ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Official DVD Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th May 2007 11:22 AM
Bruno Last time I checked Gazza said it would be out before the European tour. So will it be in this month?
7th May 2007 11:25 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Last time I checked Gazza said it would be out before the European tour. So will it be in this month?

May/June.
7th May 2007 11:41 AM
gimmekeef Its been delayed....Looks like another 4 months of overdubbing will be required....
7th May 2007 11:43 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Its been delayed....Looks like another 4 months of overdubbing will be required....

Well better make it 8...
7th May 2007 11:50 AM
Mel Belli It's a safe bet that whatever is eventually released will be inferior to what fans themselves have recorded or unofficially gotten their hands on ... When it comes to official live documents, the Stones have the Midas touch in reverse.
7th May 2007 11:51 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I liked Four Flicks!
7th May 2007 11:54 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I liked Four Flicks!

The concept and packaging were brilliant. But, for me, the performances themselves weren't remarkable.
7th May 2007 11:55 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The concept and packaging were brilliant. But, for me, the performances themselves weren't remarkable.

Olympia is great. But that might have to do with the fact that I attended.
7th May 2007 11:58 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Olympia is great. But that might have to do with the fact that I attended.

That's what I expected to like the most. Surprisingly, I thought the stadium show was better.
7th May 2007 11:59 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That's what I expected to like the most. Surprisingly, I thought the stadium show was better.

To be honest, I never watched that stadium show.
7th May 2007 01:04 PM
voodoodrew The problem with the Four Flicks DVD is the speed at which camera angles change. On Olympia, it's to the point where it's unwatchable, even as great as much of playing is (minus Heartbreaker, which is an embarrassment).

7th May 2007 01:54 PM
gimmekeef Its gonna be so great to have yet another super dubbed version of Brown Sugar/Satisfaction etc....at least I hope they use a top notch surround sound...
7th May 2007 01:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Its gonna be so great to have yet another super dubbed version of Brown Sugar/Satisfaction etc....at least I hope they use a top notch surround sound...

6.1 or so.
7th May 2007 02:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Last time I checked Gazza said it would be out before the European tour. So will it be in this month?

well..it was Mick who said it at the press conference.

Theres nothing on the schedules to suggest it will be, however. Its called "The Biggest Bang" apparently.
7th May 2007 02:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoodrew wrote:
The problem with the Four Flicks DVD is the speed at which camera angles change. On Olympia, it's to the point where it's unwatchable, even as great as much of playing is (minus Heartbreaker, which is an embarrassment).

some serious post production cosmetic work had to be done on that show apparently, to minimise the visual shots of a certain guitarist who was, by all accounts, absolutely off his tits that evening.
7th May 2007 02:21 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

some serious post production cosmetic work had to be done on that show apparently, to minimise the visual shots of a certain guitarist who was, by all accounts, absolutely off his tits that evening.

LOL. Yep, he was, he really was.
7th May 2007 02:31 PM
LadyJane Lil jackie
Lil jackie
living in a world
of make believe
She has her imaginary friends,
lovers, people, all needing her;
but when the morning approaches
and dreams come to an end
Lil jackie is lonely again.
7th May 2007 02:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Please call a doctor, LJ has lost her mind.
7th May 2007 02:46 PM
Gazza June release, apparently for the 4-disc set, according to these posts on Shidoobee

http://p081.ezboard.com/UPDATE-ON-quotTHE-BIGGEST-BANGquot-4-DVD-SET/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=14985.topic

Thanks to charliebbwatts, Squint and jiffyspam for the various info

For those unable to access it, brief synopsis

Disc 1 - Austin (93 mins) concert plus backstage and rehaersal footage
Disc 2 - Rio
Disc 3 - Shanghai, Saitama, Buenos Aires
Disc 4 - Documentaries, including a 65 minute documentary feature "Salt of the earth" covering the whole tour, the "If It Aint Got That Swing" feature by Charlie which was on rs.com, The Rio documentary, 'Hurricane' and (presumably bonus) live performances of Get Up Stan Yp and Mr Pitiful

It has to be released soon for contractual reasons as they cant put anything out within 3 months of the Scorsese film
[Edited by Gazza]
7th May 2007 02:47 PM
stewed & Keefed Posted by jiffyspam over at SHIDOOBEE

What I know at this point
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc 1 is Austin. 93 minute running time. Backstage footage, rehearsals and setup as boni.

Disc 2 is Rio ( i know no more)

Disc 3 consists of Japan (17 mins), China (25 minutes) and Argentina (30 minutes).

Disc 4 is stricktly boni including a documentary on the whole tour.

Evidently this is being rushed because nothing Stones related can be released 3 months either side of the Scorcese movie. They want it out before.

Review of video quality I heard was 'meh' with Argentina looking like a 3rd generated VHS dub.

Sound is DTS 5.1, Dobly digital 5.1 and Stereo 2.0 on all four discs.

I can say no more.

http://p081.ezboard.com/UPDATE-ON-quotTHE-BIGGEST-BANGquot-4-DVD-SET/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=14985.topic

7th May 2007 02:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Well we don't need it then.
7th May 2007 02:59 PM
gimmekeef If its DTS 5.1 thats very good...and worth it just to strip off the audio.Cant believe they'd release poor quality vhs like video though?....Oh well...as usual just like the last 40 plus years...I'll ponie up...
7th May 2007 03:29 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Well we don't need it then.

Yeah. Release concerts from '78, '75, and '73 instead.

I'd rather have those.
7th May 2007 03:31 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Yeah. Release concerts from '78, '75, and '73 instead.

I'd rather have those.

Or '76.
7th May 2007 03:53 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Blondie ruins everything!
7th May 2007 03:54 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
7th May 2007 03:56 PM
GotToRollMe LOL...RS.com needs to make that into a $40 t-shirt!
7th May 2007 03:58 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ROTFLMFAO...IHMSDT.......TINF......S......INTGTTH......

7th May 2007 03:58 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
LOL...RS.com needs to make that into a $40 t-shirt!

7th May 2007 03:59 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

ROTFLMFAO...IHMSDT.......TINF......S......INTGTTH......

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)