ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Things the Stones could learn from others Return to archive
05-14-02 05:38 PM
TT Yes,

they could do:

2 Examples:

1. Just saw Dylan 2 times in one week. The changes in the setlist and the different arrangements of certain songs are things the Stones must do, too. Not only 2 songs from day to day, why not changing 50%? That�s how an artist keeps his fun and surprises the fans.

2. And the WHO (yeah, they ARE great) have the harder/louder guitar sound (MSG benefit showed it). So crank up and fuzz up Keith�s and Ronnie�s volume.

And what the most amazing part is: Dylan and Townshend don�t give a fuck what the people think about mistakes. They just PLAY.
05-14-02 05:48 PM
sandrew I wouldn't say Keith and Ronnie are concerned about making mistakes - they make a lot of them, they're genuine, no one cares. They definitely can't be called "slick" guitar players...
05-14-02 06:01 PM
Joey "And the WHO (yeah, they ARE great) have the harder/louder guitar sound (MSG benefit showed it). So crank up and fuzz up Keith�s and Ronnie�s volume "

Amen , then again , Pete Townshend plays guitar nowadays the way Jimi Hendrix used to back in the ' 60's .

Yes !!!!!!

05-14-02 09:01 PM
CousinCocaine When you look back to the 70's - these days they do a lot of setlist changing. It could be even more but they have done more and more of this since the last tour.

But you're right about the arrangements. I'm really bored with their arrangements of most of their "Biggies".This is something they really should change. F.e. "Sympathy" is dreadful these days. Listen to the YaYa's version! A lot of songs need new/ or different clothes !
CC
05-14-02 09:27 PM
FPM C10
quote:
CousinCocaine wrote:
F.e. "Sympathy" is dreadful these days. Listen to the YaYa's version! CC

Or better YET - listen to the version they did on the Rock & Roll Circus!! I just watched that again recently - with Rocky Dijon and Brian on percussion, it sounded EVIL, like the studio version. It needs pared down, and packed with REAL percussion, not the casio crap they've been using. And NO HORNS!

Given that gripe session - it's STILL Mick Jagger singing his greatest set of lyrics, no matter HOW they play it. And that ain't chopped liver.
05-14-02 11:29 PM
KeepRigid Need I remind everyone the name of this current tour (with some minor changes, as per my lawyer's counsel)?

"THE ROLLING STONES AND FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE"
05-15-02 12:14 AM
gypsy Jeez! The Stones are finally going to tour, and all you guys can do is complain!
05-15-02 09:43 AM
Joey Amen My Queen.........

Why they complain , who really knows ??????

Sometimes I feel like it is just you and me against the world -- the only two who really " get " it . May the gods of Aragon bless you this month .

Clubby Bear

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.