th, 2004 12:47 PM
Donny Rummy

http://www.artsjournal.com/letters/20040310-11773.shtml

please read in relation to the fetishism wildly prevalent on this fan board.
May 13th, 2004 12:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

http://www.artsjournal.com/letters/20040310-11773.shtml

please read in relation to the fetishism wildly prevalent on this fan board.

Later .........................................

If anyone from this board needs me I will be at " The Capital Grille " for lunch .

********* END TRANSMISSION **************
May 13th, 2004 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Macca in concert is phenomenal and I Highly , HIGHLY recommend attending one of his gigs this year .

Word ! To all of you Great Great Grand Pappys

Jacky

Joey, you know i love ya, but for the life of me, i can't understand you liking Macca....you're way too clever for that..
May 13th, 2004 01:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

Joey, you know i love ya, but for the life of me, i can't understand you liking Macca....you're way too clever for that..

Last count 65-70% of this board likes Macca.
May 13th, 2004 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Last count 65-70% of this board likes Macca.

I don't think those figures are accurate MB..maybe a bout 40%...Macca is a cheap, obnoxious, attention grabbing, song credit revisionist, who hopefully will be crushed by a giant redwood tree.
May 13th, 2004 01:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't think those figures are accurate MB..maybe a bout 40%...Macca is a cheap, obnoxious, attention grabbing, song credit revisionist, who hopefully will be crushed by a giant redwood tree.

Well I don't know. I did a "pop survey" thread about a year ago thinking we'd have some fun with some serious Macca bashing but I backed off from that idea as Macca's came out with a good support base. I was surprised that he came out so high. But...oh well.
May 13th, 2004 01:24 PM
jb Those who like Macca, IMHO, are not and could never be real Stones fans...and I am dead serious about this.
May 13th, 2004 01:25 PM
Nellcote I never liked Angela Lansbury, and I do not like her twin brother Macca either. He can make all the dough he wants, he only got mine because I like Elvis Costello and bought the album they co-wrote. Will someone take him to Madame Tussad's and give him the internal wax treatment?
May 13th, 2004 01:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Those who like Macca, IMHO, are not and could never be real Stones fans...and I am dead serious about this.

Well I'm not sure that one can actually be a real Beatles fan and like Macca say nothing about a real Stones fan. Lennon fired him. How Do You Sleep is still a great song.
May 13th, 2004 01:55 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
jb wrote:
Macca is a cheap, obnoxious, attention grabbing, song credit revisionist, who hopefully will be crushed by a giant redwood tree.

Hehe. With the exception of the redwood tree wish, I agree with you.
His concerts have very little to do with his underrated solo career.

May 13th, 2004 01:58 PM
jb (You're) Having My Baby

Sung by: Paul Anka with Odia Coates
Written By: Paul Anka

PAUL: Havin' my baby
What a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me
Havin' my baby
What a lovely way of sayin' what you're thinkin' of me
I can see it, face is glowin'
I can see in your eyes, I'm happy you know it....

BOTH: That you're havin' my baby
PAUL: You're the woman I love and I love what it's doin' to ya
BOTH: Havin' my baby
PAUL: You're a woman in love and I love what's goin' through ya

PAUL: The need inside you, I see it showin'
Whoa, the seed inside ya, baby, do you feel it growin'?
Are you happy you know it? That you're....

ODIA: I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me
ODIA: I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' through me

PAUL: Didn't have to keep it
Wouldn't put ya through it
You could have swept it from you life
But you wouldn't do it, no, you wouldn't do it

BOTH: And you're havin' my baby

ODIA: I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me
ODIA: I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' through me

PAUL: Havin' my baby (havin' my baby)
What a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 13th, 2004 02:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Wow JB. That WAS a great song. Didn't the X-Pensive Wino's cover that song?
May 13th, 2004 02:27 PM
jb Was that a anti-abortion song?
May 13th, 2004 02:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Was that a anti-abortion song?

Oh no I don't think so. Just a bit of that sappy sentimentalists' crap, when some sappy wimp got his girlfriend knocked up. Trigger Happy Daddy with no self control.
May 13th, 2004 02:39 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Josh , you are the only Jew in the WORLD who does NOT like Paul McCartney .

This was THE topic of discussion last evening on " The O ' Reilly Factor " with special guests " Larry King " , " Henry Kissinger " , " Bob Novak " , " Ed Bradley " ( still looking BAD by the way ) and " Rita Moreno " .

Word ! To Everyone's Great Great Great Grandpappy !

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Jersee !

[ Edited by The Kid ]

[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2004 02:53 PM
jb
May 13th, 2004 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

May 13th, 2004 02:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Macca is a "nice guy" and all that but he always reminded me of the guy that needed a good old fashion horse-whipping out back of the barn. For his own good mind you.
May 13th, 2004 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Macca is a "nice guy" and all that but he always reminded me of the guy that needed a good old fashion horse-whipping out back of the barn. For his own good mind you.

May 13th, 2004 02:58 PM
jb I would rather listen to the 'Indigo Girls" than Macca.
May 13th, 2004 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I would rather listen to the 'Indigo Girls" than Macca.

You make Joey weep and sh## liquid !!!!!!!! Why ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2004 03:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

What's that a Chief's cheerleader? Well they do need some kind of booby prize to keep their spirits up. Us Pat's fan's are spoiled rotten....all of that honor, recognition and Vince Lombardi trophy's do have a tendency to inflate ones ego.
Page: 1 2