ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the hell is going on with Sam Goody again?!?!?!?!? Return to archive
05-15-02 10:20 AM
Ephrata Stone They say tickets for the First Union Center go on presale today at 10:00 am...it's 10:20 am now and still no pre sale...what the hell is going on??? I'm sitting here "refreshing" my life away!!! I'm wasting another day's work because of this.....am I missing something, or are others having the same problem??????
05-15-02 10:26 AM
nankerphelge keep trying - it took a few minutes for the TM click thru to come up -- but it did.

Yeah buddy - goin to Philly
05-16-02 12:19 AM
Bluzian Hi,

Um.. yeah, the inconvenience and problems you were referring
to, totally corroborate what I was saying about getting a
life (in general) as opposed to being controlled by
Rolling Stones Inc.

Once you realize that your life is more important than
fuelling Mick Jagger's self-indulgent lifestyle, then you
will be so happy.

Again, I really don't think this whole SamGoody bullshit
is worth it. Obviuosly, the ticketing agencies are only
interested in their own profits, and do not give a rat's
ass about their employers aka you and me!!

I'm sorry that you missed a day of pay. Been there. Done that.
And it's not worth it. Life is more important than a Stones
concert. (as much as I love them)

Cheers and good luck on the tickets!
Ian
05-16-02 06:40 AM
nanky Why are you such a stick in the mud.
Dude didn't threaten to jump off a building -- he was just frustrated with Sam Goody. Take your couch and psychiatrist attitude somewhere else Sigmund
05-16-02 09:46 AM
~AzQb

it seems to me you are "counselling" YERself here, buddy...talking to yerself to keep YERself psychiatrically "balanced" (for what it's worth...!)

Not knowing you in person, of course i'm chastened here to say it, but i think instead of posting on the boards you should start a jouranl ; )

~love
A
05-16-02 09:51 AM
~AzQb

Oh and...what i meant, of course, was that this whole "conversation" be directed at Ian, for it is Ian's mental health we are all concerned about here ; )

...and, in keeping with the seriousness of his manifested disease{chuickle} i also point out that "journal" wasn't spelled correctly in the last sentence

LOL

~~~

p/s seriously Ian, there are all kinds of cool journals @Barnes&Noble, and once you find you can get all yer mental angst out on paper, what a relief it will be ; )
God bless ya!

05-16-02 11:12 AM
Ephrata Stone I eventually got in and got my tix around 10:30...not as close to the stage as I hoped. However, they may be close to the B stage, so that would be cool!

Actually, I do have a life, that's why I went the presale route to begin with. Why bother with the public stampede on a Saturday morning when I have other things to do...a presale offers you the chance (for a fee) to get good seats with "hopefully" no hassle. I was willing to pay the fee to try and beat the rush, as were many other people. Don't think anyone should be criticized for making that choice. As for "fuelling Mick Jagger's self-indulgent lifestyle", I think the ticket prices are very reasonable. I really don't feel like I've been taken.
05-16-02 11:23 AM
nankerphelge You go Eph -- you feel free to self indulge yourself regardless of anyone else's take on this whole thang. Christ, if you can't obsess about the Stones, what can you obsess about??

See ya in Philly -- I'll be the drunk guy with cheese steaks all over me wearing a pair of Stones sneakers -- Converse All Stars, that is!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.