ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones at Slane - Support? Return to archive
14th May 2007 06:46 AM
jaymze Hey one and all!

Got my Slane ticket in the post a few days ago and its gates at 3pm, its got me thinking... any idea of who are going to support them. Anyone been confirmed yet? I have heard different rumours, everyone from AC/DC to The Black Crowes. Was looking for a thread on this already but can't find a recent one.

Aerosmith's support bands for Dublin have been announced (Chris Cornell and The Feeling), it has got me thinking of Slane.
14th May 2007 09:41 AM
Gazza Tiniwaren are one of the support acts. I mentioned it in the European Tour thread thats stickied at the top of the page.

Someone on IORR said that Hot Press' website have confirmed that Van Morrison will also be on the bill, but I havent seen that verified yet. He is opening for the Stones on the first 2 shows of the tour in Werchter and Nijmegen however.
14th May 2007 12:40 PM
Dan Other than Tinariwen, have any openers for the tour been announced?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=72474

According to GlobalRhythm.net, GUNS N' ROSES and THE BLACK CROWES are rumored to be among the support bands being considered for THE ROLLING STONES' gig in front of a 65,000-strong crowd at Slane Castle in Dublin, Ireland on August 18. The only support act currently confirmed to appear is TINARIWEN.

As previously reported, a studio mix of another new GUNS N' ROSES song, "There Was a Time", was leaked on May 6, making it the fourth new GN'R track in two days to be released via the Internet ("The Blues", "Chinese Democracy" and "I.R.S." were leaked two days earlier). "There Was a Time" (also known as "T.W.A.T.") was played live only twice — at the first New York City warm-up show on May 12, 2006 and Madrid, Spain on May 25, 2006 — and was mentioned as one of GN'R singer Axl Rose's favorites in an interview he gave to Rolling Stone magazine in January 2006. All tracks are rumored to be set for inclusion on GUNS N' ROSES' upcoming album "Chinese Democracy". (NOTE: Please **DO NOT** post links to these audio files in the comments section or you will be permanently banned)

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James revealed in a February 2007 online posting that "Chinese Democracy" was in the "mixing" stage.

GUNS N' ROSES has announced that the band's 2007 world tour will begin on June 2 in Monterrey, Mexico. Launch dates in South Africa and Japan were bumped due to a wrist injury sustained by bassist Tommy Stinson.

(Thanks: GnrDaily.com)
14th May 2007 12:52 PM
Gazza The 'Black Crowes for Slane' story was reported on another site but is absolute crap. Theyre playing in Portland, Maine on that day. That same story also mentioned G'n'R but there has been nothing here to back that story up either.

The only opening acts confirmed are the ones already mentioned on the European tour thread.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th May 2007 03:18 AM
nasalwizard I still have not received my slane tickets..im in the UK..should i be worried ???
15th May 2007 07:08 AM
Gazza I havent either. Most people I know havent.
15th May 2007 03:54 PM
Gazza Slane tickets seem to have started arriving in the last day or two for a few people in the British Isles, so I suppose they're starting to trickle through
15th May 2007 03:57 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I got mine about a week ago.
15th May 2007 09:41 PM
glencar You're going?
16th May 2007 04:22 AM
jaymze I got my ticket on friday (to Scotland). Was getting a little bit worried as Ticketmaster.ie had my ticket here for the Aerosmith Dublin gig in about 2 days. Don't worry, the tickets are on the way!

Any more rumours of AC/DC for Slane. Although I can't say I am a fan it would be a riot to see Angus, Brian etc strutting their stuff in Slane!
16th May 2007 04:25 AM
Dan
quote:
jaymze wrote:
I got my ticket on friday (to Scotland). Was getting a little bit worried as Ticketmaster.ie had my ticket here for the Aerosmith Dublin gig in about 2 days. Don't worry, the tickets are on the way!

Any more rumours of AC/DC for Slane. Although I can't say I am a fan it would be a riot to see Angus, Brian etc strutting their stuff in Slane!

Isn't the show sold out? If so, there would be little reason to pay AC/DC a million dollars to help sell tickets.
16th May 2007 07:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

Isn't the show sold out? If so, there would be little reason to pay AC/DC a million dollars to help sell tickets.

thats what I think too. Makes more sense to bring in the big name opening acts for the slow selling shows - not one that sold out in three hours.
16th May 2007 01:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're going?

No I sold it.
16th May 2007 01:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're going?

Your ticket's transfer from "Golden Circle B" to "Golden Circle A" status has been arranged.
16th May 2007 04:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Your ticket's transfer from "Golden Circle B" to "Golden Circle A" status has been arranged.

Thanks!
16th May 2007 05:40 PM
jaymze Mr GCar will be in section A???

Excellent! See you there. Last time I met you was in the audience for the 1st night in the Point Depot, 2003. Should prove to be another excellent gig!
17th May 2007 12:37 AM
glencar Oh yes, I've already bought the plane ticket. Looking forward to greeting you again. Are you from Dublin?
17th May 2007 03:04 AM
jaymze
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you from Dublin?

Nope! From Killarney down in county Kerry, but live in Scotland now. From what I remember in 2003, you met someone on the plane that I went to school with when you were flying to Europe. Small world!
17th May 2007 09:34 PM
Slavegirl I just bought my tickets into Dublin...Yikes!!
17th May 2007 10:06 PM
pdog I'm really excited for you guys. I hope you get G 'n R too. When i saw them at the warfield last year I was really impressed....

Dan, do you have links or anyway you know I can get a hold og the leaked tunes from Chinesse Democracy?

Let me know.... thanks.
17th May 2007 10:15 PM
Fiji Joe Check your email pdog
17th May 2007 10:39 PM
pdog replied...

Still need new G n' R too!
18th May 2007 12:32 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm really excited for you guys. I hope you get G 'n R too. When i saw them at the warfield last year I was really impressed....

Dan, do you have links or anyway you know I can get a hold og the leaked tunes from Chinesse Democracy?

Let me know.... thanks.

Not at all, I haven't been paying attention. Also, it's been torrents galore since I got DSL last week and my bandwidth is taxed to the point where I probably couldn't even download an MP3. In another 21 hours I am going to be watching a killer Suicidal Tendencies DVD!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)