ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Attn Joey: Dallas DVD (nsc) Return to archive
May 13th, 2004 10:56 AM
GimmeExile I'm sure you've been anticipating this!

Grab your 10-gallon hat and head for southfork, where power, wealth, sex and J.R. Ewing await you in Dallas: The Complete First & Second Seasons. At last making its DVD debut on August 24th from Warner Home Video, this five-disc set will included remastered 4:3 full screen transfers and Dolby 2.0 tracks, audio commentary on the series pilot and other select episodes by Larry Hagman, Charlene Tilton, and creator David Jacobs, and a new retrospective featurette "Soaptalk Dallas Reunion" featuring Hagman, Tilton, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. All this can be yours for only $49.95.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
May 13th, 2004 10:59 AM
jb THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
May 13th, 2004 11:22 AM
Donny Rummy Hey Josh-

McCartney's Rehearsals Draw Complaints

LONDON - He may be one of the world's most popular musicians, but Paul McCartney (news) failed to impress residents in a corner of east London when he began rehearsing nearby.

AP Photo

The former Beatle's raucous sessions in the Millennium Dome drew complaints from people living on the other side of the Thames River. Local officials have promised to monitor noise levels emanating from the site where McCartney, 61, is preparing for an upcoming tour.

"I thought someone was listening to a ghettoblaster in one of the other flats," local resident Eric Pemberton, 67, said of the noise. "I had the windows closed and the front door just open enough to let the cat in and out.

"It took me a while to realize that this bass was coming from the Dome on the other side of the river," said Pemberton, who lives in the London district of Tower Hamlets. The Dome is situated in the district of Greenwich, south of the Thames.

"I rang up the environmental health officers at the council and they told me 'It's Paul McCartney,'" Pemberton said. "I said 'So what? He doesn't pay my (taxes), and if it was me that was doing this I would have been prosecuted.'

"I thought it was quite unacceptable and even my cat was disturbed," he added.

McCartney's spokesman expressed regret for the excess noise.

"We love animals and so we're sorry about Mr. Pemberton's cat," he told Press Association, the domestic British news agency. Several calls made by The Associated Press to the spokesman went unanswered.

A spokeswoman for Greenwich council confirmed that McCartney was using the Dome for rehearsals and that the council had received complaints from Tower Hamlets residents, although she didn't know how many.

A spokesman for Tower Hamlets said the authority would monitor the noise coming from the Dome to ensure it didn't exceed an agreed level of 92 decibels.

No one was immediately available for comment at English Partnerships, the government agency that owns the Millennium Dome site.

May 13th, 2004 11:24 AM
jb Why is this prick rehearsing? I bet he will announce his tour to coincide with the Stones to deflect attention...I truly despise Paul.....
May 13th, 2004 12:39 PM
Joey
" Grab your 10-gallon hat and head for southfork, where power, wealth, sex and J.R. Ewing await you in Dallas: The Complete First & Second Seasons. At last making its DVD debut on August 24th from Warner Home Video, this five-disc set will included remastered 4:3 full screen transfers and Dolby 2.0 tracks, audio commentary on the series pilot and other select episodes by Larry Hagman, Charlene Tilton, and creator David Jacobs, and a new retrospective featurette "Soaptalk Dallas Reunion" featuring Hagman, Tilton, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. All this can be yours for only $49.95. "

GimmeExile ........................THANKS !!!!

You are much loved by The Joey !

Hell , I learned more from watching those first few seasons of " Dallas " ( When the old man , Jock Ewing [played by the late Jim Davis -- 1908 - 1981 ] was alive than four years of college and three years of Graduate School .

" Power isn't something that is given to you son , REAL Power is something you TAKE !!! " ( Jock Ewing to younger son Bobby , circa 1980 )

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee Joe
[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2004 12:49 PM
telecaster This is indeed good news

joey did you see my post that Larry & Linda are guesting on "Bold & The Beautiful?"

Cattleman's at 1:30?

Easy on the branch today, it has been a rough one
May 13th, 2004 02:14 PM
shakedhandswithkeith you lucky bastards, Warner release it only in english, not in german. I bought a hlaf year ago all episods (365) on VHS and spent 400 Euro

May 13th, 2004 02:28 PM
F505 On German TV they dubbed all the voices and I must say they did it quite well. Only the voice of Jock Ewing sounded a bit odd.
[Edited by F505]
May 13th, 2004 02:29 PM
telecaster joey did "Dallas" ever "JumpTheShark?"

www.jumptheshark.com

� The death of Pam was also a bad thing.
� Actually when bobby and j.r. stopped fueding over Ewing oil. This also occured when Bobby joined the texas legeslature. but such hypocracy was stopped.
� Dallas was never the same i think after they had a whole seasion be a dream of bobbys and replaced Barbara bell Geddies.
� Bobby's death was a dream.
� JUMP: Bobby gets killed. End of potential for true conflict. Fueding brothers. Pam.
FALL-OUT: New characters (Cindy from 3's Company?) Pam's dream.Backpedaling.
� When Bobby showed up in the shower (It's all a dream).
� The phoney Ms. Ellie! Who in this world can belive that Donna Reid could ever play Ms.Ellie! She was so bad that they came up with that lame dream thing just to get rid of her.
� The beginning of the season when they showed Bobby in the shower was the death of this show for me ... I was so angry watching that part !!! It was like the previous year didn't exist.
� For me this show was a dud from day one. Being a native texan, I found it stereotypical and offensive. I've yet to meet anyone in north Texas who lives in a ranch and/or is an oil tycoon. And we don't all wear those stupid hats. Still, Bobby's death and subsequent nondeath was pretty lame. Especially since just a year or two before they shot J.R. The writers were writing in circles and into corners.
� This was truly a wonderful soapy soap until they pushed the limits of poor imagination skill and had Pamela dream that Bobby was dead for a whole season! I was 10 when this happened and even I thought it was bad!
� when jock ewing died..they should have killed off the show with him.
� When they added a cast member (Jenilee Harrison) whose acting talents were so marginal that she was dumped from "Three's Company," for God's sake!

� I thought that dallas got rediculous when JR ended up in that stupid situation where he had to marry Calley. Then when she actually came to the ranch and like took over PUH_LEESE!
� The show first jumped during the year when Bobby was dead. I was glad he came back. But despite some continued silliness the show came back during the run of episodes ending when the Ewings set up and barbecued Jeremy Windell. This was the same episode Cally showed up at South Fork. Didn't care for her character but WOW was she cute! The show rejumped during the whole movie business with that lame JR film cliffhanger. Never got back to glory days although I liked the last episode.
� If the definition of jumping the shark is the moment when TV shows start to go downhill, then Dallas jumped when they revealed who shot J.R. It was a cultural phenomenon at the time, and the episode when it was revealed garnered the highest rating in history to that point. After that, there was nowhere to go but down. And the whole season that was a dream was as low as it got.
� Dallas started losing its strength right before the Dream Season. Leonard Katzman was the strength behind the show, and viewers will notice that most of the best, most suspensful episodes were written by him. I heard there is talk of a new show based on the next generation. It might be interesting to see how close it stays to the original, but it will probably be some teeny-bopper thing like 90227 or whatever that ZIP code show was.
� Short post: I hate soap operas. I particularly hate night time soap operas. Leave them all in mid-afternoon where they can be ignored at once.
� I believe any appearance by Barbara Eden should be considered as a definitive example of Jumping The Shark. Dallas, Circus of the Stars, Championship Ballroom Dancing, Hogan Family, Harper Valley PTA...simply typing those titles makes my fingers bleed. Ms. Eden may not be in the same league as Ted McGinley (who is?!) but her consistent ability to drive ANY AND ALL programs over the pool of sharks deserves, at long last, adequate recognition. She's been doing it for decades. DECADES! And there's no end in sight
May 13th, 2004 02:31 PM
F505 Now in many Dutch stores: the complete Bonanza DVD with Hoss, Little Joe, Pa and all others....
May 13th, 2004 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
This is indeed good news

joey did you see my post that Larry & Linda are guesting on "Bold & The Beautiful?"

Cattleman's at 1:30?

Easy on the branch today, it has been a rough one

Tele ...........................................

What's the " Bold and the Beautiful " ?!?!?!

Is that on CNBC after " HardBall " ?!?!

..........Can't Make " Cattleman's Club " today as I got some " Business Meetings " to attend to -- Please drink my share of Bourbon and tell Sue Ellen she is STILL nothing but a " Two Ball Saddle-Tramp " .

J.