ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opening Acts Announced Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 17th, 2005 04:40 PM
moy Published: May 17, 2005 10:25 AM
The Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, The Tragically Hip, Pearl Jam and the John Mayer Trio are among the acts that will hold down the opening slot on The Rolling Stones (bio | music | posters & photos)' upcoming tour, which gets underway Aug. 21.

According to the Stones' official website, hip-hop act Black Eyed Peas will open the tour's two shows in Boston. Pop-rockers Maroon 5 will be on the bill in Hartford, CT, and Detroit, and will open along with Canadian rock act The Tragically Hip in Moncton, New Brunswick.

Grunge-rock holdovers Pearl Jam are scheduled to open in Pittsburgh, and singer/songwriter John Mayer will support in Philadelphia and Washington, DC.

Meanwhile, contrary to a statement issued Monday (5/16) on the Stones' website, tickets were still available at Ticketmaster.com Tuesday morning (5/17) for the group's Oct. 17 appearance in Miami. (Ticketmaster is liveDaily's parent company.) Sellouts were logged, however, in Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Calgary and Washington, DC.

Additional Stones on-sales are set for the coming weekend. A Friday (5/20) on-sale is planned for Charlottesville, VA, and Saturday (5/21) on-sales are planned in Minneapolis; Chicago; Hartford, CT; Detroit; Pittsburgh; Hershey, PA; Tampa; and San Diego.

Tickets for San Francisco and Anaheim, CA, go on sale Sunday (5/22), while tickets for shows in Philadelphia and East Rutherford, NJ, go on sale Monday (5/23). The full itinerary is below.
May 17th, 2005 06:21 PM
Jumacfly Black Eyed Peas?? don't forget your rotten tomatoes my American friends!!!
May 17th, 2005 06:38 PM
Phog You got that right Ju!! That fucking "Let's Get It Started" song wore out it's welcome about a year ago. Oh, how I hate that crap.
May 17th, 2005 08:02 PM
Soldatti Are they trying to get kids or teens on the new tour?
May 17th, 2005 08:23 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Black Eyed Peas?? don't forget your rotten tomatoes my American friends!!!

LOL Best response! Their big hit was actually "Let's Get Retarded" until they realized how insulting THAT was!
May 17th, 2005 08:35 PM
John Wood The Hip are a good Canadian band, too bad the rest of the world has missed out on them. The only band I have seen almost as much as the Stones. This is not the first time they have opened a Stones show, way to go guys!!!
May 18th, 2005 11:13 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Are they trying to get kids or teens on the new tour?

great idea... EXCEPT that teens cant afford Stones tickets

the audience that can afford Stones tickets has ZERO interest in teeny bopper MTV bands like Maroon 5, Joss Stone, Black Eyed Peas etc

get some REAL R&R BANDS to open the shows like Pearl Jam, Oasis, Black Crowes, JET, Kings Of Leon, Velvet Revolver, Ryan Adams, Audioslave ....

theres plenty of bands like those that play rock music and still have are a big enough draw to open for the Stones

the teenybopper bands just dont make ANY sense

the Stones ARE SO OUT OF TOUCH with their audience!!
May 18th, 2005 11:17 AM
egon they better shape up when they come to europe.

as you have to arrive early to be in front of the stage (no seats), you want to have something (slightly)interesting to look at while waiting for the boys.

and the black eye peas are not my idea of interesting.

then again, that singer does look kinda hot....
May 18th, 2005 11:19 AM
ResidentMule i don't know who Black Eyed Peas are. I guess I'm lucky

Black Crowes would be cool, but I go to see them every time they come to town anyway and they play twice as long as they would opening for the Stones. and there's no reason I need to see a band that sounds like the Stones opening for the Stones

I'll be happy with John Mayer... if I can get into this show with this ticketmaster bullshit
May 18th, 2005 11:22 AM
Zeeta The BEPs are seriously shit - however I'd fuck the bird in the band.

However, (Pt 2) this does not permit them to open for my favourtist band!

The King's of Leon would be awesome but The Stones don't want to be shown up!...The BEPs are going to be soooooooooooooooooooo shite that it'll make the Stones look mint!

I have foiled their plan!
May 18th, 2005 11:23 AM
The_Worst I can't stand Pearl Jam!!!

May 18th, 2005 11:23 AM
The_Worst I can't stand Pearl Jam!!!

May 18th, 2005 11:25 AM
ResidentMule I don't think I like Kings of Leon. if they were opening I'd give them another shot, but I don't see this band as anything great
May 18th, 2005 11:35 AM
BILL PERKS WHO GIVES A SHIT?THE ONLY ACTS I BOTHERED TO CATCH WAS PRETENDERS,CORRS AND LIVING COLOR..I PASSED ON FIONA APPLE,JOHNNY LANG,COUNTING CROWS,DAVE MATTHEWS, AND BLUES TRAVELLER AND I'LL BE PASSING ON JOHN MAYER THIS TIME.
May 18th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

......... AND LIVING COLOR..

" Living Color " ALWAYS had a serious problem with melody .
May 18th, 2005 11:55 AM
voodoopug Living COlour was my favorite opener! LOOK IN MY EYES>>>>>WHAT DO YA SEE!!!!
May 18th, 2005 12:28 PM
gimmekeef Black Eyed Peas will get the Timberlake Welcome!....Guess with these ticket prices there just isnt any money left for decent openers (lol).In cities where they think Stadium sell outs might be tough they'll go with ZZ Top or another bigger act.....Why not the VoodooPugs ?????
May 18th, 2005 02:15 PM
Moonisup hmm, well I'd like to see the BEP,
May 18th, 2005 02:20 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
hmm, well I'd like to see the BEP,

Chuck will probably join them on "let's get exited" and the band will specially called "Black Beard peas" for this special occasion!
May 18th, 2005 07:27 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
hmm, well I'd like to see the BEP,

A nightmare: the BEP singing Miss You with the Stones.
May 18th, 2005 09:04 PM
CraigP I wish Pearl Jam was opening for Boston!!! That would be the best night ever for me. At least I got to see them twice. But you can't always get what you want, right?
May 18th, 2005 10:04 PM
glencar That's what the Man said once...
May 19th, 2005 09:35 AM
Factory Girl Neither KOL nor Velvet Revolver nor Jet would show the Stones up. But, they would be a great opener.

Instead of John Mayer or BEP, I'd rather the Stones
gimme a t-shirt.
May 19th, 2005 10:56 AM
FPM C10
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHO GIVES A SHIT?THE ONLY ACTS I BOTHERED TO CATCH WAS PRETENDERS,CORRS AND LIVING COLOR..I PASSED ON FIONA APPLE,JOHNNY LANG,COUNTING CROWS,DAVE MATTHEWS, AND BLUES TRAVELLER AND I'LL BE PASSING ON JOHN MAYER THIS TIME.

I've seen a lot of crap bands opening for the Stones over the years, but both Johnny Lang and (perhaps more surprisingly) Fiona Apple were excellent.

I didn't expect to like Fiona at ALL but ended up being a fan. The version of Hendrix's "Angel" she did at MSG was particularly good.

Johnny had Leah Wood and Lizzie Jagger singing backups for him.

Sadly, it was NOT for "Papa Was A Rolling Stone".
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour