ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Champions League Final Return to archive
14th May 2006 10:12 PM
FrankiePeppers Why hasn't there been any talk about the match on Wednesday? I am hoping to catch it on replay on ESPN. It'll be 2:30 pm on the East Coast.

14th May 2006 10:19 PM
ebmp This game will be great. The chances of Arsenal winning are very low IMO. Barceona has a much better team
15th May 2006 04:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
Why hasn't there been any talk about the match on Wednesday?

we're still comin' back to earth after the FA Cup final on Saturday. best final in a generation at least.

Hope Wednesday's is as good. With a bit of luck, it should be as it has the best two players in the world on opposite teams
15th May 2006 10:06 PM
Soldatti I hope that Messi don't get hurt, he's the key of our team on the WC.
17th May 2006 01:25 PM
speedfreakjive its just more than an hour away, just a shot away!!!! hahahahahahha!!!

i really want Arsenal to win it - if they don't Henry will leave!!
17th May 2006 02:16 PM
gimmekeef Whats the over/under.....1.5?....
17th May 2006 02:24 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner I'm from Barcelona.

I hope Barça will win!
[Edited by MemoFromTinaTurner]
17th May 2006 03:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Barca got ripped off in the first half. The ref shoulda let play continue of the advantage, and Barca should have had that goal count. For a ref at this level of play, that call is sad, sad, sad....
17th May 2006 03:44 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Barca got ripped off in the first half. The ref shoulda let play continue of the advantage, and Barca should have had that goal count. For a ref at this level of play, that call is sad, sad, sad....

indeed, and the Arsenal golkeeper was sent off
17th May 2006 03:45 PM
Angiegirl
17th May 2006 03:46 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Barca got ripped off in the first half. The ref shoulda let play continue of the advantage, and Barca should have had that goal count. For a ref at this level of play, that call is sad, sad, sad....

Yep.
17th May 2006 05:55 PM
caro Fuck! I really enjoyed Arsenal's (few) attacks. Anyway, I guess it was a more than fair result.

On a side note, my boss invited some of his clients to the game, they paid more than 3000€ per person. The whole thing is just insane -- inside Paris there were long lines of cars waiting for the corporate guests, blocking all the streets. Worse than a Stones concert!
17th May 2006 06:00 PM
Gazza well done Barca, but a great effort by the Arse, considering the circumstances, and an appalling referee who should have been taken out and shot
[Edited by Gazza]
17th May 2006 06:30 PM
charlotte good call SS, that was a bull shit...gazza's right, bastard should have been red carded and dropped in the middle of Las Ramblas!!!good job Barca!!
17th May 2006 07:04 PM
lotsajizz gee.....soccer...another 1-0 or 2-1 match?

yawn

wake us when it's over...

17th May 2006 07:16 PM
ebmp
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
gee.....soccer...another 1-0 or 2-1 match?

yawn

wake us when it's over...

Baseball?? Another infinite and boring 6 hrs match?
17th May 2006 07:29 PM
Soldatti Great game, Arsenal was very close.
17th May 2006 07:43 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
ebmp wrote:

Baseball?? Another infinite and boring 6 hrs match?

in over a century there have been perhaps half a dozen baseball games even approaching that length...and they did not involve a 1-0 or 2-1 result

17th May 2006 08:42 PM
Scot Rocks Henrik Larsson - Legend!!!
17th May 2006 10:18 PM
ebmp
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

in over a century there have been perhaps half a dozen baseball games even approaching that length...and they did not involve a 1-0 or 2-1 result

The emotion in footbal is not measured by the score, but by the fact that in a minute the game can change, and even a weaker team has a chance to win.

Just take a look at today's game. A much weaker team IMO (Arsenal) was winning with 10 players until almost the end, when in like 10 minutes the game turned completely upside down, giving Barcelona the victory. That you don't see in any other sport, and that's what makes Footbal so fascinating
18th May 2006 02:08 AM
Staffan
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Henrik Larsson - Legend!!!

And he'll be with us in the World Cup! Yay!
18th May 2006 03:24 AM
Jumacfly The major problem of football referees is that in the real life (they're generally semi professionals)most of them are policemen.
18th May 2006 03:26 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
The major problem of football referees is that in the real life (they're generally semi professionals)most of them are policemen.

Weird. Care to explain?
18th May 2006 03:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Weird. Care to explain?

I mean they often act like cops, they are very strict on rules and some of them don t have the feeling of the game, like yesterday for example.
Anyway I don t have anything against cops...what?? you wanna see my driving licence??
18th May 2006 04:17 AM
marko Great game that was.I think Barca earned their win.
18th May 2006 02:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man I don't care about dodgy referees. Arsenal lost and that’s what counts!

Arsene Wenger and others should stop moaning about they’re goalie getting sent off. They'd of been 1-0 down if the ref had played the advantage and yeah, Arsenal would've still had 11 men, but who's to say they'd of got back in the game? Football is unpredictable and you never know what’s going to happen.

One more time. I'm glad Arsenal lost!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)