ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
NFA
Photo sessions with DJ Jimmy and His Rolls Royce - July, 1964
© 1964 © NFA [Not Fade Aeay]
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ THE A/V ROOM ] [ THE ART GALLERY ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ BERNARD FOWLER ] [ LISA FISCHER ] [ DARRYL JONES ] [ BOBBY KEYS ] [ JAMES PHELGE ] [ CHUCK LEAVELL ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ MAGAZINE COVERS ] [ MUSIC COVERS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ BOOTLEGS ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
[ CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE ] [ RESTROOMS ]
NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Problem With The Stones Is... Return to archive
May 13th, 2005 12:51 PM
Voodoo Scrounge They have pissed on everybody who has pissed them off. Take for example the British Media. The Stones dont really give a fuck if they like them or they dont. However, if you were talking about the US media then it would be a different matter.
The stones new stuff doesnt get any airplay over here. Even the old classics are rarely heard. In comparison to other classics bands such as the Beatles and Clapton, they dont get any airplay.
I think that is a revenge thing. The Stones left Britain for tax exile a long time ago and the British media (and a lot of the British public) thought that they were turning their backs on their homeland. So they stopped playing their stuff.
They dont gig over here as much as they do the Americas and I understand that the Americas are a bigger area to cover.
It will happen again. The stones will release their new album, the radio stations over here wont want to play it, the stones wont give a shit, the fans will be hard done by and a good record wont get the credit it deserves.
By the way, I dont think the line "Fucking up my life" will feature in the new song. They will probably sing "Messing up my life" or something like that>
May 13th, 2005 12:55 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
By the way, I dont think the line "Fucking up my life" will feature in the new song. They will probably sing "Messing up my life" or something like that

Do you think that the Ed Sullivan Show era has returned? You know what I mean "Let's spend sometime together"
May 13th, 2005 01:06 PM
billy The same old blues. I think the Stones are nostalgia and they really don't matter anymore in contemporary music. But I still hope they will make ONE good last record. That will be their revenge. And we all will be happy.
May 13th, 2005 01:17 PM
J.J.Flash Well.....I love Classic Rock radio stations.....I use to listen tons of them over the internet through streaming. Well, there are many fantastic stations from UK I use to listen, they are outstanding classic radios.

I bloody hope you are wrong about them changing the "fuckin' up my life" thing. This could mean the end for me, the most outrageous act of this Stones pop shit side.

This atittude and behavior, "I don't give a fuck" the lack of it is exactly what they lately need.

Anyway, "Sparks will fly when I finally get myself back on you baby"...."I wanna f*** your sweet a**"
May 13th, 2005 03:38 PM
CraigP Fuck yeah. I want more sucks and fucks and shits and whores and cunts and sluts. etc, etc....
May 13th, 2005 03:53 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Do you think that the Ed Sullivan Show era has returned? You know what I mean "Let's spend sometime together"

worse--the Shrub administration and all the mental midgetry that goes along with it
May 13th, 2005 04:18 PM
voodoopug This post sickens me. HOw can anyone not see that the things you complain about are what make the stones "THE STONES" If we wanted them to be just like the Beatles, we would be clamouring for them to be more like Oasis.....Give me a break!
May 13th, 2005 07:27 PM
Soldatti The Stones and Mick had good airplay in UK with Don't Stop, Sympathy For The Devil (remix) and Old Habits Die Hard. The three tracks were Top 40 hits in the Airplay chart there.
May 14th, 2005 08:35 AM
Bitch Why should they change the "fucking up my life" lyrics? Have you listened to alot of the Rap shit? Every other word is cursing. They bleep it out on the radio. And what about Starfucker, & in Sparks will Fly "I wrote that fucking book"!
May 14th, 2005 08:45 AM
corgi37 I think everyone has a valid point on this thread.

I think that, because i am happily stoned and my ex-girlfriend want me to "fix her up".

Happy days all round!
May 16th, 2005 02:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Old Habits and Dont stop didnt sell very well over here. Therefore radio stations didnt play it very much at all. I have the radio on all day at work and I have only ever heard Old habits twice and Dont stop once.
With regards to sympathy. That only got airplay and sold because Fatboy slim remixed it. At the end of the day, fatboy slim could have remixed Ba Ba Blacksheep and had it played on radio.
The UK singles market is not as big as the album chart. The average age of people who buy more singles than albums is 15. And lets face it, not many 15 year olds listen to the stones.
The stones will do well to get a top 40 single in the uk chart fromthis new album
May 16th, 2005 03:58 AM
gypsymofo60 Well I've said it before and I will reiterate; The British media wouldn't know talent or real royalty if it jumpred up and shoved itself up their arseholes. Sorry Gazza! It's a fact like it or not. Even if I do live in Australia.
May 17th, 2005 12:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man I beg to differ.

Stones classics are often played on stations such as XFM in London. Yesterday they played Get Off Of My Cload. A couple of night clubs I go to also regulary play trheir music.

I garantee you that ANY future Stones singles will get good air play on UK stations like BBC Radio 2.

BTW, I DO NOT listen to Radio 2!!
May 17th, 2005 01:41 PM
keith_tif if there is a country that like STONES it's France!
They are very popular, here as many as the Beatles and since the beginning!
Mick lives in France, jerry hall has got a house,
Charlie, Bill had got maybe still have a house near Nice.Keith a house in the seventies in Villefrance an appartment in Paris in eighties
They recorded many album in France: Exile in Villefrance in Keith's house, Tatoo you and others in Suresnes near Paris.
I don't understand british people's behaviour! They have the greatest R&R band in the world!
May 17th, 2005 02:11 PM
Jair The problem with the Stones is they think in money ONLY.

They dont know make good stuff anymore, because they
don't are having fun.

To Mick, make a new album is more an obligation, like pay taxes.

Also, I think they cant' stand each other any longer.

And, a rock & roll band should be fun, for example, like those two Travelling Wilburys great records.

[Edited by Jair]
May 17th, 2005 05:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jair wrote:
The problem with the Stones is they think in money ONLY.

They dont know make good stuff anymore, because they
don't are having fun.

To Mick, make a new album is more an obligation, like pay taxes.

Also, I think they cant' stand each other any longer.

And, a rock & roll band should be fun, for example, like those two Travelling Wilburys great records.

[Edited by Jair]

Once Proud Bizzaro act so humble
May 17th, 2005 06:10 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! What a ridiculas statement that they don't like each other anymore. Even in the 80's when things were all fucked up they NEVER disliked one another. Yes, they may have not liked the direction and additude that one another had, but I don't believe for a minute that they didn't like each other, and I certainly don't believe it now. It's obivious from their interaction on and off stage that they are still very fond of each other. These guys have been friends for practically their entire lives, so I sure don't know where you get this rubbish from.
May 17th, 2005 06:24 PM
Stray Cat UK I've decided to stop blindly defending the Stones from now on.

I now feel foolish about arguing their case over the 1998 tax cancellation.

"it's not as if it's affecting the whole country,only 200,000 or so people " - MJ 1998.

THEY PULLED THE ENTIRE UK TOUR ! I had tickets to every one and I still defended them.............why?

Ticket prices are pure greed . I don't buy the argument about market forces.

If they were charging the going rate for gigs by top acts,but it seems to be double U2 ,MACCA ,THE BOSS etc.

The only light on the horizon is the impressive,guitar driven performance at the PC.

I hope we see less of the Vegas act this time around.

I will of course,burn in hell for making these observations and I'll probably be sat in the front rows at Wembley every night at ebay prices.

"you can have the money pal"
May 17th, 2005 07:59 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
"you can have the money pal"

A hypocrite comment.
May 18th, 2005 03:36 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

A hypocrite comment.

Why?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour