ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sweet child o' mine has the best rock intro ever... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th May 2006 03:13 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat imho
14th May 2006 03:21 PM
sirmoonie JJF
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man

I think those three top Sweet Chile
14th May 2006 03:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat [quote]sirmoonie wrote:
JJF
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man

[/quote

My 15 boxes of Stones wine are all gone! And I have a very bad hangover.
14th May 2006 03:30 PM
Highwire Rob I don't care how many people claim they are sick of the war horse:

NOTHING will ever match the sky-splitting three chord energized opening of Start Me Up.

Rock and Roll to wake up the dead!
14th May 2006 03:31 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
JJF
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man

Hmz...JJF intro on the '97 St. Louis boot with Mick shouting "Are you ready for a little bit more" is very cool.
14th May 2006 03:31 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I don't care how many people claim they are sick of the war horse:

NOTHING will ever match the sky-splitting three chord energized opening of Start Me Up.

Rock and Roll to wake up the dead!

SMU intro on St Diego '97 boot...awesome!
14th May 2006 03:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:
JJF
Gimme Shelter
Monkey Man

[/quote

My 15 boxes of Stones wine are all gone! And I have a very bad hangover.

Its very important that you find something else to drink as soon as possible.
14th May 2006 03:33 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Its very important that you find something else to drink as soon as possible.

I just found some beers in my fridge.
14th May 2006 05:03 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Sympathy For The Devil

14th May 2006 05:04 PM
ebmp Sweet Child is great, but JJF is something else. I wonder why Satisfaction got more recognition than JJF
14th May 2006 05:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I just found some beers in my fridge.

Fancy that. Me too.
14th May 2006 05:28 PM
the good Its gimme shelter by a mile.
14th May 2006 05:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
the good wrote:
Its gimme shelter by a mile.

Oh no. It's HTW by three lengths.
14th May 2006 05:40 PM
telecaster "Brown Sugar"

Maybe "Sway"

Straight to the point

14th May 2006 05:44 PM
MrPleasant Satisfaction.
14th May 2006 05:53 PM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Oh no. It's HTW by three lengths.

Damn. Forgot that one.
14th May 2006 06:14 PM
Jumping Jack Winner- CYHMK

Honorable Mention:
JJF
Can't Explain
School's Out
14th May 2006 07:31 PM
BILL PERKS I QUITE DIG DANCE LIL SISTER
14th May 2006 07:41 PM
Riffhard
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Satisfaction.

Damn straight! Any other answer is just plain wrong! While I may like other intros equally as much,Satisfaction has that immediate recognizable fuzz tone riff that bands have been trying to copy,in one way or another,ever since. Satisfaction is probably the most recognized riff ever with the Bo Diddly beat coming in a very close second. Remember,even Keith has said,"Every song I ever wrote after it was based on it."

Yes it's a warhorse,but for very good reason. It's simply the greatest rock and roll song ever written. It has everything a great rock and roll tune should have. From riffs,to great drum and bass work,to lyrics,to clocking in at just the right length. It's the blueprint song for rock and roll songs.

Riffy
14th May 2006 08:13 PM
lotsajizz yup...whatever else, Riffhard has good musical tastes--'Satisfaction', followed closely by 'Brown Sugar'
14th May 2006 08:14 PM
FrankiePeppers G 'N R sounded right for their time, but do not give them anything more than a mere footnote in rock history.
14th May 2006 09:57 PM
Soldatti JJF
SMU
Gimme Shelter
14th May 2006 10:18 PM
ebmp
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
G 'N R sounded right for their time, but do not give them anything more than a mere footnote in rock history.

Donīt give Nirvana more than that to either. I think GNR are way underrated mostly because of Axl's attitude. Someday they'll be recognized as a great band, in the likes of Led Zeppelin and others
14th May 2006 10:40 PM
ShaneJazz I have always loved the openings to Live With Me and Bitch....
14th May 2006 10:47 PM
Spru JJF is everything that is the Stones and that is rock. If not for that single's success, who know what would have happened? I prefer JJF, SMU, and HTW and about a dozen or so other stones songs, even Rough Justice, to SCOM, but it is an awesome intro. And another intro I absolutely love is Corduroy by Pearl Jam. That should make any top 10 intros list easily.
14th May 2006 10:52 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
G 'N R sounded right for their time, but do not give them anything more than a mere footnote in rock history.

FRANKIE,THE NOTED ROCK PHILOSOPHER
14th May 2006 11:49 PM
sirmoonie And yet more - Keith's acoustic intro on Brown Sugar, my god, thank you for digital CD players, as I have played that 30-40 seconds intro over and over and over. Several times, I have done that over and over. A multitude. Exponential it gets.

Best collab ever? MPJ scripts the score, Keith lays the fucker down, over a Wattsian smoke.
15th May 2006 06:43 AM
StickyFishFingers For the record Gimme Shelter is probably the one for me - i get the most awesome goose pimples when I hear that intro.

Following from that is AC/DC's Riff Raff - the way that song just builds up gives me a rush & reminds me of my youth hearing that song for the first time, the live version off If you want blood, in particular. Touch too much is also very cool, not to mention totally underrated.
15th May 2006 08:21 AM
corgi37 Sweet child is indeed good.

I'd say JJF is my Stones fave.

I think Fortunate Son is hot. Spirit in the sky - like WOW! To this day, the secret of the distortion effect is kept secret by the Producer! True, i only read it like a month ago. Norman Greenbaum dont even know how he got such an amazing effect.

What about Voodoo Chile??? Foxy Lady?

Hey hey my my (or is that my my hey hey? - you know, the eletric one).

Joey will agree with me on this however.

You simply cant go past Baba O'Reilly or the anthemic Wont get fooled again.
15th May 2006 08:30 AM
speedfreakjive i think y'all is forgetting
Stray Cat Blues!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)