ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jo Wood: 'KEITH IS FINE' Return to archive
15th May 2006 09:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WOOD: 'KEITH IS FINE'

LATEST: RONNIE WOOD's wife JO is reassuring fans that the ROLLING STONES' A Bigger Bang world tour will continue, despite KEITH RICHARDS' brain surgery last week (08MAY06). The 51-year-old former model insists Richards, who fell from a coconut tree in Fiji last month (APR06), is "strong as an ox". She says, "He's fine. Every time I pick up a newspaper I read something about him that just isn't true, like he's got brain damage and stuff. "Yes, he's had an accident but Keith's strong as an ox. He'll bounce back, Keith always does. "He's fine and the tour will continue - it just might have to restart a bit behind schedule, that's all."
15/05/2006 21:12

15th May 2006 09:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels JO WOOD: 'MY HEARTBREAK'
Movie & Entertainment News 2006-05-15 18:35:50 -

RONNIE WOOD's wife JO is devastated by the ROLLING STONES star's drinking problem, and has had to attend counselling sessions to ease the strain.

The 51-year-old ex-model now refuses to get involved when the guitar hero hits the bottle, as she
has realised there is nothing she can do about it.
But she doubts the START ME UP rocker will ever overcome his alcoholism.

She says, "Ronnie knows he's got a problem. He feels really bad about it.
"When he goes on one of his vodka benders, I just take a back seat. I think he'd rather I didn't go on at him about it.
"I used to get at him but now he is happier that I don't. That doesn't make him drink less but I can't spend my life feeling responsible.

"The children have witnessed it. His behaviour changes and he becomes irrational and that's hard for everyone.
"I used to get very upset, but I've been to counselling and I now understand that there's nothing I can do about it."

Entertainment News by: www.pr-inside.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sun 14 May 2006
Jo, who turned to organic products 14 years ago, has also converted her rock-star husband.

JO WOOD is sitting in her conservatory in Richmond, south London. The wife of Rolling Stones guitarist and all-round rock god Ronnie is taking a well-deserved break from accompanying the band on tour. Having spent the past four months zipping round Canada, North and South America, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, the couple have returned to find their garden full of home-grown vegetables. "I went down to pick some lettuce and tomatoes this morning, and pull out some onions to make a salad, and I swear I could feel my body tingling, just thinking about the goodness that is in them," says Wood. "It's great coming home - I really notice the difference when I can't get organic food. I feel less energetic - my body hates it."

If this sounds surprising coming from someone who has famously spent years pursuing a hedonistic lifestyle (she gave up a modelling career at the age of 22 to devote herself to being a full-time mother and rock chick), it has become second nature for Wood, who has used only organic produce since she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease 14 years ago. "I was on steroids for nearly two years, and it felt just awful," says the 51-year-old. "The newspapers were full of it and I remember one headline said 'Stones wife in terrible disease'. I received lots of letters, including one from a herbalist, whom I decided to see. He sat me down for three hours and told me that what I was eating was really messing up my immune system. I suddenly thought, 'What the hell am I doing?'"

It turned out that she was misdiagnosed as having Crohn's, but she was glad to have given her body an overhaul, particularly when she suffered a perforated appendix a few years later. "The best thing in my life was falling ill, because in the end it was all about curing myself. If I hadn't, I would probably still be out getting drunk and eating fast-food all the time."

With everything in her house organic, from the bed linen to the dishwasher tablets, deodorant and toothpaste, Wood has done her best to convert the people around her to the benefits of a holistic lifestyle, including the couple's four children (her son Jamie and Ronnie's son Jesse, both from previous relationships, plus Leah and Tyrone, their two together). She has had varying degrees of success. "Ronnie was the easy one because he has always liked my cooking. He'll say, 'Ooh, these tomatoes taste just like the ones Dad used to grow on his allotment.' But Jamie, he was the toughest one to persuade. Even now he will occasionally get a McDonald's and eat it in front of me to wind me up," she says. "I used to drive everybody mad with it, but unless people ask me about it now I don't steam in like I used to."

Her crusade has led to the launch of her own beauty range, Jo Wood Organics, a line of luxurious bath and body products that are all chemical-free. Inspired by the exotic places she has visited with the band over the years, each product has been made using one of the two signature fragrances she helped to develop: Amka (which means 'to wake' in Swahili) and Usiku (which means 'night'). "Before, I used brands like Jurlique and Dr Hauschka, which were great, but bringing out my own version seemed like a natural extension of my commitment to organic living. It was also a personal challenge. Ronnie said, 'You'll never get that together,' but I was determined to show him - even though I had no business experience."

Touring with the four remaining members of the Rolling Stones - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie - is rather different to how it was in 1978, when Wood first started accompanying her husband around the world, a time that she admits she now recalls as "a blur". Nowadays, the band have a personal trainer and organic food backstage. Wood even brings along a specially designed stove - complete with a hob, space for saucepans and a constant supply of Ronnie's favourite organic baked beans - to cook her own food in their hotel rooms. "I set it up in the Four Seasons, the Ritz Carlton, anywhere. I'm sure they absolutely hate me for it, but it's so nice in the morning to have toast that isn't like rubber, and eggs that have come straight out of the pan," she says. "Sometimes it's hard to find organic food - South America was the worst, but the US was the easiest, because they've got these wonderful wholefood supermarkets. I'd get to the hotel, look them up on the internet and head straight there in a cab."

She concedes that the late nights don't help - with the band on stage at 9pm or 10pm, bedtime is rarely before 3am - but is adamant that her emphasis on wholesome food has improved the health of her husband, a former alcoholic. "I really believe that if Ronnie didn't have such a good diet he wouldn't be in such good health. He might not even be here, because he has abused his body a lot... really, a lot."

The guitarist may not be as passionate as his wife about the cause ("When I'm not here, he's a bit useless, really. He'll head over to our house in Ireland, cook himself bacon and eggs and that's about it."), but together the Woods are among a number of prominent organic food lovers, such as Madonna, Sting and Trudie Styler and the Beckhams. Food is important to Wood - for her 50th birthday party, last year, Ronnie arranged for Jamie Oliver to come round and cook for 100 of their friends. And as a stalwart supporter of the Soil Association, Prince Charles's organic efforts have particularly impressed her. "He's such a pioneer, and I really admire him for that. I've been down to his farm and seen his big fat pigs and healthy-looking sheep and cows, and wish everywhere could be like that. I sometimes think it would be great to turn the UK into the first all-organic country, for Tony Blair to have the guts to say, 'Let's clean everything up.'"

Unsurprisingly, the band members' wives were quick to start using her beauty products, but Wood has had no trouble convincing the men to try them either. Mick Jagger is a fan of her bath oil, the famously craggy Keith Richards uses a face oil ("I designed it for more mature skins, so I thought it might help get rid of his wrinkles... or maybe he needs Polyfilla!" she jokes). Only Charlie Watts, "who has never used anything on his skin before", has not sampled the range.

With the band's European tour kicking off in June (delayed by a month as a result of Keith Richards sustaining a head injury while on holiday in Fiji), Wood says she is more than happy to continue living out of a suitcase for a while longer. Over the years, she has developed an efficient way of managing both her own and Ronnie's wardrobes, by sorting the clothes into 12 suitcases. "Each case is like a drawer - there's one for shirts, one for suits, one for sweaters. I choose all of Ronnie's clothes for him, even his stage stuff. I couldn't leave him on his own - he would probably come down in some old T-shirt from the 1970s."

Although it may seem as if most of her time is spent stage-managing her husband, it's clear that Wood gets a lot out of the travelling. "Once your kids grow up, it's even more fun going on tour. Why sit at home, I say, when you can have an adventure? I'm going to use the European leg to promote my beauty range. It really is something I feel passionately about," she says.

"Since I began putting good things into my body and on to my face, I suddenly felt and looked ten years younger. Now I'm happier with myself than I have ever been, and that is reflected in my face."

• The Jo Wood Organics range is available at Harvey Nichols (0131 524 8388) and via mail order (0845 607 6614, www.jowoodorganics.com)

http://living.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=713242006

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
15th May 2006 09:17 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle An Uppper then a downer huh?

Keith Richards is fine =

Ron Wood is in bad shape =
[Edited by Jigsaw Puzzle]
15th May 2006 09:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
WOOD: 'KEITH IS FINE'

LATEST: RONNIE WOOD's wife JO is reassuring fans that the ROLLING STONES' A Bigger Bang world tour will continue, despite KEITH RICHARDS' brain surgery last week (08MAY06). The 51-year-old former model insists Richards, who fell from a coconut tree in Fiji last month (APR06), is "strong as an ox". She says, "He's fine. Every time I pick up a newspaper I read something about him that just isn't true, like he's got brain damage and stuff. "Yes, he's had an accident but Keith's strong as an ox. He'll bounce back, Keith always does. "He's fine and the tour will continue - it just might have to restart a bit behind schedule, that's all."
15/05/2006 21:12

already posted in this thread http://www.novogate.com/board/968/223324-2.html but as a lot of people may have subsequently missed it, its worth a thread on its own

Interesting that so many newswires and papers have picked it up and are now running it, even "The Sun" who have conveniently forgot that they had Keith written off just about 4 days ago

Their "Bizarre" column for tomorrow has this story and a nice pic of our main man looking a bit more like his old self as he leaves hospital yesterday following his check up : (Its not possible to copy and paste their photos so you can find it and the story here:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006220361,00.html

The article's text is :

IT’S good to see KEITH RICHARDS back on his feet – and wearing a bit of make-up.

The ROLLING STONES wildman was snapped leaving hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, after a check-up following his brain ops.

“Keef” fell 15ft backwards out of a tree in Fiji.

Doctors drilled his skull to drain a blood clot, then removed more bone to ease pressure. (*)

But Keith appears to be on the road to recovery with a spot of eye liner and trademark wacky clothes.

I hope this means he’ll be fit enough to finish European dates on the Stones’ Bigger Bang tour.

15th May 2006 09:50 PM
the good That's a shame Woody's family has to put up with that bullshit. Most people with a drinking problem turn themselves around once they realize the effect their behavior is having on their family. Why this hasn't turned Woody around I don't know. I guess Keith makes it tough to stay clean, but in the end, its Woody's responsibility.
16th May 2006 02:59 AM
FotiniD I really feel for Jo, living with an alcoholic is full of dissapointment and sadness.. Indeed, there's not much she can do unless Ronnie makes up his mind.

And it's really awful to see he's back on the booze again. He's risking a lot there, and he's not a child anymore, he should make a decision.
16th May 2006 10:58 AM
BILL PERKS MAKES YOU WONDER IF MICK WILL GO OUT ON TOUR WITH THESE GUYS AGAIN
16th May 2006 11:24 AM
Saint Sway Ronnie's state is not good. He's been to rehab a few times now. The doctors have insisted he needs to stop. His family and bandmates have urged him to stop and he still cant stop himself. Very sad.

this goes beyond mocking him for playing the fool onstage and no longer being able to play or remember his parts. Its totally selfish behavior that is clearly hurting his family. I dont think that Jo would of spoke out to a reporter like that if she wasnt completely fed up.
16th May 2006 11:33 AM
gimmekeef Its a disease people..one that has haunted millions...most unfortunately lose the battle....Its physical amd mental dependency.....Ronnie I wish you well.....
16th May 2006 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WOOD KEPT THE ROLLING STONES TOGETHER

ROLLING STONES fans can thank RONNIE WOOD for the British rockers' longevity, because his peacekeeping skills kept volatile stars SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS together during the 1980s. The (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION icons almost split after an acrimonious fall out, but guitar hero Wood managed to heal the rift. Wood's wife JO explains, "Mick and Keith write the songs, so Ronnie only gets paid for touring. "In fact, I never thought they'd tour again as Mick and Keith hated each other then. But Ronnie acted as a go-between. "I don't suppose we ever thought they'd go on so long."

16/05/2006 13:42
contactmusic

16th May 2006 11:52 AM
Saint Sway Jo Wood's pumpin out more interviews this week than Wyman!!!
16th May 2006 12:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Jo Wood's pumpin out more interviews this week than Wyman!!!

It would seem so. Part of the same interview perhaps????? Normally I'd google around a little bit to try to find the source but I'm really too busy today to do that.
16th May 2006 12:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Normally I'd google around a little bit to try to find the source but I'm really too busy today to do that.

I can tell!!

keep the Jo interviews comin!
17th May 2006 07:52 AM
corgi37 The "Start me up" star & "(I cant get no) Satisfaction" rockers...

...who dreams up this shit?

Anyway, my prediction? At the end of this tour, Ronnie will be royally fucked by the booze and die before the next tour begins.
17th May 2006 08:13 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The "Start me up" star & "(I cant get no) Satisfaction" rockers...

...who dreams up this shit?

Anyway, my prediction? At the end of this tour, Ronnie will be royally fucked by the booze and die before the next tour begins.

I think you've been feeling more cynical this past week Corgi
17th May 2006 08:27 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ronnie's state is not good. He's been to rehab a few times now. The doctors have insisted he needs to stop. His family and bandmates have urged him to stop and he still cant stop himself. Very sad.

this goes beyond mocking him for playing the fool onstage and no longer being able to play or remember his parts. Its totally selfish behavior that is clearly hurting his family. I dont think that Jo would of spoke out to a reporter like that if she wasnt completely fed up.

Sad but true.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)