ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sweet child o' mine has the best rock intro ever... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th May 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
memofromtinaturner - don't be swayed by JB's poor posting, you will notice it greatly in the near future - Appetite 4 Destruction is goldust!

Yep, for non-stone fans there are many other classics as well...it was an O.K. album at a time when rock music was dead...(sort of like now).
17th May 2006 11:25 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:

Yep, for non-stone fans there are many other classics as well...it was an O.K. album at a time when rock music was dead...(sort of like now).

agreed
17th May 2006 11:27 AM
speedfreakjive back on topic - what about the intro to Led Zeps 'Black Dog'!!

or

'Should I Stay Or Should I Go' The Clash
17th May 2006 11:28 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes. At least they were keeping rock & roll alive. I wish someone would come along now and blow us away with some good rock & roll. I feel bad for the kids coming up today. All they've got is hip-hop and a bunch of mediocre fake-rock.
17th May 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Yes. At least they were keeping rock & roll alive. I wish someone would come along now and blow us away with some good rock & roll. I feel bad for the kids coming up today. All they've got is hip-hop and a bunch of mediocre fake-rock.

100% correct....I can't beleive the stuff kids listen to today..and they love it!!! And sadly, if they are into classic rock, it's always the Beatles or Led Zep. Since Stones still around, it ain't cool to like those "old men". Thank god my kids are being raised going to Stones concerts and having a helathy dose of Stones on their ipods...
17th May 2006 11:52 AM
pdog

Rock ain't dead! There was an album released yesterday that proves it!
Rock never has died, the only thing between it's death and us, is us! I never stop looking and it's always there... It does help to know where to look, have a little faith and take a risk.
The irony for me is. Most who say it's dead cite bands that are usually having bigger sales, when the real heart of music, lies in the bands and not how succesful they are, unless success is only measured in money and popularity. I measure a bands success differently. A successful band IMO, is a band that manages to to play, despite the amount of money, despite their distribution, despite mainsteam audiences. It's a band that plays b/c they love the music and whether it's 50 or 5,000 at the show, they play the same b/c they love what they're doing. Rock and roll is alive and well, And it's much closer to you than you'll ever know!
17th May 2006 12:03 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner I agree with pdog. Rock and roll isn't dead, it's just living on the underground. The majority of good rock and roll bands today are underground bands. There was a time when rock was succesful, now there's just a few rock bands that are succesful and most of the ones who are succesful seem to be afraid to rock or are afraid to even call themselves a rock band so they hide behind the everyday-more-annoying "alternative" label, which is funny because how can they be alternative if they're mainstream bands? I'll never understand that.

I still discover lots of new great rock bands everyday and buy lots of albums by new bands. Sadly, MTV and radio doesn't give those bands airplay so just because of that most people think rock is dead. But it's not, it just isn't played on the radio or MTV but there's lots of great new rock bands out there putting out albums and playing in clubs.

There's still hope of rock and roll getting airplay again, though. LAtely, there have been some bands that are starting to get airplay like The Black Velvets or the Living Things (check out their new single "Bom Bom Bom", whose riff sounds a lot like "Brown Sugar").

Rock and roll will never die. It will just be more or less succesful but there will always be rock bands for rock and roll junkies like me and you.
17th May 2006 12:08 PM
jb No airtime=rigormortis
17th May 2006 12:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Rock ain't dead! There was an album released yesterday that proves it!
Rock never has died, the only thing between it's death and us, is us! I never stop looking and it's always there... It does help to know where to look, have a little faith and take a risk.
The irony for me is. Most who say it's dead cite bands that are usually having bigger sales, when the real heart of music, lies in the bands and not how succesful they are, unless success is only measured in money and popularity. I measure a bands success differently. A successful band IMO, is a band that manages to to play, despite the amount of money, despite their distribution, despite mainsteam audiences. It's a band that plays b/c they love the music and whether it's 50 or 5,000 at the show, they play the same b/c they love what they're doing. Rock and roll is alive and well, And it's much closer to you than you'll ever know!

What you said about mainstream music is correct. Any good stuff happening nowadays you have to seek out, which is really nothing new I guess. I just miss the days when it seemed like every week there was an exciting new album coming out by a major artist, and when you walked into a record store you'd hear rock & roll blaring from the speakers. Eh, I'm just a dinosaur I guess. But I agree 100% - rock ain't dead, it never was, and it never will be.
LONG LIVE ROCK!
17th May 2006 12:21 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner Besides, people have been saying rock and roll is dead since about 1957.
17th May 2006 12:31 PM
ebmp
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
has anyone heard the new version with Bumblefuck playing the lead?

Its not him playing the lead, it's Robin Finck
18th May 2006 08:48 AM
Bruno

Iīm talking about the future, forget about the past, itīll always be with us, itīs never gonna die... NEVER GONNA DIE!
18th May 2006 09:37 AM
lotsajizz Robin Finck is friggin' awesome

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)