ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Smashing Pumpkins In SF Return to archive
17th May 2007 09:18 PM
pdog I will definitely try to hit a few of these... Back in the day, like another lifetime. i worked for Rough Trade Records. I remember these guys doing an in-store show to about 15 or 20 people, and at least 6 of s worked for the company.

The Smashing Pumpkins have announced eight unprecedented shows at the The Fillmore in San Francisco, CA.

The eight concerts in San Francisco mark the first time the band has returned to The Fillmore since April of 1994 when they were invited to be the band to re-open the historic venue. Fans attending the Fillmore shows are invited to capture the concerts with audio and video recorders.

General admission tickets for these all-ages shows go on sale Sunday, May 20. The San Francisco tickets ($25.00 each) and will be available at 10:00 AM Pacific via www.ticketmaster.com and www.livenation.com.

7/22/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/24/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/25/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/27/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/28/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/30/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
7/31/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
8/1/2007 TBD San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
17th May 2007 09:30 PM
mojoman jeez people really must want to see them after all these years. when i saw them last at the berkeley community theater in may of 2000 i dont think the show was even sold out....
17th May 2007 11:09 PM
Gimme Shelter I'm going to try and get tickets for the July 28th show
17th May 2007 11:13 PM
pdog I'm going to try to hit the weekday shows... I'll buy two tickets, and hopefuly will be able to find someone cool to trade a show for show with... I have a feeling this is going to be a fast seller.
18th May 2007 12:40 AM
Nasty Habits They are playing nine of their dates here in Asheville, at the Orange Peel.

That is some of the craziest shit I have ever heard in my life.

18th May 2007 12:49 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fans attending the Fillmore shows are invited to capture the concerts with audio and video recorders.

You have a video camera?

They were great in 1994 but haven't really been interested since the Mellon Collie period. If anything, it looks like Corgan is just resurrecting the name as it's more valuable than anything other brand he has been using since 2000.
18th May 2007 01:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

You have a video camera?

They were great in 1994 but haven't really been interested since the Mellon Collie period. If anything, it looks like Corgan is just resurrecting the name as it's more valuable than anything other brand he has been using since 2000.

No video cameras.... haven't seen the Pumpkins in over ten years, maybe 12 or more actaully, I think i last saw them in 1994 if I'm remembering.
18th May 2007 02:00 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:
If anything, it looks like Corgan is just resurrecting the name as it's more valuable than anything other brand he has been using since 2000.

That's all it is...The Billy Corgan Project...And people give Axl a hard time for using Guns N' Roses name? Darcy and Iha are not even in the band this time....and they only broke up 7 years ago. Their reunion only makes the Police reunion seem even more miraculous.

I saw them at tiny club in August 1991 for $5, which was cool, but I never saw them again and can only tolerate Corgan's voice for a handful of tunes at any given time.
18th May 2007 10:48 AM
nanatod
quote:
pdog wrote:
Back in the day, like another lifetime. i worked for Rough Trade Records.

That's f'in amazing. I'm very, very impressed.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)