ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock of aged: Rolling Stones tours keep fans forever young Return to archive
May 16th, 2005 06:28 PM
moy Rock of aged: Rolling Stones tours keep fans forever young

Deep within the hearts of overweight, balding baby boomers around the world burns this eternal truth: We can't be truly over the hill as long as the Rolling Stones are still touring.
And so those clogged and aging hearts skipped more than their usual number of beats on Tuesday when the Stones announced they'll begin a yearlong world tour on Aug. 21 in Boston. Another year that time, time, time is still on our side, yes it is.

Who cares if the young whippersnappers are calling this the "Rolling Bones: What a Drag It Is Getting Old" tour? The theme song is still "Start Me Up," even though for much of the audience that's more likely to conjure images of a defibrillator than a hot date.

The boomers are in heaven. It's "Wrinklemania," featuring a rock band with a combined age of 242 playing to arenas filled with gyrating grandparents. They can't get no satisfaction, but that doesn't matter anymore. And if it does, there's always mother's little helper.

At 57, Ron Wood is the baby in the band. Drummer Charlie Watts is 63. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are both 61.

Jagger, Richards and Watts have been playing together as the Rolling Stones since 1962. Wood, former lead guitarist for Rod Stewart and the Faces, joined the Stones in 1976.

Humor columnist Dave Barry once described the Rolling Stones as "basically 60-year-old men, but when you see them up close, they look, incredibly, more like 90-year-old men, except for Keith Richards, who looks like a giant iguana that has learned to walk erect and play guitar."

The hard-living Richards' wrinkles are legendary. His face resembles a dried human brain with a cigarette sticking out of its mouth. He tends to make almost anyone look young and healthy by comparison, which is another reason the boomers love him.

But nobody cares about how the Rolling Stones look anymore, or, as Barry says, about the fact that "they have ear hairs older than Britney Spears." They can still rock like 40-year-olds, and as long as they keep touring, we won't have to act our age.

May 16th, 2005 06:34 PM
Back Street Girl
May 16th, 2005 07:30 PM
5string king I could not agree with you more. Today' my B-day,38,I've loved the stones since 9 and love them even more today, gray beard and all. Now I'm going to crank up some nasty, have a few beers with riffhard then put the Olympia show on. CHEERS!
May 16th, 2005 08:06 PM
corgi37 Nice article.

I think.

Giant iguana? Ear hairs older than Britney Spears? Holy shit, that is easily the funniest statements i have heard.
May 16th, 2005 08:16 PM
Soldatti The first good article about the new tour.
May 16th, 2005 11:40 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Stones will always make me feel just like I did when I was 17, with a hot babe on the arm and a case of cold beer. I'm 40 now, and time has passed along quite fast, but when I hear those great tunes and see Jagger strut'n like a slim 20 something, and still look'n and feel good about it, it takes me right back to my sophmore year at hot JFK, the sun set'n and The Stones rock'n. That's what I've always found magical about this band, no matter how low I am or what's going on in life these days, I can put on an album, crank that fucker up and it'll take me back in time and make me feel just a little bit younger for awhile. Thank God for the Rolling Stones!
May 17th, 2005 12:22 AM
BILL PERKS I'M ABOUT TO BE 36 AND I'M JUST GLAD THEY ARE STILL HERE..THEY ARE INSPIRING TO ANYONE GETTING OLD.
May 17th, 2005 02:07 PM
Everybody s Lucifer 38 and a grey beard?
May 17th, 2005 02:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Everybody s Lucifer wrote:
38 and a grey beard?

I have a vericose vein on me left testicle ( that my girlfriend keeps locked in a box )
May 17th, 2005 02:21 PM
Everybody s Lucifer You really look good these days

May 17th, 2005 02:30 PM
Joey " You really look good these days "

<------ { WTF ?!?! }

Yeah , well " E's L. " , lets see how peppy YOU are after YOUR fifth liver ......

" Bobby questions his role at Ewing Oil, J.R's way of business does not sit well with him. Jock does not support this, and confronts J.R. During the discussion, Jock suffers a heart attack. Bobby deals with his father's illness, by joining Ray working at Southfork. Jock knows J.R is not telling him everything, and wants Bobby back to keep things on the straight and narrow at Ewing Oil, the company he started. While in the hospital, Jock finds out he needs open heart surgery. All the Ewing's are there to support the patriarch of the family. The operation goes fine, and when Jock is concious, he wonders about Bobby's role in the company. Bobby does not give his daddy the answer his father would have wishes. J.R has Ewing Oil all to himself once again, just exactly the way he wants it. "

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/episodeguide/season1.htm

Developing .................................

Shiver ....................................

|
|
|
|
V

[ Edited by B.K. ]

[Edited by Joey]
May 17th, 2005 02:43 PM
Everybody s Lucifer You can call me EL
[Edited by Everybody s Lucifer]
May 17th, 2005 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Everybody s Lucifer wrote:
You can call me EL
[Edited by Everybody s Lucifer]

They call me ....................................

THE JOEY !!!!! ™
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour