ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's the Hoffman thread??? Return to archive
May 10th, 2004 12:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot Lemme guess...someone didn't like what they were seeing so they just deleted the thread.

So I'll say it again....

Abby Hoffman was no fuckin' hero. He was a loudmouth radical. He spewed leftist hogwash, and was no different than fuckin' Jerry Falwell and his right wing religious spew.

Radicalism is the birthplace of terrorism. Left, right, religious, or athiest...it's all the same.

I'm glad Abby Hoffman is dead.

Delete THAT, asshole!
May 10th, 2004 02:41 AM
Jumacfly who erased this one??
May 10th, 2004 04:47 AM
beer ten thousand hotels always deletes his posts/topics. they're usually irrelevant anyway.
May 10th, 2004 08:57 AM
Leroy Sanders
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Lemme guess...someone didn't like what they were seeing so they just deleted the thread.

So I'll say it again....

Abby Hoffman was no fuckin' hero. He was a loudmouth radical. He spewed leftist hogwash, and was no different than fuckin' Jerry Falwell and his right wing religious spew.

Radicalism is the birthplace of terrorism. Left, right, religious, or athiest...it's all the same.

I'm glad Abby Hoffman is dead.

Delete THAT, asshole!

No different than Jerry Falwell? You're crazy, man! Did Jerry Falwell conspire to kill people?
May 10th, 2004 09:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
who erased this one??

The author, Mr. Motels
May 10th, 2004 10:13 AM
jb Interesting you don't like Hoffman who attempted to expose the Vietnam war for what it was, yet you recently claimed you changed your mind about the Iraqi war which, in many ways, is parallel to Vietnam on a much smaller scale.
May 10th, 2004 10:25 AM
Jumacfly ok...i haven t followed this thread sorry !
May 10th, 2004 10:40 AM
egon me neither, though that's not uncommon for me.
May 10th, 2004 10:52 AM
sirmoonie Yet another reason to love Pete Townshend.
May 10th, 2004 10:57 AM
jb I guess Abby was too old for Pete.
May 10th, 2004 11:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Did Jerry Falwell conspire to kill people?<

Perhaps he did. You think Falwell doesn't have sympathy for abortion clinic bombers...or people who murder abortion clinic workers? Do you REALLY know that Falwell was not behind some of those killings...or at the very least...the inspiration behind their deadly actions?

ANY radical that espouses hate is NOT a hero. Abby Hoffman espoused hate(hate of government, hate of anyone who opposed "the cause".)...Jerry Falwell espouses hate(hate of abortion, hate of non-believers.). At least Abby Hoffman was up front about his hate. Falwell cloaks his hate in religious "love". Despicable.

JB...I am different from Abby Hoffman. My opposition of the Iraq war will NEVER become VIOLENT. I do not HATE people who differ from my view. I do not think that murder of government officials is a viable option. The farthest I go is to encourage people to vote against the current administration. No JB, I am NOTHING like Abby Hoffman. And I am much better looking than he was.

What Mr. Hoffman failed to understand is one of the many things that George W. fails to understand. Just because your "cause" is just, does not make your violent actions just.

GW thinks that because Saddam's regime was evil, removing that regime is morally correct. If you are morally correct, then whatever action he takes to remove that regime is also correct. Mr Bush does not see that he made one of the biggest foriegn policy mistakes in the history of foriegn policy mistakes...because his "cause" is morally just. The end does NOT always justify the means.
May 10th, 2004 12:26 PM
telecaster It is pretty damn funny that Jerry Rubin went on to become a commodities trader

Free market rules man!
May 10th, 2004 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Interesting you don't like Hoffman who attempted to expose the Vietnam war for what it was, yet you recently claimed you changed your mind about the Iraqi war which, in many ways, is parallel to Vietnam on a much smaller scale.

Was Iraq the way it was because of Saddam ?!?!?!

........or was Saddam the way he was because of Iraq ?!?!?!

Discuss ..................................

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
May 10th, 2004 02:27 PM
Joey
" No JB, I am NOTHING like Abby Hoffman. And I am much better looking than he was. "

May 10th, 2004 03:10 PM
jb I think we can all agree that John Derek was the most handsome man of all time.
May 10th, 2004 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I think we can all agree that John Derek was the most handsome man of all time.

Gotta go with Cary Grant ( circa 1951 ) or Errol Flynn ( circa 1923 ) on THAT one my Brother .

I think we can all agree that Jodie foster likes " Puss Puss "

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercy !

May 10th, 2004 03:26 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gotta go with Cary Grant ( circa 1951 ) or Errol Flynn ( circa 1923 ) on THAT one my Brother .

I think we can all agree that Jodie foster likes " Puss Puss "

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercy !

That guy who was one of the James Bonds. Timothy Dalton.

Now he was handsome.

May 10th, 2004 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

That guy who was one of the James Bonds. Timothy Dalton.

Now he was handsome.

May 11th, 2004 03:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Delete THAT, asshole!

Oh my!
May 11th, 2004 03:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nya nya nya nyanya nya!