ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Euro Tour scheduled to start on June 1 according to St Petersburg promoter (St Petersburg Times) Return to archive
11th May 2006 06:06 PM
Gazza By Sergey Chernov

The Rolling Stones will perform in St. Petersburg on June 13 as scheduled, the local concert’s promoter PMI said in a statement this week.

PMI confronted press reports that the local concert, which is the only Russian show on the band’s current tour, may be canceled due to an accident involving the Stones’ guitarist Keith Richards.

Richards, 62, underwent surgery on Monday to relieve pressure on his brain. The operation involved drilling a hole in his skull to drain blood from the brain, the New Zealand Herald reported on Thursday.

According to the paper, his spokeswoman, Fran Curtis, said Richards would be staying in Auckland as an outpatient and would be returning to the hospital for check-ups.

Richards injured his head when he fell out of a coconut tree while on holiday in Fiji at the end of the Stones’ tour of New Zealand and Australia.

“The only changes in the previously planned schedule will affect Spain,” said PMI, adding that the concerts in Barcelona and Madrid, originally due to be held on May 27 and 29, respectively, will be postponed.

“The band has confirmed that the European leg of the tour will start on June 1,” said PMI. “Before that, on doctors’ advice, Keith Richards is not to strain himself physically and should have several weeks’ rest.”

Tickets were available from the local box offices this week costing between 1,500 (standing) and 4,000 rubles ($55 to $148.)

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=17565
11th May 2006 06:07 PM
Gazza Must admit I find that June 1st start date a bit over-optimistic considering its been reported that paris (June 3rd) is being put back until June 30th, but I've posted the news story because the promoter has said he heard this from the band (or presumably their management)

And the talk that Keith needs "several weeks rest" seems at odds with a June 1st start as that is only 3 weeks away
[Edited by Gazza]
11th May 2006 07:33 PM
Soldatti Too good to be true, but who knows...
11th May 2006 07:46 PM
glencar Too much at stake!
11th May 2006 09:01 PM
mrhipfl Damn it! I'm in the wrong St. Petersburg! Tampa bay shows always blow.
12th May 2006 02:29 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat If he can play June 1st, then he can play may 27th. Several weeks rest, means starting the tour in July if you ask me.
12th May 2006 05:22 AM
Gazza with shows being two days apart, its natural that whenever they re-start, anyone who was going to be at a show a couple of days earlier is going to feel that, but there has to be a cut-off point I suppose

A poster on IORR who says he works in the hotel business says that the Stones have cancelled their hotel reservation for Brussels for June 1st.

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,426613

No surprise, considering Paris two days later is almost certainly off.

However, there hasnt been a sniff of a rumour about postponements of any shows after that, so maybe at the minute the initial hope is for postponements of as few as four shows.

Still think thats pretty optimistic, though.
[Edited by Gazza]
12th May 2006 05:32 AM
FotiniD I know this is a silly question, but based on previous experience when do you think we'll know which shows are postponed and for when?

I'm thinking of a triple Vienna - Milan - Athens gig for me, but I don't know what'll be with the dates and all.
12th May 2006 05:43 AM
Gazza I really dont think we'll know for sure until its Ok for Keith to fly home. Hopefully by that time it'll also be clear whether or not his motor skills have been affected and how that translates into his ability to play a guitar.

I'm just guessing but I would hope we'd hear something more concrete in a week or so. After all, the only 2 shows so far confirmed as postponed are the two Spsnish ones and Brussels is under 3 weeks away.
12th May 2006 09:29 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Damn it! I'm in the wrong St. Petersburg! Tampa bay shows always blow.

Come on, this past Tampa show was good. My first was at the old sombaro for VL and that was probably the best time in my life. I know the set-list for no-security was awesome, but my nose bleeds distorted the sound terribly.

13th May 2006 12:16 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=ROLSTO&PSKey=Y

Sorry if this is old news, according to Pollstar this morning, the European Tour kicks off June 1 in Bussels. I noticed rollingstones.com hasn't updated it's tour dates yet so don't know how reliable Pollstar's information is. Usually they're on target.
13th May 2006 12:28 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Sorry if this is old news, according to Pollstar this morning, the European Tour kicks off June 1 in Bussels. I noticed rollingstones.com hasn't updated it's tour dates yet so don't know how reliable Pollstar's information is. Usually they're on target.

Pollstar just removed Barcelona and Madrid from their list when it was confirmed that those two dates were postponed. Leaving Brussels as the first show, but I wouldn't consider Pollstar a "source" in the matter.
13th May 2006 01:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=ROLSTO&PSKey=Y

Agree with Erik's take on it. Brussels is by default the opening show at present only because Madrid and barcelona are so far the only shows that have been officially postponed.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th May 2006 05:31 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Come on, this past Tampa show was good. My first was at the old sombaro for VL and that was probably the best time in my life. I know the set-list for no-security was awesome, but my nose bleeds distorted the sound terribly.

The stones did put on a great show, but the sound at the st. pete times forum is really bad unless you have a good seat. The audience also sits through the whole show.
15th May 2006 05:49 PM
speedfreakjive my opinion is that if his friends and family are saying he is ok, then he will hopefully be ok to play in about a month.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)