ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hersheypark/Harrisburg Return to archive
May 15th, 2005 05:45 AM
marko When this will go on sale?This is the only weekend,i could
think of coming to USA,its a weekend,and i could do some
days "in" at my new work,to make my weekend few days longer.And this show is close to two of my c-10mates.So....
May 15th, 2005 10:18 AM
FPM C10 Hershey goes on sale next Saturday, the 21st.

SS and I are both planning on going, altho SS is taking a "screw them, I'll scalp a ticket in the parking lot" approach.

I wasn't planning on going to any stadium shows but HELL it's in my backyard on a Saturday...gotta do it.

It would be great to see you, my C10 brother!
May 15th, 2005 02:14 PM
marko Seriously planning this one,IF i come there,this is it.
Been thinkin about the tix too,before the show,or next saturday?
I also checked the flights,not bad,around 530-550 euros,in
two ways.I would,again land to philly.Friday sept 30.
May 15th, 2005 10:55 PM
glencar I too am considering this despite my pledge not to go to stadium shows again. It's either this one or the one up in Hartford.
May 16th, 2005 03:51 AM
kahoosier Glencar, its the fever! I swore never another stadium, nothing smaller than an arena. Bought a Miami hot seat for an aren.a Damned if I don't have a reservation for Anaheim Stadium now also LOL!

All bets and promises are off.
May 16th, 2005 09:24 AM
cooper Wow...anyone going to this show will have a blast, if i had to bet other than a club gig this will be one of the smallest venues the band will play.

I saw Sabbath and Van Halen here and they were great!
May 16th, 2005 03:28 PM
ziggypayne At 30,000 (full stadium), I wouldn't call the Hershey show the smallest venue by far. It holds more folks than many of the arena's they are hitting.
May 16th, 2005 04:02 PM
gimmekeef Is this a good venue as far as stadiums is concerned?.Not sure I've heard of it before....
May 16th, 2005 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Is this a good venue as far as stadiums is concerned?.Not sure I've heard of it before....

I believe THE WHO played there in 2002 ......

In fact , I believe both Fleabit AND the S.S. were in attendance that evening .

Word !

www.thewholive.de/2002

Sputz ! ™

[Edited by Joey]
May 16th, 2005 04:51 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

I believe THE WHO played there in 2002 ......

In fact , I believe both Fleabit AND the S.S. were in attendance that evening .

Word !

Sputz ! ™

Word indeed. SS and I WERE there for the 'Oo. Great show. Petey said the "F" word!

In answer to the earlier question, I have always hated Hershey stadium unless I was right in front, as I was for Bob Dylan in 1994. Seats are uncomfortable and security is usually nazified way past any need for it.

Of course I've never seen a HUGE show like the Stones will probably have. I'm sure it'll be okay. I'm just sorta pissed that they're coming here, to tell you the truth - somehow, going far far away from here has always been a prerequisite to a good Stones show.

The big Ted Nugent/Toby Keith double header is really more what this area deserves.
May 16th, 2005 09:14 PM
glencar
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
Glencar, its the fever! I swore never another stadium, nothing smaller than an arena. Bought a Miami hot seat for an aren.a Damned if I don't have a reservation for Anaheim Stadium now also LOL!

All bets and promises are off.

Kahoosier, that fever gets us every time! Even if one is angry at certain things the band does, you still get pulled in. The CT show is an hour's drive closer & Keith seems to really be up for the shows in his home state so that's more likely at this point. I just have to promise myself that it's the only stadium show this time around. Within the USA, I mean...
May 16th, 2005 10:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Marko...YOU CRAZY BASTARD!

If you can make it here, you have a place to stay.

Flea...I gotta buy ahead due to the fact that I'm taking the family. Gotta get 3 together off the floor.

Hey...last friday was pretty fun yeah?
May 17th, 2005 02:30 AM
marko YEAH,only a weekend meeting,but thats better than nothing
at all!But tell me,how should i get my tix,outside,or,
next saturday?Its a small stadium,so i think chances are
worse to get it outside?Flights are cheap........and i MUST buy a minidisk recorder.
May 17th, 2005 10:17 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Marko...YOU CRAZY BASTARD!

If you can make it here, you have a place to stay.

Flea...I gotta buy ahead due to the fact that I'm taking the family. Gotta get 3 together off the floor.

Hey...last friday was pretty fun yeah?

Yes, Marko has his choice of places to stay. I can't offer to pick you up at the airport, though. I've never been there and don't know my way around Philly at all. But you certainly are welcome to stay at my house too.

SS - so you're getting them this Saturday? What price range are you looking at? I'm going as cheap as possible on this one because I wasn't even planning on going to a stadium show. I'm hoping I can take my son, though.

Yeah, Friday was BIG fun. I was a lot more than that, but that's one of the key things that makes the Dolls one of the greatest rock & roll bands in history - they're FUN. Beautiful, ugly, ridiculous, serious, sublime, comedic with a big streak of tragedy, and definitely fun.
May 17th, 2005 03:36 PM
marko Your house too?,,,,well,thats ok,but my time over there is
very short,which i don´t like,,,,,,,
May 17th, 2005 08:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Marko, what Flea means is that his house is open to you too. You can stay at either place...whatever you want. You don't have to worry about a place to stay.

I'll gladly pick you up at the airport. I'd invite Flea to ride along, but I don't know that he'd ride with me again in Philly traffic. LOL!

Flea...is Sat. a pre-sale or a regular sale? I'm not joining the gouge club...errrr...I mean fan club. I'd settle for where we were for The Who though. I can't take my kid down on the floor...he wouldn't see a thing. Honestly, I haven't even looked at what the prices are.
May 17th, 2005 08:55 PM
FPM C10 Saturday is the date for the general public. The fan club bullshit starts tomorrow, I believe. I'll pony up for THAT crap if and when the Beacon goes on sale. Speaking of the Beacon...did I ever tell you the story about meeting Kei...

...Wh-wh-wh-wha-a-a-at? I DID?
May 17th, 2005 09:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I just looked at the prices for Hershey...$350.00-$175.00-$60.00.

Flea...I wonder where the $60.00 tix are? They'll be gone in like 2 minutes. If I can't get 3 $60.00 tix, I ain't going. Or I'll just leave the family at home and scalp one in the lot. I'm not paying $175.00 to sit in a stadium and watch a jumbotron.
May 18th, 2005 02:13 AM
marko What do i get for 175?I can settle with this one.
I need my own blimb,so i don´t need to book flights.
May 18th, 2005 05:24 AM
ziggypayne There's a $99 range in there as well.

Anyone hear any word on who's opening yet? The missus and I are hoping Pearl Jam does Hershey as well as Pittsburgh.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour