ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABC picks up Mick Jagger, drops Sons & Daughters Return to archive
14th May 2006 06:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ABC picks up Mick Jagger, drops Sons & Daughters
Posted May 14th 2006 11:00AM by Anna Johns
Filed under: Comedy, ABC, Programming

ABC gave the greenlight to two new comedies, including Let's Rob Mick Jagger, which is a single-camera comedy about a janitor and his friends who plan to rob Mick Jagger. It's executive produced by David Letterman. The original plan for the show was to rob Jeff Goldblum, but he's already busy with NBC. Jagger just recently signed on to appear in several episodes of the show that is all about robbing him.

ABC also picked up A Day in the Life, which has different views of a couple's wedding day. How are they going to get an entire season out of this premise? I dunno, either. The network also renewed What About Brian? for a second season.

And, part-improv/part-scripted comedy Sons & Daughters did not get renewed for a second season. Creator Fred Goss (interviewed earlier this year by Joel) confirms cancellation on his website.
14th May 2006 07:43 PM
the good It really doesn't sound like a very funny concept for a show, but at least Letterman's got a hand in it.
14th May 2006 09:53 PM
Soldatti Mick doing a comedy again?
Nothing will match Freejack.
14th May 2006 10:50 PM
Spru He's really awesome in Man From Elysium Fields, no joke.
15th May 2006 08:38 AM
Riffhard I heard that the WB Network is countering this move with a sitcom of their own called,"Let's Carve Heather Mills a New Leg."

That's what I heard anyway. I hear things.

Riffy
15th May 2006 08:42 AM
gimmekeef I hope in episode one they make off with his hideous jackets from ABB...Cause I doubt after 4-5 shows it will be still on.Course for ABC thats a winner!
15th May 2006 09:10 AM
Factory Girl Is NBC going to counter with "Selling IT to Keith"???
15th May 2006 09:46 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Is NBC going to counter with "Selling IT to Keith"???

No NBC will have "Tour or No Tour".....starring Keith
17th May 2006 09:27 AM
Jeep Mick is also a producer of this new ABC show.

From the Toronto Sun :
http://torontosun.com/Entertainment/2006/05/16/1583140.html

The Jagger edge ?
May 16, 2006
ABC puts hopes on Rolling Stone, new shows for fall lineup
By BILL BRIOUX, Toronto Sun

ABC hopes Mick Jagger will rock their schedule.

The Rolling Stone was one of several big names announced Tuesday in New York as part of ABC’s aggressive 2006-07 schedule. Their 15 new shows will shake up six out of seven nights, with 10 shows starting next fall and five later. Calista Flockhart, Anne Heche, Taye Diggs and Ted Danson are also headlining new ABC shows.

Jagger is an executive producer and occasional star of Let’s Rob..., a comedy starring Ottawa-born Donal Logue (Grounded For Life) as a janitor who rounds up a posse of what ABC calls “new age Robin Hoods” to pull off an insane heist: breaking into Jagger’s Central Park West apartment...

17th May 2006 10:42 AM
Ihavelotsajam This is going to be cancelled after, let's say, 3 episodes.
And this is not saying that it's gonna be awful, it's just gonna be cancelled.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)