ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith is given the OK to fly - from IORR forum Return to archive
16th May 2006 02:53 AM
FotiniD Post as follows:

--------------------------------------------------
Keith Richards was yesterday given the all-clear by doctors to fly home from New Zealand following brain surgery.

The Rolling Stone looked relaxed as he left hospital in Auckland after a final check to make sure he can travel safely today to Europe.

Surgeons had drilled into his skull last week to remove a blood clot caused by a fall from a coconut tree in Fiji.

Richards, 62, will now continue preparations for the delayed European leg of the band's tour.
--------------------------------------------------

Doesn't refer the source though.
16th May 2006 02:58 AM
jb Good sign!!!! I am very happy despite being up all night and watching a slow drip from my family room roof....
16th May 2006 03:00 AM
Altamont
quote:
jb wrote:
Good sign!!!! I am very happy despite being up all night and watching a slow drip from my family room roof....

Why is Joey on your roof?
16th May 2006 03:12 AM
jb
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Why is Joey on your roof?

I may need a polyethylene tarp................Joey is omnipotent.
16th May 2006 03:16 AM
Altamont
quote:
jb wrote:

I may need a polyethylene tarp................Joey is omnipotent.

Joey is a master! He has crushed many sewage systems with his scat-tastic ways.
16th May 2006 04:45 AM
Gazza Great news (the Keith bit, not the roof/Joey bit)

I had a feeling signs were good when last night I checked availability for later this week at that place Keith was staying and found that (for the right price, some NZ$4,500 per night) I could reserve the entire house!! I Figured "he must be checking out soon!"

Now if we can just get Mr Wood sorted out
16th May 2006 04:50 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I had a feeling signs were good when last night I checked availability for later this week at that place Keith was staying and found that (for the right price, some NZ$4,500 per night) I could reserve the entire house!! I Figured "he must be checking out soon!"

Nice professional spying there Gary

quote:
Gazza wrote:
Now if we can just get Mr Wood sorted out

If Keith really reduces / quits his drinking / smoking like suggested, after this episode, then perhaps we should consider throwing Woody off a palm tree...

Seriously, I do hope he pulls his act together somehow

16th May 2006 04:51 AM
Gazza source of the story is the Daily Record in Scotland :

KEEF GETS THE OK TO FLY HOME
ROCKER Keith Richards was yesterday given the all-clear by doctors to fly home from New Zealand following brain surgery.

The Rolling Stone looked relaxed as he left hospital in Auckland after a final check to make sure he can travel safely today to Europe.

Surgeons had drilled into his skull last week to remove a blood clot caused by a fall from a coconut tree in Fiji.

Richards, 62, will now continue preparations for the delayed European leg of the band's tour.

Yesterday Jo Wood, the wife of Stones guitarist Ronnie, said: "Yes, he had an accident but Keith's as strong as an ox, really he is. He'll bounce back. Keith always does.

"He's fine and the tour will continue - it just might have to restart a bit behind schedule."

Richards suffered concussion after the fall, which happened on holiday in Fiji during a break in the Stones' world tour.

He later suffered a blackout while on a jetski and was transferred to the hospital in Auckland after complaining of headaches.

Richards checked out on Thursday - just three days after surgery. A hospital source said: "Everyone seems happy with the way things have gone for him."

The guitarist's wife Patti and his children Marlon, 36, Angela, 34, Theodora, 21, and 19-year-old Alexandra had flown to be with him.

A spokesman said his op has been a "complete success" and Richards had thanked the "beautiful ladies" who had nursed him back to health.

An announcement about the rescheduled tour dates is expected soon.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17083223&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=keef-gets-the-ok-to-fly-home--name_page.html

[Edited by Gazza]
16th May 2006 04:53 AM
Gazza and from their sister paper, the Daily Mirror's online edition :

GOOD KEEF!
Brain op rocker Richards looks better than ever
By Cameron Robertson
KEITH Richards has been given the all-clear by doctors following brain surgery.

The Rolling Stone, 62, wearing a cap to cover his bandaged head, looked healthier than usual as he left hospital with wife Patti, 50, yesterday.

His son Marlon, 36, confirmed the rock legend was out of danger, saying: "Yes, it seems that way but I can't say anymore." Speaking in Britain, bandmate Ronnie Wood's wife Jo added: "He's as strong as an ox. He'll bounce back, Keith always does."

The news means Keef could join the others on tour in Europe in June. Before leaving hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, doctors checked his skull - drilled to remove a life-threatening blood clot - could cope with the changes in cabin pressure on the flight home.

Keef was injured after falling 15ft out of a palm tree while scavenging for coconuts on holiday in Fiji.

[email protected]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz/tm_objectid=17083518&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=good-keef---name_page.html
16th May 2006 04:55 AM
Gazza

thanks to sssoul for managing to upload the pic from "The Sun" of Keith taken yesterday coming out of hospital.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th May 2006 04:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
If Keith really reduces / quits his drinking / smoking like suggested, after this episode, then perhaps we should consider throwing Woody off a palm tree...

Fotini - I'm off to Italy on holiday this weekend. I've just realised that the name of my hotel translates as "The Palms" and is named due to the proximity of the trees surrounding it.

Should I be worried???
[Edited by Gazza]
16th May 2006 05:00 AM
speedfreakjive despite having major surgery, he still gets eye-shadow applied; how rock 'n' roll!
16th May 2006 05:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fotini - I'm off to Italy on holiday this weekend. I've just realised that the name of my hotel translates as "The Palms" and is named due to the proximity of the trees surrounding it.

Should I be worried???

Oh my God! Stay clear off the palm trees Gazza
16th May 2006 05:56 AM
Jeep Close up pictures from Daily Mail today edition :

16th May 2006 06:05 AM
Jeep And the Daily Express of today also :

16th May 2006 06:14 AM
FotiniD Thanks a lot Jeep, once again!

There are lot of pictures of Keith leaving the hospital (when he was discharged) on Getty Images as well!

Click the link: http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7ckeith+richards%7c1125084063323127%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=1

And if it doesn't work (looks a little funny ) use this: www.gettyimages.com, go to Editorial and search for Keith Richards.
[Edited by FotiniD]
16th May 2006 06:39 AM
Gazza to the rest of the non-believers outside our 'world', he probably looks 'gaunt' or like shit, but as far as I'm concerned he looks fuckin' great

Great photos
16th May 2006 06:54 AM
LadyJane What wonderful news.

GO KEEF!!!!!!!!

LJ.
16th May 2006 07:01 AM
PartyDoll MEG One word: Yippeee!!

Thanks for the good morning wake-up, better than coffee.
And Gazza stay clear of the Palm trees!
16th May 2006 08:05 AM
sssoul >> as far as I'm concerned he looks fuckin' great <<

~*YEAH!*~
go baby go :E

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way
16th May 2006 08:36 AM
Some Guy if he had brain damage how would we know?
16th May 2006 08:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
if he had brain damage how would we know?

if he can play the intro of Brown Sugar correctly!!
16th May 2006 11:17 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

if he can play the intro of Brown Sugar correctly!!

sadly, he hasnt been able to nail that intro too often on BS since about mid-way thru the Licks Tour
16th May 2006 11:26 AM
GotToRollMe GREAT NEWS!

Thanks for the great articles and photos, guys.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
16th May 2006 12:18 PM
Saint Sway The eyleiner article is embarrassing. I'm fine with the fact that keith still wants to wear eyeliner onstage, but no need to wear any to doctor's office. It looks silly.

Keith looks so cool just bc he's well - KEITH!!! The makeup is dopey. Keith's look is so torn & frayed and rock & roll. Theres no need for eyeliner.
16th May 2006 12:56 PM
gimmekeef As long as he's "lookin"..I'm very happy....Glad your outta harms way Captain Eyeliner!
16th May 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti Good news and great pics too. He looks fine.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)