ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Undercover Of The Night... CHORDS ?? Return to archive
May 10th, 2004 05:07 AM
ben c Ive been playing guitar for a year so am not to good at identifing chords by ear and I can find a tab for Undercover..
So can anyone please tell what the 3 main chords in undercover are.. Any other info will be a great help..
Are there any Guitar web sites out there for Keith wanna be's....?

Thanks
Ben
May 10th, 2004 10:02 AM
Mel Belli The Mick rhythm part is in open-G ... He plays a F-Bb figure on the 10th fret and goes to the 5th fret for the root of C.

On the chorus, he slips back and forth between a Bb on the 3rd fret and the aforementioned C chord.

So, if you know how to do the Keith thing -- barring with your index finger and playing the 4 chord with your middle and ring fingers -- then you've got "Undercover of the Night."
May 10th, 2004 10:09 AM
jb Ask the great and mysterious Mathjis....
May 10th, 2004 12:39 PM
ben c Thanks very much.... Any chance Tabbing those chords for me..
Ive tried looking them up but open g is newish to me..
THANKS

Ben
May 10th, 2004 12:51 PM
Mel Belli I don't know how to post tab, but others here do. Make sure you keep the post high, and someone will notice it.
May 10th, 2004 12:58 PM
ben c Thanks for the original reply...

Another question is thru and thru played in open G on the 4 flicks dvd ??

Any way if anyone can tab the chord fingerings for undercover would be a great help !..
May 10th, 2004 01:09 PM
Mel Belli "Thru and Thru" is in standard tuning, actually, on both the DVD and "Voodoo Lounge."

Just take your regular A chord and move it up two frets to the B chord for the main riff. I remember a guitar mag calling it a "haiku" figure when it came out.

I also remember Keith saying he was piss-drunk when he wrote and recorded it.

May 10th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey Mathijs is a Great Man and I am proud , PROUD !!! , ... VERY PROUD !!!! to post alongside him on this prodigious Message Board .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

J. Bercey !

[ Jo Jo ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 10th, 2004 03:35 PM
Mel Belli Excellent grammar, Joey.
May 10th, 2004 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
Mathijs is a Great Man and I am proud , PROUD to post on the same message board as he ......................

J. Bercey !

Mathjis is very, very serious, but understands the complexities of the guitar..he is the european version of the Jimmy Whitely....
May 10th, 2004 04:23 PM
ben c So those chords then... please anyone ??
May 10th, 2004 04:32 PM
jb
quote:
ben c wrote:
So those chords then... please anyone ??

Go to the Chord site....
May 10th, 2004 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Mathjis is very, very serious, but understands the complexities of the guitar..he is the european version of the Jimmy Whitely....

The Jimmy Whitley is one of the coolest individuals on this orb...................I wonder if he got tix yet ?!?!

Developing .............................

Jercy Bercy !
May 10th, 2004 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Excellent grammar, Joey.

********ANOTHER UNBELIEVABLE BLANK FRIGGIN STARE *********

Why ?!?! .........................

WHY ?!?! ..........................

JJJJJJJJJerc Bercy !
May 10th, 2004 05:00 PM
Mel Belli You try and pay a guy a compliment. ...

May 10th, 2004 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
You try and pay a guy a compliment. ...

Mel , ...............Come to Joey !
May 10th, 2004 05:40 PM
Mel Belli You changed the post with the spot-on grammar! "...the same message board as he" was correct. You almost never see people get that right, and you went and edited it!
May 13th, 2004 12:41 PM
Dead Flower Cardinal Fang knows this stuff too. You have to catch him on a good day because he gets many requests. If he likes you he will help you. I met him at one of his concerts almost two years ago. These two girls were buying him drinks and I didn't want to interupt but he was so nice about it and later thanked me for saving him! I asked him bootleg questions and he knew all the answers. He also played Child Of The Moon at that concert and it was really cool. The man knows his stuff!
May 13th, 2004 12:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
You changed the post with the spot-on grammar! "...the same message board as he" was correct. You almost never see people get that right, and you went and edited it!

*********ANOTHER BLANK STARE *****************

Why Mel ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Jercee