ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Johnny THUNDERS fans out there ?? Return to archive
14th May 2006 06:27 AM
razorback At the moment I am uploading this very rare bootleg on DAD

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=95557&uploaded=1&reqdl=1

Enjoy !!
[Edited by razorback]
14th May 2006 09:22 AM
GotToRollMe Me! Me! Yep, I saw it on Dime this morning, razorback. I've already got "Johnny On The Rocks" but I'm downloading it anyway because ya never know, it could be a better copy than the one I've got.

Nice avatar, by the way,
14th May 2006 09:57 AM
BILL PERKS NO
14th May 2006 09:59 AM
lotsajizz Johnny Thunders was a very good musician...I had the pleasure of seeing him live once. Other than the delay caused by his begging for a fix from the audience and his shooting up on stage, it was a super show. Thunders is up there in terms of influence as well as skill.
14th May 2006 02:01 PM
pdog Like his music, but he was an asshole.
14th May 2006 02:26 PM
razorback
quote:
pdog wrote:
Like his music, but he was an asshole.

Asshole ?? why?? because of drugs ?? so what could we say about Keith ??
Because he used to abuse his audience ?? He never did unless his audience abused him.....the guy was not playing in stadiums with a bunch of security men in front of the stage.
At the gibus club in Paris I have seen a fucktard messing with him ,trying to catch his guitar.....Johnny did the security himself with his harley boots !!
14th May 2006 02:43 PM
axl79 Don't have any personal opinion of him, he was totally loss with the horse.
I have a video tape with him performing in a swedish TV show. He insults the audience, acusing them of being too clean and gently.

14th May 2006 02:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Johnny Thunders is a rock n roll bomb.

The Heartbreakers were more influential on the London punks than the Ramones were. Take that for whatever it's worth to ya.

I can't speak on if the guy was an asshole or not...I never met him.

I love his music though...
14th May 2006 03:10 PM
pdog
quote:
razorback wrote:

Asshole ?? why?? because of drugs ?? so what could we say about Keith ??
Because he used to abuse his audience ?? He never did unless his audience abused him.....the guy was not playing in stadiums with a bunch of security men in front of the stage.
At the gibus club in Paris I have seen a fucktard messing with him ,trying to catch his guitar.....Johnny did the security himself with his harley boots !!

It's not about his live shows or music, the guy was an asshole, it's well known. B/c of drugs, maybe. He didn't have Keith's money, so he stole alot and screwed people over, money was in short supply. I've read a few books about the guy, and have met a few who knew him. The opinions are all the same, great guitarist, too much dope, treated everyone around him like shit. Look at his two friends, Stiv and Dee Dee... These guys were fucked up to each other, and they were friends!

Like his music, heard was an asshole!
14th May 2006 03:56 PM
razorback
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's not about his live shows or music, the guy was an asshole, it's well known. B/c of drugs, maybe. He didn't have Keith's money, so he stole alot and screwed people over, money was in short supply. I've read a few books about the guy, and have met a few who knew him. The opinions are all the same, great guitarist, too much dope, treated everyone around him like shit. Look at his two friends, Stiv and Dee Dee... These guys were fucked up to each other, and they were friends!

Like his music, heard was an asshole!

Dude ,a junkie is not an asshole ,just a man who is sick.
And do not trust too much books and rumours....one of the last time I met Johnny in Paris ,it was for a gig with Stiv in the late eighties and they seemed to be real friends.Even backstage !!

[Edited by razorback]
14th May 2006 04:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Dude ,a junkie is not an asshole ,just a man who is sick.<

Having known a few junkies personally, and now dealing with them on an almost daily basis at work...I can tell you that every single one of them is an asshole. Sick, yes. But the sickness turns them into assholes. Every time. Even Keith. They lie, steal, fuck people over, and are completely unreliable. They simply can't be trusted.

Look, any person who puts injecting poison into their body and risking death as a result, above everything else in their life...is an asshole. Period.
14th May 2006 04:37 PM
razorback
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Dude ,a junkie is not an asshole ,just a man who is sick.<

Having known a few junkies personally, and now dealing with them on an almost daily basis at work...I can tell you that every single one of them is an asshole. Sick, yes. But the sickness turns them into assholes. Every time. Even Keith. They lie, steal, fuck people over, and are completely unreliable. They simply can't be trusted.

Look, any person who puts injecting poison into their body and risking death as a result, above everything else in their life...is an asshole. Period.

I can't get you wrong for this ....I have known the problem very well...certainly too much.
15th May 2006 07:47 AM
Egbert Asshole or not, I like much of Johnny's music - esp Heartbreaker's LAMF.
15th May 2006 10:19 AM
jpenn11
quote:
razorback wrote:
At the moment I am uploading this very rare bootleg on DAD
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=95557&uploaded=1&reqdl=1

I thought he did that Live at the Lyceum album with the Heartbreakers in England that year. Was it a one off show, so Walter and the others were not at this other '84 show?

15th May 2006 10:29 AM
Zeeta Great guitarist!

I only know his work on the first New York Dolls' album...is there anything else I should check out?

How fuckin good is the New York Dolls - New York Dolls album?! Man that's good...especially Looking for a Kiss - rock and roll!

Totally influenced by The Stones of course....
15th May 2006 11:00 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Great guitarist!

I only know his work on the first New York Dolls' album...is there anything else I should check out?

How fuckin good is the New York Dolls - New York Dolls album?! Man that's good...especially Looking for a Kiss - rock and roll!

Totally influenced by The Stones of course....

I'd recommend "Too Much Too Soon" and "Rock 'n' Roll" by the Dolls, and "So Alone" and "Live At Max's Kansas City" by JT and The Heartbreakers. All good stuff!
15th May 2006 11:51 AM
waaghals Listen closely to Steve Jones, the cat burglar of the Sex Pistols, and you'll hear he stole Johnny Thunders sound!

I love J.T., he's one of the true originals!
15th May 2006 12:34 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner I love Johnny Thunders. Both the New York Dolls and JT & The Heartbreakers were awesome.
15th May 2006 12:51 PM
razorback
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

I thought he did that Live at the Lyceum album with the Heartbreakers in England that year. Was it a one off show, so Walter and the others were not at this other '84 show?

There was no rules with Johnny.I can't count the times I've seen him coming with his guitar to the Gibus club in Paris...no show announced....only for the fun of playing and the joy of his fans.
He used to play alone or with a few friends who were there .It didn't matter for him...just looks like :I'm there ,there's a stage ,amplis,my guitar ,some fans : I PLAY !!
I have seen him starting a gig alone and then asking if there was a drummer in the audience....then another guitarist..
I really miss this guy.
15th May 2006 01:40 PM
Factory Girl Any JT/NY Dolls dvds that I must check out??
15th May 2006 02:57 PM
razorback
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Any JT/NY Dolls dvds that I must check out??

These ones are must have for any Johnny's fan

http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/t/thunderskanenolan-youcantdvd.shtml

http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews/n/newyorkdolls-alldolleddvd.shtml

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/johnny_thunders_and_the_heartbreakers_dead_or_alive/dvd.php?select=2
15th May 2006 03:28 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, razorback.
15th May 2006 04:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Dude ,a junkie is not an asshole ,just a man who is sick.<

So true, when I was strung out, I stole from everyone! I'm a good person, but when I was using heroin, I was a slave.
Johnny rocked, we know that. Doesn't mean the person behind the music was okay. Look how he died. God forbid, if Keith had died falling out of the tree, I would've been grateful that it wasn't in a room alone with a spike in his arm. That's not punk rock, rock and roll or even close to cool.
RIP Johnny T.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)