ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why only 1 MSG show when the Who=4 Return to archive
05-14-02 01:38 PM
jb The Who have been washed up for 25 yrs yet New York supports 4 shows at MSG and only 1 for the Stones? That f cked up!
05-14-02 02:16 PM
Joey 'The Who have been washed up for 25 yrs yet New York supports 4 shows at MSG and only 1 for the Stones? That f cked up! '

Obviously you did not see the Who's performance at MSG last October ..................the Who are back in a big way with Zak Starkey behind the kit .

Moonie lives ..............YES !!!!!!

P.S. My sources tell me that all four WHO shows are nearly sold out . Amazing !!!!!!!!!!! Still , Maxy refuses to buy a ticket -- Explain .

Developing.....

Shiver.....

Clubby Bear

05-14-02 02:20 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Oh NYC will end up with more shows. Consider that they already are doing a stadium show(equal to almost 3 MSG shows), an MSG show, and a club show....in Sept. Then there will be more shows in Jan. I'm hearing 2 at MSG and 2 at the Apollo....The total number of people who will see the Stones, and the total number of shows will far outstrip the Who, and their 4 shows.

It's just not all at one shot with the Stones....they are spreading the joy out for us. Giving us more to look forward to!
05-14-02 02:32 PM
Maxlugar The bigger question is why The Who still have any fans at all after fooling them into countless "Last Tours".

Are Who fans retarded? Does Joey have an extra Chromosome? THESE are the things that need explanation!

I bet it was Who fans who bought all those Dot Com shares in the 90's.

All by a group who as not created anything new in 20 years.

"I hate The Who, Ronnie!"
05-14-02 02:47 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I don't think Who fans are retarded at all....Joey may be retarded, but not because he's a Who fan....He's from Nebraska. All that in-breeding has dumbed down the gene pool out there.

I like the Who well enough to spend $50.00 on a ticket. Actually, I'm using that show as a milk run for my mini disc recorder.

How do you know if someone is from Nebraska?

They let their 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table.....in front of her kids.

Did you hear about the new form of birth control they have in Nebraska?

They outlawed family reunions.

What has 8 teeth and 14 legs?

The line at the funnel cake stand at the Nebraska State Fair!
05-14-02 02:59 PM
Scot Rocks The bigger question is why The Who still have any fans at all after fooling them into countless "Last Tours".

WHY - simply because they rock and nobody cares if it will be the last tour or not because it is not every day you get a chance to see the 2nd best R&R Band in the world.

Are Who fans retarded? Does Joey have an extra Chromosome? THESE are the things that need explanation!

I bet it was Who fans who bought all those Dot Com shares in the 90's.

All by a group who as not created anything new in 20 years.

Well the above statements don't apply to me as I have not seen the Who yet as I only became a Who fan about 2 years ago and they haven't done any gigs near me in that time, however Maxy I would say the Who were more like a Bluechip company than a dot com as you know that they will always produce the goods!!!!!!!!!
05-14-02 03:36 PM
Joey 'How do you know if someone is from Nebraska?

They let their 12 year old daughter smoke at the dinner table.....in front of her kids.

Did you hear about the new form of birth control they have in Nebraska?

They outlawed family reunions.

What has 8 teeth and 14 legs?

The line at the funnel cake stand at the Nebraska State Fair! '

XIMY ,You make Joey giggle !!!!!!

Club Joey

Clubby Bear -- He only sees the Stones in Clubs .

05-14-02 05:21 PM
MRD8 Maxy,
We've known each other here on the boards for a LONG time! I gotta tell you that The Who are putting on shows the last couple of years that are truly phenominal...pulling out lots of old, rare stuff from the archives...and presenting it in shows that often run close to three hours! Ever since Pete went back to playing all electric, and Zak sold his soul to the devil the band has made THE biggest comeback I've ever seen for a group who looked to be washed up ten years ago! I think the fact they haven't recorded anything new in twenty years but still draw mega crowds points to a fact that most of us know too well...most of the fans who go to Stones shows could care less about anything they've recorded in the last twenty plus years! 99.9% of the fans at any Stones show I ever went to(and I've been going to them since 1965) come to hear the "Hot Rocks" hits they hear on the radio all the time! When I saw them in Ft. Lauderdale on the No Security tour most of the crowd were yawning when they played Moonlight Mile while we were going crazy! ))
05-14-02 05:26 PM
Joey "Ever since Pete went back to playing all electric, and Zak sold his soul to the devil the band has made THE biggest comeback I've ever seen for a group who looked to be washed up ten years ago! I think the fact they haven't recorded anything new in twenty years but still draw mega crowds points to a fact that most of us know too well...most of the fans who go to Stones shows could care less about anything they've recorded in the last twenty plus years! "

Truer words have never been spoken .

Bob , all Maxy has to do is purchase " The WHO Live at Royal Albert Hall " and he will eat his words with glee .

Club " Clubby Bear " Joey

05-14-02 06:32 PM
lotsajizz Zak is the reincarnation of Moon!! He has given a mighty kick in the arse to Pete and they have been on fire since '96 now!! Maybe not the Stones, but still the 2nd best R&R band!
05-14-02 07:02 PM
MRD8 They actually seemed a little restrained on the RAH benefit DVD...I'll have him check out a proshot screen feed from Detroit on 6-27-2000...one of THE best live concert video's I've seen in years!
05-14-02 09:25 PM
StonesJuno I have always been amazed at Pete's musical compositions. His Rock Operas would leave me stunned with his genius. I would think, how can you take that particular tone with that particular note and abruptly turn it this way and that, and make it seem so effortless and flowing? How is it possible that with the bass line here, and the drum beat there, with guitar chords wailing all over, could any band masterfully blend it all into such an amazingly perfect crescendo of sound?

I've only seen them once, a year or so ago, center seat, 11th row, and to date it stands as one of the best shows (and I've seen a few up close and personal) that I have yet to attend. No glitz, no glam, no stage effects, just wonderful music!

For me that was the farewell Who concert, because I plan never to see them again. Strange, perhaps...but I dare not attempt to duplicate such a perfect concert as that one turned out to be for me.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.