ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who Cash In? Return to archive
May 17th, 2005 08:24 PM
M.O.W.A.T. And you thought Stones tickets were expensive!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Let's hope "My Generation" is making some serious money.

Legendary rock band The Who will play its only U.S. performance this year at a charity dinner where tickets are $1,500 apiece, promoters said on Tuesday.

Tables run as high as $30,000, which include a seat with an honoree, promoters said. Honorees include former basketball star Magic Johnson, New York Yankees Manager Joe Torre, golf legend Arnold Palmer, former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason, rocker
Jon Bon Jovi and former ice hockey great Wayne Gretzky.

The June 13 concert at Gotham Hall will benefit Samsung's Four Seasons of Hope, an umbrella charity that donates money to children's organizations. The charity is sponsored by Samsung Electronics America, a subsidiary of
South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co .

Benefit tickets can run as high as these prices, industry experts said, but commercial concert ticket prices rarely reach such levels.

Prices for Rolling Stones tickets this summer are running as high as $450, while tickets to the 2001
Michael Jackson tribute concerts in Madison Square Garden reached as high as $2,500.

The Who's hits include "My Generation" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" and albums "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia."

May 17th, 2005 08:26 PM
glencar Well, it is for charity.
May 17th, 2005 10:48 PM
Soldatti No comparison here.
May 18th, 2005 05:04 AM
gotdablouse Right, unlike Keith, Pete can indeed say "You can have the money, pal" and not be lying through his teeth, unless he's so much out of it that he doesn't realize what he's saying...
May 18th, 2005 05:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, it is for charity.

and you get to sit beside Jon Bon Jovi!

worth $30,000 of anyone's money!
May 18th, 2005 10:16 AM
corgi37 I'd prefer Tico Torres, Gazza.

Be worth anything to hear how such an average, small, ugly fucker got to pork Eva Herzigova!
May 18th, 2005 10:19 AM
gimmekeef When is the presale?..I just paid $500 to join Who.Com
May 18th, 2005 10:19 AM
Gazza >I'd prefer Tico Torres, Gazza.
Be worth anything to hear how such an average, small, ugly fucker got to pork Eva Herzigova!

You could always sit beside Ritchie Sambora and hear how..

oh fuck it, never mind....

I dont want to think about THAT.

[Edited by Gazza]
May 18th, 2005 10:22 AM
Joey " Right, unlike Keith, Pete can indeed say "You can have the money, pal" and not be lying through his teeth .. "

< ----- Where did you find this story ?!?!

YEAH !!!!

[Edited by Joey]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour