ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards To Become An Action Figure Return to archive
15th May 2007 09:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keith Richards To Become An Action Figure

Rolling Stone To Appear As Figure Based On 'Pirates' Role

Tim Lammers, Web Staff Editor
nbc5.com
May 15, 2007

Keith Richards is rolling into the action figure world for the first time -- as one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean."

According to Randy Falk, director of product development for the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, the company has secured the exclusive rights to produce an action figure of Richards' character, Captain Teague Sparrow, from the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

The film trilogy's star, Johnny Depp, has often in press interviews referred to Richards as the inspiration for his portrayal of the bumbling pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow. The famed Rolling Stones guitarist, in turn, agreed to do a cameo in the new film.

The production of the figure is a coup for the New Jersey-based NECA, made possible through company owner Joel Weinshanker's strong contacts in the music business, Falk said.

"Richards was not and is not part of the merchandising program with anybody else," Falk said in an @ The Movies interview Tuesday. "We did a deal with him directly due to a relationship that Joel has from working with the Stones in the past."

Falk said that Richards' Captain Teague figure would be available in both 7-inch and 18-inch form.

"People will be able to have Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad on their toy shelves sometime later this summer," Falk enthused.

NECA has previously produced 7-inch and 18-inch action figures based on the first two "Pirates of the Caribbean" films. In addition to Captain Jack, the company has released detailed action figures of Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and Davy Jones (Bill Nighy).

Falk wasn't able to release photos of Richards' figure because studio Disney has been keeping all photos of Teague under wraps.

NECA has produced action figures, prop replicas and other related merchandise for several films, including "300," "Grindhouse," "Sin City," "Kill Bill" and "Shaun of the Dead."

Last year, NECA became the first company to produce an action figure of the iconic film villain Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) from "The Silence of the Lambs."

The company is also producing action figures and related merchandise for the Harry Potter movie franchise, including the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
15th May 2007 10:08 PM
glencar Same post appeared om shidddoooobbbbbeeeee...
15th May 2007 10:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same post appeared om shidddoooobbbbbeeeee...

Not surprising. What goes around comes around.
15th May 2007 10:58 PM
texile wouldn't that be funny......
15th May 2007 11:40 PM
Highwire Rob But even before he was a pirate he's always been our action figure on Rocks Off.

Link to the crisper footage: http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1168075093/Keith_Richards_Hits_A_Fan_In_Face_With_Guitar
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
16th May 2007 01:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
texile wrote:
wouldn't that be funny......

Well it would be stupid imho. The greatest rock 'n roll star in the world becoming a pirate action figure.
16th May 2007 02:12 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Well it would be stupid imho. The greatest rock 'n roll star in the world becoming a pirate action figure.

16th May 2007 02:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

My Great Grandma knitted that blanket, FYI.,,,....
16th May 2007 02:39 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

My Great Grandma knitted that blanket, FYI.,,,....

And the dog is pissing on it?
16th May 2007 02:44 AM
FotiniD I don't know what you guys think, but I'm starting to pick the exact shelf it's going to be placed on
16th May 2007 07:56 AM
Mel Belli I want one.
16th May 2007 09:35 AM
Jumacfly my sources told that this action figure man could replace the real Keef this summer.
16th May 2007 10:00 AM
GotToRollMe I'll take the 18" one, please.
16th May 2007 10:20 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'll take the 18" one, please.

Cutting back are we?....lmaooooooooooo

I will wait until the term "Action" is properly defined.
16th May 2007 10:51 AM
MrPleasant
16th May 2007 12:33 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

And the dog is pissing on it?

Not true.
16th May 2007 12:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

To put it...where?
16th May 2007 01:58 PM
luxury1 I am going to pose mine in compromising positions with some old GI Joe's I have.

And then post the photos on his website.
16th May 2007 02:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I am going to pose mine in compromising positions with some old GI Joe's I have.

And then post the photos on his website.

I can think of some good ones.
16th May 2007 02:23 PM
Saint Sway these are the only action figures worth owning:

16th May 2007 03:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

There isnt really a retort that could do that statement justice
16th May 2007 10:39 PM
Gimme Shelter I know I will be buying both. They need to put out a Stones set of figures.
17th May 2007 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I stiil say that all this Pirates of Caribbean stuff is Keith's way of getting even with Mick for acccepting that knighthood.
17th May 2007 12:10 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
these are the only action figures worth owning:

Now THOSE are some kickass action figures.
17th May 2007 01:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Same post appeared om shidddoooobbbbbeeeee...

Shi-who-be?
17th May 2007 07:02 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)