ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Miami Road Rage (nsc) Return to archive
15th May 2007 12:42 PM
Jumping Jack It would seem that rich lawyers driving expensive luxury cars can result in unsafe driving conditions!

Miami drivers have worst road rage
City earns not-so-distinguished distinction for second year in a row
The Associated Press
Updated: 11:26 a.m. ET May 15, 2007
MIAMI - For the second consecutive year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.

Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press that he has probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami’s roads.

“You don’t want to know what I’ve seen,” Pinto said. “I’ve seen everything. I’m from L.A., and we don’t see the crazy drivers that you see here.”

The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

Portland drivers were the least likely to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, according to the survey.

Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but fell to No. 12 this year.

The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also said road rage can stem from poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.

“The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful,” AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18665115/?GT1=9951

15th May 2007 12:45 PM
gimmekeef Another list with bad stuff...and of course we in the ATL are on it......Guess the poll takers have never been on 285 here...makes Miami look like a deserted road I bet...
15th May 2007 02:10 PM
Nellcote JB?
15th May 2007 02:50 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB?

No..his pissed off clients..after he sends them his bill...
15th May 2007 04:02 PM
glencar I just drove home from work & got stuck between a woman in a lovely pink chador. She was doing 50 in the left lane (limit is 55) and when the traffic in the other lane braked because they were exiting, she too chose to brake even though no one was in front of her. When I expressed outrage, she but on her hazard lights. Thank "Allah" I was able to get around her.
15th May 2007 05:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just drove home from work & got stuck between a woman in a lovely pink chador. She was doing 50 in the left lane (limit is 55) and when the traffic in the other lane braked because they were exiting, she too chose to brake even though no one was in front of her. When I expressed outrage, she but on her hazard lights. Thank "Allah" I was able to get around her.

were you at least able to ask her out for a drink?
15th May 2007 09:37 PM
glencar I gave her a BLT & she about died of fright!
16th May 2007 01:43 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.;
Portland drivers were the least likely to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways,

Our politics are better here, too.
16th May 2007 02:05 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just drove home from work & got stuck between a woman in a lovely pink chador. She was doing 50 in the left lane (limit is 55) and when the traffic in the other lane braked because they were exiting, she too chose to brake even though no one was in front of her. When I expressed outrage, she but on her hazard lights. Thank "Allah" I was able to get around her.

Very nice (in an Borat accent)!!!!!
16th May 2007 02:07 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
I gave her a BLT & she about died of fright!

Bacon, Letus & Tomato
16th May 2007 04:16 PM
glencar No incidents today...
16th May 2007 04:24 PM
Nellcote Praise Be Allah!
16th May 2007 04:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
No incidents today...

Have no fear. Crocket and Tubby are on the scene.

16th May 2007 04:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Praise Be Allah!

I have a feeling that she was just learning to drive & I probably *could* have been more patient. I'll have to fucking work on that!
16th May 2007 04:46 PM
Nellcote Is this code for she received her training on a non motorized form of transport?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)