ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steven Tyler guest appearance at Fenway? Return to archive
May 16th, 2005 05:00 AM
HomerJRichards I found this on another site, dunno if it's bullshit or not.

GUEST LIST When Bruce Springsteen played Fenway a few years ago, he was joined onstage by Peter Wolf. So who might sing backup when the Rolling Stones rock the ballpark? How about Steven Tyler? Chatting before Saturday's benefit at Medford's Chevalier Theatre for the Middlesex Human Service Agency, the Aerosmith frontman said he plans to see the Stones and may end up onstage. ''Am I going to get up and sing with them? I hope so," said Tyler, sporting a skull ring a la Keith Richards.

May 16th, 2005 05:34 AM
lotsajizz not bloody likely
May 16th, 2005 06:23 AM
Phog The horror.
May 16th, 2005 06:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Would love to see the stones supported by all of Aeorsmith
May 16th, 2005 07:47 AM
justforyou That'd be cool with Steve....they could even bring back 'Walking the Dog' from retirement!
May 16th, 2005 08:09 AM
exile I dont think so......then again Axl Rose sang with the stones
May 16th, 2005 09:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
HomerJRichards wrote:
I found this on another site, dunno if it's bullshit or not.

GUEST LIST When Bruce Springsteen played Fenway a few years ago, he was joined onstage by Peter Wolf. So who might sing backup when the Rolling Stones rock the ballpark? How about Steven Tyler? Chatting before Saturday's benefit at Medford's Chevalier Theatre for the Middlesex Human Service Agency, the Aerosmith frontman said he plans to see the Stones and may end up onstage. ''Am I going to get up and sing with them? I hope so," said Tyler, sporting a skull ring a la Keith Richards.

Springsteen has guest artists onstage quite a lot. The Stones rarely do. The E-Street Band is more adept at improvising around a guest artist than the Stones are, plus I'd be amazed if someone is basically a clone of Mick would be a likely 'guest'.
May 16th, 2005 11:58 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Would love to see the stones supported by all of Aeorsmith

There's a typographical error in this post. It SHOULD read "Would love to see the Stones stomping all of Aerosmith again and again and again until the stage is awash in blood and littered with broken teeth."

Please be more careful in the future. See how a little typo changes the whole meaning of the post?

- FPM, the Spell-checking Grammar Nazi

May 16th, 2005 12:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

There's a typographical error in this post. It SHOULD read "Would love to see the Stones stomping all of Aerosmith again and again and again until the stage is awash in blood and littered with broken teeth."

Please be more careful in the future. See how a little typo changes the whole meaning of the post?

- FPM, the Spell-checking Grammar Nazi

Now it was proper to mention that my skin turned to chicken......
May 16th, 2005 12:10 PM
J.J.Flash I've seen Alice Cooper singing Start Me Up with Roger Daltry. I still have the secret impression that would be fuckin' great Mick and Alice on Start Me Up.
May 16th, 2005 02:06 PM
ResidentMule sound like a better plan than Sheryl Crow again
May 16th, 2005 02:40 PM
MrPleasant Axl Rose wasn't too bad, for a little memento ("Salt Of The Earth": Atlanta, 1989); was he?

But, Tyler...

May 16th, 2005 03:15 PM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I've seen Alice Cooper singing Start Me Up with Roger Daltry. I still have the secret impression that would be fuckin' great Mick and Alice on Start Me Up.

I swear the god, Jay...I swear the god.
May 16th, 2005 03:22 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

..."Would love to see the Stones stomping all of Aerosmith again and again and again until the stage is awash in blood and littered with broken teeth."....

And when they collect the bodies and check Tyler's I.D. (no doubt he'd still be carrying the fake I.D. he used to show at parties) Mick Jagger would yell, "Bloody hell. I've just killed my brother."
May 16th, 2005 03:37 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
plus I'd be amazed if someone is basically a clone of Mick would be a likely 'guest'.

And also Mick would never let anyone onstage with him that's going to upstage him in appearance/performance...
May 16th, 2005 07:59 PM
Soldatti
quote:
HomerJRichards wrote:
The Aerosmith frontman said he plans to see the Stones and may end up onstage. ''Am I going to get up and sing with them? I hope so," said Tyler, sporting a skull ring a la Keith Richards.

J. Timberlake was on stage with the Stones, no one will be worse.
May 16th, 2005 09:18 PM
glencar This could be so uninspiring...
May 16th, 2005 09:38 PM
CraigP Steven Tyler could never upstage Jaggermeister. Aerosmith is bubblegum pop. Tyler is a wanna-be Jagger. If he were to sing up there, I wouldn't mind. Better'n Sheryl Crow or that loser Justin Timberlake.
[Edited by CraigP]
May 17th, 2005 06:51 AM
exile
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
And also Mick would never let anyone onstage with him that's going to upstage him in appearance/performance...

That will be the day.........

...Steven Tyler is the "Poor mans Mick jagger!"

May 17th, 2005 10:40 AM
StonesChick
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You can't be serious can you? Appearance?????? Performance???????? No way

Please no aeroshit.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour