ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you still keep Stones vinyl? Return to archive
May 17th, 2005 08:56 AM
Jair I have a few, like Some Girls with the censored cover, the original Sticky Fingers with the ziper, Rolled Gold, Black & Blue, Love You live, Jump Back, Steel Wheels, but i
sold most of them along all my old stuff vinyl about 15 yrs ago, as i was buying all new in CDs...
No need to say how i regret.
Those vinyl were very cool!
May 17th, 2005 09:15 AM
lotsajizz I still got 'em all on vinyl....Steel Wheels was the first of their albums I did not first have in LP format....I have some bootlegs, such as Honolulu 8/66, which I have yet to convert to disc, so I even play the phonograph once in a while....I still have many of their 45's as well.
May 17th, 2005 10:08 AM
Mel Belli I've got the Big Four, GHS, Some Girls, Tattoo You .. I'll never part with them - those album covers were meant to be Large.
May 17th, 2005 10:30 AM
charlotte yep, up to VL
May 17th, 2005 11:06 AM
LadyJane Most definitely...although they are scratched to shit.

But I do have unplayed colored vinyls...a set of 6.

I paid $350.00 for them 20 years ago.

Wonder if they have increased in value???

LJ.
May 17th, 2005 11:24 AM
CraigP I have many copies of many Stones vinyls. I saw the origional release of Some Girls with the yellow vinyl for $30 but I didn't quite have the $. Shit.
May 17th, 2005 11:29 AM
Joey

Got Tattoo You on vinyl
May 17th, 2005 11:57 AM
egon i've got aftermath, yah yah's and bleed (i think).
obviously i did not buy them when they 1st came out...
May 17th, 2005 12:00 PM
Gazza All my Stones collection was vinyl up to 1988 and all on CD afterwards

Still have all the old albums I bought but never play them as they're up in the attic.

as for bootlegs, I only own about 3-4 bootleg LPs at most of the Stones and about the same on CDs. Ive always collected tapes and then CDR's instead.
May 17th, 2005 12:59 PM
Honky Tonk Man I have some early Stones vinyl.

I have Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass), Through The Past Darkly and the Decca version of Out Of Our Heads. These are the three LP's that got me hooked on the Stones. I own all the Decca singles up 'till and including Satisfacion and also all three UK Decca EP's and a French one too.

The best hing abnout my little colection is that I only spent about £8!
May 17th, 2005 01:05 PM
Everybody s Lucifer All up to Voodoo Lounge. The last vinyl I bought was Steel Wheels. And I bought Stripped on vinyl because of the cover. Also have a pink Miss You maxi single on vinyl. And a lot of singles of course.
May 17th, 2005 01:17 PM
69 Chevy I have about 20 or so, up to about "Still Life". I made the leap to cassettes at that point(big mistake). With the exception of "Exile" most are in pretty good shape. I did unload the 8-tracks about 2 years ago.
[Edited by 69 Chevy]
May 17th, 2005 02:09 PM
Lil Brian Almost everything plus two record crates of vinyl bootlegs. We bought all we could afford when they were available for $4.99. I couldn't wait to see what was new each week.
May 17th, 2005 06:36 PM
exile I Have
Exile On main Street
Ya Ya 's
STONES (black cover red circle)

my aunty gave me her old radiogram with record player it real cool from the 50s like a massive box.

with plans to get more stones vinyl
I love my vinyl
May 17th, 2005 06:42 PM
Phog I don't remember if I have Bridges To Babylon on vinyl, but I have all the others. Lot's of 45s and bootlegs, too.
May 17th, 2005 06:43 PM
Stray Cat UK I have everything up to Steel Wheels on Vinyl
3d TSMR and about 100+ vinyl boots

I'd never part with them.

I can virtually map out the last 25 yrs of my life with Stones purchases.

Buying bootlegs blind was a buzz.
May 17th, 2005 06:54 PM
M.O.W.A.T. If you are in Ottawa for the Stones show in August, I suggest that if you are looking for vinyl Stones (and in good condition) check out the store that used to be called Spinnables (new name now will have to check for it) on Rideau St. They have all the Stones albums as well as some imports too (got a Stones K-Tel double album there called Their 30 Greatest Hits plus an Italian Stones album).
May 17th, 2005 08:09 PM
Soldatti My vinyls:
Sticky Fingers
Exile
Steel Wheels (my first album at age 6)

CD's and cassettes the rest.
May 17th, 2005 08:25 PM
glencar I have most on vinyl & yes, I too have the maxi-single of "Miss You" which is on a very flexible pink vinyl.
May 18th, 2005 02:50 AM
Stonesthrow I have all of them on vinyl up through Dirty Work, and I did get them when they came out. The albums up through Sticky Fingers were all stolen when my house was burgled back then, but I used the insurance money to replace them. I also have some German Decca albums-- Around and Around, Bravo, and Rock 'N' Rolling Stones along with LIVEr Than You'll Ever Be.
May 18th, 2005 09:01 AM
J.J.Flash I'm looking forward to have my Stones collection in LP's. Definetely, analog is the way to go.... nothing, I MEAN NOTHING CAN BEAT ANALOG. The power of the bass, it can reach tones that the improvement of the digital techonology broght with optical Compact Discs has been forgotten.

Great thread to start as I proudly am a vinyl preacher. And please....if you don't know what to do with yours, please, throw all of them in my backyard. I have many classical Alice Cooper LP's. I desperately want to have 60/70's Stones's stuff on vinyl, as well as Deep Purple, Cream and sort of it.
May 18th, 2005 09:07 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
egon wrote:
i've got aftermath, yah yah's and bleed (i think).
obviously i did not buy them when they 1st came out...

Back then........we weren't even living in our Dad's scrotum

Sacky!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour