ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ringo Starr "unimpressed" by Rolling Stones live Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th May 2007 09:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels RINGO STARR 'UNIMPRESSED' BY ROLLING STONES LIVE

THE BEATLES drummer RINGO STARR is unimpressed by the ROLLING STONES' live performances - and insists he'd rather watch them from the comfort of his own home. The star admits he didn't enjoy sitting in the audience at one of the rockers' stadium concerts, as he spent the duration of the gig watching the band on a huge screen. He says, "(Rolling Stones' frontman) Mick (Jagger) got us the tickets and we had great seats, but we ended up watching the screens all the time. "I thought, 'Well, I can just watch them on TV', so I haven't bothered going to a stadium show since.'"

09/05/2007 13:17
contactmusic.com
9th May 2007 09:23 AM
Nellcote ADD?
9th May 2007 10:30 AM
Bruno I saw most of Copacabana by the screen too. Very odd. They were there, in front of me (sort of) and I was still looking at them in the screen.
9th May 2007 10:34 AM
gimmekeef Hey Ringo?.....hows the big lineup for your Allstars coming along this year?....Coming this summer to a half empty amphitheater near you....Large screens not required...

9th May 2007 10:51 AM
gypsy Lame "story." Geez, the media will do anything to perpetuate the imaginary Stones-Beatle rivalry.
Ringo didn't bash the Stones' performance - he was just saying that he doesn't like watching a concert/live show as part of a large audience. And, quite frankly, I don't either.
9th May 2007 11:14 AM
The Pretentious Poet No doubt, Gypsy. I agree!
No Stones for me on a big TV.
And Ringo didn't bash our boys.
'Cause "Beggars" brings him lots of joys.
He just hates the stadium show,
That big beaked banger, our Ringo.
To Mick and Keith, he didn't say "Quit..."
He just said, "I can't see shit!"
9th May 2007 11:30 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:
No doubt, Gypsy. I agree!

My God...
9th May 2007 11:39 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
RINGO STARR 'UNIMPRESSED' BY ROLLING STONES LIVE

THE BEATLES drummer RINGO STARR is unimpressed by the ROLLING STONES' live performances - and insists he'd rather watch them from the comfort of his own home. The star admits he didn't enjoy sitting in the audience at one of the rockers' stadium concerts, as he spent the duration of the gig watching the band on a huge screen. He says, "(Rolling Stones' frontman) Mick (Jagger) got us the tickets and we had great seats, but we ended up watching the screens all the time. "I thought, 'Well, I can just watch them on TV', so I haven't bothered going to a stadium show since.'"

dudes old.
9th May 2007 11:50 AM
gypsy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

My God...

My God...
9th May 2007 11:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
RINGO STARR 'UNIMPRESSED' BY ROLLING STONES LIVE

09/05/2007 13:17
contactmusic.com

W - W- What ?!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9th May 2007 12:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:
No doubt, Gypsy. I agree!

LMAO. priceless.
9th May 2007 12:07 PM
Mel Belli Aren't those limericks rather than poems? Seriously...
9th May 2007 01:25 PM
Bingo Please read the article.

This is from Rolling Stone's 40th annivesary issue.
I don't have the issue in front of me, but he's dogging the stadium show...not the stones. He doesn't think music should be played in large stadiums. He states, he would watch them on TV.

He also said in that article, that Dylan asked him backstage, what he wanted to hear.....Ringo said "Maggies Farm"...Dylan's band laughed....because they already played Maggie's Farm.

Ringo said something like....There are good Dylan shows, which you can understand what he's playing....and others, you have no idea what he's playing until the song is almost over.

He called out The Police, he said there performance on the garmmy's? was awful, and they're just re-uniting for money.
9th May 2007 02:01 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

My God...

Let Fergie be your guide, 'Habby.

9th May 2007 02:11 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
9th May 2007 02:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Aren't those limericks rather than poems? Seriously...

no..the rhyming scheme in a limerick is always

A-A-B-B-A

Glad to be of service!
9th May 2007 02:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hey Ringo?.....hows the big lineup for your Allstars coming along this year?....Coming this summer to a half empty amphitheater near you....Large screens not required...

maybe sanjaya this year!!!
9th May 2007 02:16 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A-A-B-B-A

Glad to be of service!

???
9th May 2007 04:31 PM
sammy davis jr. ABBA = Hitmeisters
9th May 2007 04:35 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A-A-B-B-A

Glad to be of service!

Why, thank you!
9th May 2007 04:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

???

Abba are from Limerick?
9th May 2007 05:01 PM
Dan Concert On A Big Screen = not impressive

Pyro = very impressive
9th May 2007 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I am a powerful writer

********* SIGH ***************

9th May 2007 05:31 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

********* SIGH ***************

9th May 2007 06:12 PM
Joey
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Tampa ?!

9th May 2007 06:16 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hey Ringo?.....hows the big lineup for your Allstars coming along this year?....Coming this summer to a half empty amphitheater near you....Large screens not required...

Ringo's son , Zak , is one Hell of a drummer and is a PERFECT fit for THE WHO . Word .

Unlike .................................:

|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
9th May 2007 07:27 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ringo's son , Zak , is one Hell of a drummer and is a PERFECT fit for THE WHO . Word .

Unlike .................................:

|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]

those who shows with zak and the ox were the most exciting since moon checked out...........
9th May 2007 11:51 PM
glencar Ringo can't sing at this point. I saw it on the TV screen in the comfort of my own home. Mick can still sing.
10th May 2007 11:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels What is it with people? The guy gets free tickets and he still bitches. But I guess Ringo is used to having a free ride.
10th May 2007 11:14 AM
glencar Ron Paul is a douchebag. I hoep you're not endorsing him. All my respect for you will be lost.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)