ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forty Licks Fanclub presents the FLF Bigger Bash Stones convention. Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st April 2006 11:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Forty Licks Fanclub is organizing a huge international Stones convention, called the FLF Bigger Bash. This is to take place in Amsterdam by the end of July, when the Stones are playing there.

Parts of the programme privided by the juf:

• Several leading art galleries in Amsterdam & Rotterdam will exhibit Stones related art (paintings of Ronnie Wood, Philip Townsend pics, Corbijn, etc.)
  • We will welcome the Stones outside the Amstel Hotel in a traditional Dutch way.....!
  • FLF has organized a jazz gig for Tim Ries at the Amsterdam jazz venue the Bimhuis, to take place on 29/7, the Rolling Stones Project, feat. B.Fowler, Michael Davis etc.
  • Stonesfans from all over the planet gather at Paradiso club on 31 July (in between the two Amsterdam Stones concerts) for the Bigger Bash, a convention with lectures, exhibition of Stones collections, canal boat trips, books, cds, dvds, attendance of Stones celebs (Pat Andrews, Dick Hattrell, Dick Taylor), and a Bigger Band at night(tba, but very, very special!).

We can assure you that this will be one of the biggest Stones gatherings the planet has ever known!!!!!!!!!

FLF looks forward to welcoming fans from everywhere. See you in Amsterdam!

Regular updates on the programme on fortylicksfanclub.com

I'm saving for Spain and this one!
3rd April 2006 02:30 PM
thejuf Forty Licks Fanclub hopes to welcome a lot of RO members!

[Edited by thejuf]
3rd April 2006 03:23 PM
Saint Sway will they be selling any weed at this thing?
3rd April 2006 04:18 PM
kath it's amsterdam. you go buy your own weed......certainly FLFC would not sell weed!
3rd April 2006 10:52 PM
Saint Sway No buds at this? That just doesnt seem right.

Whats the bar with the giant Stones tongue on the front called? I recomend going there. Some chill "coffee shops" right in that little square too.

see also: The Grasshopper. And magic tea and brownies for breakfast at the Yellow Submarine.
4th April 2006 05:26 AM
Jumacfly that s a hell of a program!!
concrats to 40licks fan club!!

ps: Pauline, say hi to Philippe my italian pal who s working with you
4th April 2006 12:10 PM
glencar DO THIS IN LONDON! TIA!
5th April 2006 11:44 AM
FPM C10 Wow! That's taking place on my birthday...I wish someone would foot the bill to send me there so I can pout in a coffee shop across the street from it!

TIA!
5th April 2006 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Whats the bar with the giant Stones tongue on the front called?

its commonly known as the "Stones Bar" I believe.

Presume you mean the one in Leidseplein
5th April 2006 11:59 AM
Saint Sway OK. So whats the one with the Bulldog on it called?

no wait... lemme guess...
7th April 2006 01:42 AM
thejuf
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
that s a hell of a program!!
concrats to 40licks fan club!!

ps: Pauline, say hi to Philippe my italian pal who s working with you

I will, Jumac!
Can we expect you in Amsterdam?

Re: pot:
yes, FLF is NOT selling pot , but it is available on the other end of the street(on the Leidseplein) . Part of the Amsterdam experience.
7th April 2006 03:39 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
its commonly known as the "Stones Bar" I believe.
Presume you mean the one in Leidseplein

It's actually called the Black & White cafe I think.
8th April 2006 01:52 PM
thejuf ok, the first act for Paradiso 31/7 has been confirmed:
Chris Jagger's Atcha!

Chris has just released a great new album, called 'Act of Faith", with a contribution of his brother Mick: 'DJ Blues'. The album will also be available at Paradiso on 31/7.

FLF will start selling tickets soon via Ticketmaster.com, but don't worry, it will be announced on RO as well! For those who want to be updated first: there is a free newsletter in English, subscription via www.fortylicksfanclub.com.
8th April 2006 02:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great news!! Chris new album is great and the duet with Mick very good

Congratulations!
8th April 2006 08:55 PM
kath incredibly cool!!!!!!!!
10th April 2006 12:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

It's actually called the Black & White cafe I think.

Angiegirl, did you catch the Crowes in Amsterdam this month?
11th April 2006 09:40 PM
kath this amsterdam gig is gonna be stupendous!!!!!! i'm tellin' you guys...get there if you can!!!!
13th April 2006 02:11 PM
thejuf we had a meeting on the BB yesterday ,the programme is just getting better and better! For fans from outside Holland who want to attend the Bigger Bash on 31 July: tickets will soon be sold via the internet (Ticketmaster). Tickets for Tim Ries' gig on 29 July are sold via the Bimhuis. Please note: These are two separate gigs!

For those who still require Stones tix for 30 July and 1 August: IORR is also a great help when it comes to buying Stones tickets. Please beware of so-called ticket offices on the internet: nine out of ten are a complete rip-off! However, there are some tickets available via the FLF website, go to 'Nederlands, Tickets Europa'. These are offered on a non-profit basis by Dutch fans, but please note that FLF is NOT responsible for the consequences of the transactions. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to send an email.

13th April 2006 03:33 PM
kath i didn't have the info about how to access tickets to bimhaus...so glad it is posted here for you lucky folks going!!

gonna be a gas, gas GAS!!!
14th April 2006 05:17 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff WHAO!
I want to B there!!!!!!
Very cool, I want to come really, me, my girl and friends...Hey JULES, wher are you? are you ready??
15th April 2006 03:01 AM
thejuf There will be a stage built in the Amsterdam ArenA! There was a rumour that European stadiums would be too small to have the stage, but RS fanasylum sent an email yesterday telling that the European tour will bring the stage to some larger venues.

But Paradiso has its own stage.......
[Edited by thejuf]
15th April 2006 04:58 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

see also: The Grasshopper. And magic tea and brownies for breakfast at the Yellow Submarine.

Shame they didn't have some of these activities planned when I saw the Stones in Amsterdam back in 2003 (lousy concert as I remember- great setlist but the performance & sound were way below average). However, the experience itself was incredible. Spent a few afternoons wasted away in the Grasshopper.

Love the entire Leidseplein scene. Great place to unwind at night (food, beer, and anything else that might strike your fancy). Always spend some TIME at a place called Rookies while I'm in town. Leidseplein is good for one's soul and spirit.
16th April 2006 02:25 AM
thejuf that is because Forty Licks Fanclub didn't exist at the time. we all met outside the Amstel hotel and our chairman Robin Scherrenburg suggested we start up FLF. Hence the name. We made a tentative start in autumn 2003 and the very first website was launched in 2004. Now we try our very best to organize concert trips(NY,London,Cardiff and Barcelona), fan gatherings and do all kind of promotional activities. Organizing the BB is a dream come true, but it is bloody hard work, 24/7, since we all have our jobs and families.... but it will be worth it!
16th April 2006 06:46 AM
DizzyDutchman what are the ticket prices for the FLF Bigger Bash @ paradiso???

Michael
17th April 2006 07:57 AM
thejuf We cannot tell yet, since we are still busy finalizing the programme, but it will be affordable .
It is our wish to share a great time with Stonesfans; ripping off fans is definitely NOT part of our programme.
Hopefully very soon we will be able to inform RO about prices of Tim Ries' gig at the Amsterdam Bimhuis and the FLF BB!
17th April 2006 09:28 AM
DizzyDutchman
quote:
thejuf wrote:
We cannot tell yet, since we are still busy finalizing the programme, but it will be affordable .
It is our wish to share a great time with Stonesfans; ripping off fans is definitely NOT part of our programme.
Hopefully very soon we will be able to inform RO about prices of Tim Ries' gig at the Amsterdam Bimhuis and the FLF BB!

ok! that's good news!
i hope it stays under the 100 euro's
i already spend enough money on tickets and stuff like that, so if the FLF is asking a nice price i'll go for it, if not, i'll have to let it go y'know
but i'll wait and see....

thanks for the info Juf

by the way, why aren't you a member of the Dutch Stonesforum.nl anymore?
we miss you!!!

Dizzy
17th April 2006 03:54 PM
thejuf most certainly NOT 100 euros....!!!
19th April 2006 02:11 AM
jackstone a great big party coming up i read..
with probably one of the best side kicks in stones country...

CHRIS JAGGER and band all at the bigger bash in paradiso amsterdam...
19th April 2006 09:58 AM
Brian1942 The Bigger Bash Party is THE most exciting event you can visit between the two Amsterdam Arena concerts and there are rumours that a brother of a certain Chris Jagger is coming to do a duet wih his brother but that is not(yet)cofirmed hope to see you there ,i think you won't be sorry
friendly regards Arie
19th April 2006 10:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
WHAO!
I want to B there!!!!!!
Very cool, I want to come really, me, my girl and friends...Hey JULES, wher are you? are you ready??

Hi Fabio!!
hey, why not??
cheers
jU
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)