ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elton John takes stage in tutu (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th May 2006 05:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ELTON JOHN TAKES STAGE IN TUTU

SIR ELTON JOHN delighted fans at the first anniversary of musical BILLY ELLIOT - by appearing on stage in a frilly white tutu. The ROCKET MAN star, who wrote the music for the stage version of the hit British film, was watching the show with partner DAVID FURNISH on Friday night (12MAY06). He told the audience in London's Victoria Palace Theatre, "I couldn't wear pink. "I didn't know that I was going to wear one. They just told me when I got here. There was no fitting, they just had it ready."
14/05/2006 21:07

14th May 2006 05:31 PM
the good Wow. That's so unlike Elton.
14th May 2006 05:33 PM
MrPleasant
14th May 2006 06:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh Elton's allright. I was never a big fan but I do like some of his stuff.
14th May 2006 06:55 PM
MrPleasant
14th May 2006 07:00 PM
LadyJane
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Oh God....PLEASE tell me that has been photoshopped.

I'm gonna hurl.

LJ.
14th May 2006 07:12 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Oh God....PLEASE tell me that has been photoshopped.

I'm gonna hurl.

LJ.

Here's a slightly altered one, it seems. (Did Mick move?)

Ain't it cute?
[Edited by MrPleasant]
15th May 2006 11:15 AM
ListenToTheLion Mick doesn't look quite happy...
15th May 2006 11:21 AM
Saint Sway my breakfast just came back up
15th May 2006 11:33 AM
jb Is Elton bi-sexual?
15th May 2006 11:38 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Is Elton bi-sexual?

yes. He likes both older men and young boys.
15th May 2006 11:39 AM
gimmekeef Wheres that pic of him in the Donald Duck outfit?...Cant stand the little arse....
15th May 2006 11:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Is Elton bi-sexual?

I think he tried the bi and hetero routes and they didn't work for him as I recall.
15th May 2006 11:47 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
ELTON JOHN TAKES STAGE IN TUTU

SIR ELTON JOHN delighted fans at the first anniversary of musical BILLY ELLIOT - by appearing on stage in a frilly white tutu. The ROCKET MAN star, who wrote the music for the stage version of the hit British film, was watching the show with partner DAVID FURNISH on Friday night (12MAY06). He told the audience in London's Victoria Palace Theatre, "I couldn't wear pink. "I didn't know that I was going to wear one. They just told me when I got here. There was no fitting, they just had it ready."
14/05/2006 21:07

Just glad that there is no pic of this and hopefully it remains that way.

15th May 2006 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah. There's a pic...it was posted on drudge this morning.
15th May 2006 11:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE.....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
15th May 2006 11:57 AM
TampabayStone Crap, I thought that might happen. At least we don't have to see his chubby legs.
15th May 2006 12:02 PM
jb We have had 3 alloigaTOR attacks this week!!!
15th May 2006 12:18 PM
Saint Sway sounds safer than Manhattan
15th May 2006 12:59 PM
Ihavelotsajam Elton's first 4-5 albums are absolutely awesome.
15th May 2006 01:21 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
We have had 3 alloigaTOR attacks this week!!!

Did any of them get Elton or his tutu???
15th May 2006 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Did any of them get Elton or his tutu???

Sadly, here in Broward, a 20 yr old girl was killed by a 10 foot gator...they trapped the Gator and her arms where therin...the lackof precipetation has cuased the Gators to come inland, in smaller canals. We urge all of you to not walk your dogs, run, or walk by canals at this time. While it is very rare, the attacks are extroadinarily gruesome and very scary.
15th May 2006 04:19 PM
ListenToTheLion What has an alligator to do with Elton John?
15th May 2006 04:21 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
What has an alligator to do with Elton John?

Crocadile Rock?
15th May 2006 04:23 PM
Rambler Elton's first 4-5 albums are absolutely awesome.

And his latest albums are some of the worse I've ever heard.The guy should've retired in 1979.
15th May 2006 04:24 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Rambler wrote:
Elton's first 4-5 albums are absolutely awesome.

And his latest albums are some of the worse I've ever heard.The guy should've retired in 1979.

16th May 2006 10:40 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Rambler wrote:

Yup, pretty much.
16th May 2006 03:41 PM
Prodigal Son Just reinforces the idea that Elton is a fairy. He's done average to lousy records ever since the weepy dirge Blue Moves in 1976. Ever since he admitted he was gay, that was it for him as an artistic force. Not to mention all that cocaine and booze. You'd be hard pressed to put together 1 disc of post 1976 tunes I could stomach by him (call me crazy but I like "Mama Can't Buy You Love," "Little Jeanie," "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues," "Sad Songs [Say So Much]," "Stone's Throw from Hurting," "Blue Eyes" and "Empty Garden" 99% of the rest just suck). Elton pre-76 had his faults and was no Rolling Stones level of brilliance but still (I enjoy reviewing albums by grade)

Empty Sky: **, C (hey S. Stonesalot, don't worry. I've heard most of this and disliked it. Best track: The Scaffold)
Elton John: ****, B+ (most of the orchestral tracks blow, rockers are sweet. Best track: Take Me to the Pilot is more kick-ass for me than the sometimes languid "Your Song")
Tumbleweed Connection: ***1/2, B (lots of good stuff but too much hackneyed poetic "westerns" Best track: Burn Down the Mission)
Madman Across the Water: C+ (two prime songs in "Levon" and "Tiny Dancer" while the rest range from decent to throwaway. Best: Levon)
Honky Chateau: ****1/2, A- (underrated, enjoyable pop without lame lyrics by Bernie or pretentious arrangements by Reggie. Best: Honky Cat)
Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player: ***, B- (better if not for regrettable faricals like "Have Mercy on the Criminal" and "Crocodile Rock" Best track: Eldeberry Wine)
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: ****, B+ (lots of throwaways alongside some awesome pop songs that makes for an ok double LP. Best on disc 1: Bennie and the Jets, best on disc 2: Sat. Night's Alright for Fighting)
Caribou: ***1/2, B (some weird shit on here but it's redeemed by some other classics. Best track: Bitch is Back)
Capt. Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy: ***1/2, B (some of the grandiose, rockopera like storysongs go nowhere, the ballads hit big or miss big but the one great rocker is "Meal Ticket" Best: <---)
Rock of the Westies: ****1/2, A- (my fave of his because it rocks like the Stones circa 68-72. Even Stones fans who hate Elton may enjoy stuff like "Street Kids" and "Hard Lucky Story" and even the slower tunes are decent, Best: Feed Me

16th May 2006 03:57 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Elton John: ****, B+ (most of the orchestral tracks blow, rockers are sweet. Best track: Take Me to the Pilot is more kick-ass for me than the sometimes languid "Your Song")
Tumbleweed Connection: ***1/2, B (lots of good stuff but too much hackneyed poetic "westerns" Best track: Burn Down the Mission)
Madman Across the Water: C+ (two prime songs in "Levon" and "Tiny Dancer" while the rest range from decent to throwaway. Best: Levon)
Honky Chateau: ****1/2, A- (underrated, enjoyable pop without lame lyrics by Bernie or pretentious arrangements by Reggie. Best: Honky Cat)

I think those 4 are better than you rate them.
16th May 2006 06:19 PM
Rambler Prodigal son hit the nail on the head with rock of the westies.I thought I was the only one who liked that album.:-)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)