ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any mention of a stadium gig around Arizona? ......From Ian Return to archive
May 16th, 2005 06:41 AM
IanBillen
I wanted to see a stadium gig. But I am to be in Mesa, Arizona (just outside Tempe AZ) for a several month stay while going to school in Tempe, Arizona by the time the tour starts.

Only thing I see is Glendale AZ as a date but I don't think this is a stadium. What to do, what to do? Any Rumors of additional stadium gigs being added a bit later and if so where in this area.

Already seen IORR for the great job they do on tour dates both rumored and confirmed but still I see nothing pertaining to this location's area.

Any new info would be SOooo much appreciated and thank's for the read.

Ian
May 16th, 2005 08:08 AM
erikjjf I don't think there will be more shows in Arizona than the one already confirmed at Glendale Arena. The nearest stadium show would be Petco Park in San Diego.
May 16th, 2005 09:09 AM
Gazza Glendale is a suburb of (or is just outside) Phoenix. As is Tempe, I believe.

I dont think theres a chance in hell of a stadium show down there as well. Its simply not a big enough area, population wise.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 16th, 2005 12:59 PM
Dan In the end (a bit of wheeling and dealing with multiple tickets was involved) I was in the risers right next to the stage 15 rows up for slightly less than 1/4 price. The market can't support a stadium show, especially on top of an arena show.
May 17th, 2005 12:51 AM
Stonesthrow Gazza-- You are right about the locations of Glendale and Tempe and that the Glendale site is an arena, not a stadium, show. Both are independent cities in the metro Phoenix area. However, you forgot that the Stones sold out Sun Devil Stadium at A.S.U. on during the 1981 tour. I, and 80,000 of my closest friends, happened to attend that show. Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country now. That is not a boast. There are just too many people here now.

May 17th, 2005 01:41 AM
IanBillen
I see. Thanks everyone. I know where exactly where Pheonix and Tempe are on the map. There is quite a bit of population around this area but I am not sure if there is enough for a stadium show AND and arena show. A stadium show would do fine if that is all that was scheduled was but now we got that Glendale arena that pretty much may kill it.

Well I am just going to have to figure out what I am going to do about The Stones show I am to attend later on.

Ian
May 17th, 2005 03:05 AM
littleredrooster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Glendale is a suburb of (or is just outside) Phoenix. As is Tempe, I believe.

I dont think theres a chance in hell of a stadium show down there as well. Its simply not a big enough area, population wise.
[Edited by Gazza]

WRONG!!!

5th LARGEST city in the USA!!!!

Sorry!
May 17th, 2005 04:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Gazza-- You are right about the locations of Glendale and Tempe and that the Glendale site is an arena, not a stadium, show. Both are independent cities in the metro Phoenix area. However, you forgot that the Stones sold out Sun Devil Stadium at A.S.U. on during the 1981 tour. I, and 80,000 of my closest friends, happened to attend that show. Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the country now. That is not a boast. There are just too many people here now.

I didnt forget about it..lol..how could I? that opening aerial shot in 'lets spend the night together' of Sun Devil Stadium is forever etched on my brain.

what I said was I couldnt see them playing a stadium show 'as well' as an arena gig down there.

I know Phoenix is a huge city, but I meant Arizona as a whole as not being as big an area population wise as other places
[Edited by Gazza]
May 17th, 2005 03:12 PM
Dan But isnt most of that population growth from old people going there to retire? Oh, wait a minute...
May 17th, 2005 04:49 PM
Gazza is that why there's now supposed to be a 2nd Miami show on 4th February as well?

Either that, or Josh has hired the band for a private gig that day
May 17th, 2005 05:04 PM
Nellcote HA! Josh for a pvt gig, what a hoot..
Just the thought of his complaining during
the whole event is enough for me...
He'd think Keith's outfit was too Vegas
He'd bitch to Ronnie that Mick T could play better
He'd kick Chuck in the package...
I'd bet he'd even ask them to play a song again if
it sounded different than Brussels Definitive..

Now, I'd pay anything to get into that gig...

May 17th, 2005 05:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
But isnt most of that population growth from old people going there to retire? Oh, wait a minute...

You make Joey giggle .
May 18th, 2005 02:50 AM
Everybody s Lucifer
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
HA! Josh for a pvt gig, what a hoot..
Just the thought of his complaining during
the whole event is enough for me...
He'd think Keith's outfit was too Vegas
He'd bitch to Ronnie that Mick T could play better
He'd kick Chuck in the package...
I'd bet he'd even ask them to play a song again if
it sounded different than Brussels Definitive..

All good points though
May 18th, 2005 03:24 AM
IanBillen [quote]Dan wrote:
But isnt most of that population growth from old people going there to retire? Oh, wait a minute...

*The average age of the people staying or living in this area may very well be under the actual ages of all four of The Rolling Stones! ....given it is a college area.

Ian
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour