ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ZZ Top Double Bill? Return to archive
May 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
rodstone Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top appeared on Steve Jones' radio show yesterday here in LA. Steve asked about talk he'd heard that ZZ Top might go on the road with the Stones this fall. Billy said they had received a nice invitiation from the Stones to do some shows together, possibly starting at the end of the summer. For me, ZZ Top opening for the Stones would be a great show, particularly now that ZZ Top is moving back toward its 70s sound (harder, bluesier). Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.
May 17th, 2005 01:55 PM
Bloozehound coolers
May 17th, 2005 09:06 PM
John Wood ZZ Top did open some show during the licks tour and the 81 tour or was it 78? Anyway a great band and I would love to see them with the Stones. Billy must like Keith and Ronnie as he gave them each guitars during the last tour!
May 18th, 2005 08:04 AM
Rolling1 That would be killer, we have been a zz fan club member over 20 years. Hopfully R.S. will honor ZZ fan club members also for pre-ticket sales. This i can tell you, every ZZ tour we set no worst than 7th row dead center. plus the membership cost less than 20.00 a year. Were going to see them in columbia/st charles/tunica and possible gulfport on this tour and all less than the cost of 1 stones show, (have mercy)... fan club will give you extra vouchers if you write them with a self addressed stamped envelope. That is what you call a true true fan club. Nothing on their current schedule that would cross with stones. BUT they put on a sticky note (attached to additional vouchers) "more tour dates to be released soon!" last stop listed so far is oct 1 tucson az.
May 18th, 2005 08:14 AM
Honky Tonk Man ZZ Top opened for the Stones as early as '73.

Don't have my Bill Wyman book on hand, but I think they opened Australia or New Zeland.
May 18th, 2005 08:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
That would be killer, we have been a zz fan club member over 20 years. Hopfully R.S. will honor ZZ fan club members also for pre-ticket sales. This i can tell you, every ZZ tour we set no worst than 7th row dead center. plus the membership cost less than 20.00 a year. Were going to see them in columbia/st charles/tunica and possible gulfport on this tour and all less than the cost of 1 stones show, (have mercy)... fan club will give you extra vouchers if you write them with a self addressed stamped envelope. That is what you call a true true fan club. Nothing on their current schedule that would cross with stones. BUT they put on a sticky note (attached to additional vouchers) "more tour dates to be released soon!" last stop listed so far is oct 1 tucson az.

thats a pretty good deal

and ZZ Top would be one opening band I'd definitely get there early to see. That would indeed be a great line up!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour