ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Idea for Mick after this tour Return to archive
13th May 2006 06:25 PM
Spru I was recently reading about A Bigger Bang on Time Is On Our Side - http://www.timeisonourside.com/lpBang.html - and I noticed much of the talk by both Mick and Keith about how Mick pretty much played everything on this album, at least during the very primitive stages. He played guitars, bass, drums, harp, and of course sang. Also we know he can play keyboards. I was thinking Mick should do a solo album where he plays everything, with very little support from any other musicians, similar to "McCartney". I know invoking Paul's name will cause a bad vibe on this thread, but look past that...Mick is an extremely talented musician who has pretty much done everything in music...but has he done an album like this? Forget having Bono, Pete T, Lenny, Rob Thomas, etc. on a "solo" album, make a solo album which is truly solo in every sense of the music and term.
[Edited by Spru]
13th May 2006 06:26 PM
MrPleasant Just one thing: NO Lenny Kravitz.
13th May 2006 06:59 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Spru wrote:
I was recently reading about A Bigger Bang on Time Is On Our Side - http://www.timeisonourside.com/lpBang.html - and I noticed much of the talk by both Mick and Keith about how Mick pretty much played everything on this album, at least during the very primitive stages. He played guitars, bass, drums, harp, and of course sang. Also we know he can play keyboards. I was thinking Mick should do a solo album where he plays everything, with very little support from any other musicians, similar to "McCartney". I know invoking Paul's name will cause a bad vibe on this thread, but look past that...Mick is an extremely talented musician who has pretty much done everything in music...but has he done an album like this? Forget having Bono, Pete T, Lenny, Rob Thomas, etc. on a "solo" album, make a solo album which is truly solo in every sense of the music and term.
[Edited by Spru]

MICK'S PROBLEM,WHEN HE IS ON HIS OWN, IS THAT HIS LYRICS GET VERY GAY(SEE JOY)AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO BRING HIM BACK TO STREET LEVEL.NONE OF THE FLUNKY'S HE WORKS WITH ON HIS OWN EVER TELL HIM SOMETHING SUCKS(SEE GITD).
13th May 2006 10:59 PM
monkeyman62 he should right another album with keith and tour with the stones for his next project, anything else is just a silly
bump in the road
14th May 2006 12:19 AM
MrPleasant Mick oughta cover Harry Nilsson's "Put The Lime In The Coconut".
14th May 2006 02:03 AM
pdog Will there be another studio Stones album?
14th May 2006 02:20 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
Will there be another studio Stones album?

Questioner: Mike!?!?

Mike: Yeah??

Q: It's this pdod dude again, he wants to know if Keith is stil alive.

M: Tell him I'll be right there.

Q: I'll tell him to shut the fuck off.

M: No!! Damn it! Why do we have to go through this all over again?

Q: I'm the only one who can make the questions. OK?

M: What???

Q: Scrambled eggs with beacon; and waffles?, OK. But you're fat!! Take the shit out of your ears, darling. What, are you stupid?!?

M: Fuck you!!

Q: Yeah. Make my day, you ass quiter.

(*The questioner dumps Mike down the stairs, once again, in order to tell the Stones' future. It don't look so brightly, so let's take a turn around and, over here, people, we can see TWO REPUBLICANS FUCKING WITH EACH OTHER; YES!!
[Edited by MrPleasant]
14th May 2006 02:21 AM
pdog I feel much better now!
14th May 2006 02:24 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
I feel much better now!

Eggs and beacon, honey?!?!?
14th May 2006 02:26 AM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Eggs and beacon, honey?!?!?

Cocaine and heroin in a spoon please, To Go!
14th May 2006 02:32 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:

Cocaine and heroin in a spoon please, To Go!

Don't forget the SKANK!!!!

What's that that you're doing to your cousin? Stop it! That's not his bellybottom... Stop it!!! I told you THAT's not his bellybottom!!! STOP THAT!!!!!
14th May 2006 02:36 AM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Don't forget the SKANK!!!!

I wouldn't do dope with that skanknoid. I'd rather fuck a crackhead with Syphilis.
14th May 2006 02:40 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:

I wouldn't do dope with that skanknoid. I'd rather fuck a crackhead with Syphilis.

You were supposed to trade her for cigarettes, or for the next volume of the encyclopedia BRITANNICA, YOU IDIOT!!

WHERE'S MY FUCKING TWINKIE?????????
14th May 2006 06:42 AM
Reptile Yeah, Mick's solo lyrics are.. well, yeah, GAY. Mick's whole solo thing is gay. I don't mind listening to them once in a while, but they're gay.

Keith keeps the gay-ness off the Stones.
14th May 2006 06:52 AM
corgi37 There wont be another new Stones album. Just "rarities" from this Christmas to the end of time.
14th May 2006 05:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
There wont be another new Stones album.

I don't believe it.
14th May 2006 09:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MICK'S PROBLEM,WHEN HE IS ON HIS OWN, IS THAT HIS LYRICS GET VERY GAY(SEE JOY)AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO BRING HIM BACK TO STREET LEVEL.NONE OF THE FLUNKY'S HE WORKS WITH ON HIS OWN EVER TELL HIM SOMETHING SUCKS(SEE GITD).

So true...
15th May 2006 08:50 AM
corgi37 Believe it, ten thousand, believe it. 8 years wait between new releases, and ABB barely squeaks past 500,000 in the U.S. and just a bit better world wide.

Nah, thats it.
15th May 2006 07:13 PM
texile good idea spru -
but mick, for all his ego, doesn't seem confident enough to embark on a TRULY solo album.
he seems to feel the need for lame but POPULAR "special guests" like rob thomas and kravitz to prop him up.
on his own, he CAN be a bit indulgent but remember,
the mick of yore made ghs, iorr, black and blue and some girls essentially on his own....
he just needs a fire under his ass.
15th May 2006 10:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Believe it, ten thousand, believe it. 8 years wait between new releases, and ABB barely squeaks past 500,000 in the U.S. and just a bit better world wide.

Nah, thats it.

At least it doubled the worldwide sales of GITD.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)