ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buddy Guy Return to archive
05-13-03 08:49 PM
keefa I just bought tickets to see Buddy Guy and also Aretha Franklin (not togeather), anyone ever see them in concert? How are they live?
05-14-03 12:05 AM
parmeda Keefa...you are in for a treat with BOTH shows!

Buddy has a groove that is intoxicating.
Aretha...well, she's ARETHA!

Enjoy them both and report back! I've seen Buddy a gazzillion times and I'd be interested in hearing what you thought. (Aretha, only twice...but, quite memorable.)
05-14-03 06:16 AM
keefa Thanks, you really got me exited! I'm sure I will enjoy them and i'll be sure to report back!

keefa
05-14-03 06:49 AM
F505 The only problem with Buddy: he is too much of a showman. He should play his guitar more and talk less.
[Edited by F505]
05-14-03 09:18 AM
telecaster I saw Buddy with The Stones in 98 in Chicago and he was great. He hardly talked at all and played and sounded great.

BTW they just closed his blues bar in Chicago, health violations. Hopefully it will open soon

Something about rat droppings

05-14-03 09:41 AM
GimmeExile Buddy Guy puts on a loose, fun blues show that feels like a party, music history lesson (he plays bits of dozens of classic blues songs, telling the story behind them). It's hard to distinguish one song from the next, as he teases the audience with riffs and licks, abandons them and then goes into another song, stops and makes a comment and goes into another song...It sounds annoying (sometimes it is), but most of the times it's great.

05-14-03 09:44 AM
steel driving hammer It's always a crowd pleaser when he does Damm Right I Got The Blues ain't it!

He a cool catfish.
05-15-03 09:12 AM
telecaster If you visit Buddys eat someplace else first!

"A rat spotted by a patron at blues icon Buddy Guy's bar and restaurant has led to its closing.

The city health department shut Buddy Guy's Legends, 754 S. Wabash, on Monday after inspectors found evidence of rat infestation in a food storage area.

Department spokesman Tim Hadac said inspectors were responding to a call late last week to the city's 311 information and complaint number by a customer.

Rat feces were found in the basement. "We literally stopped counting at 250,'' said Hadac.

Food was also being held at unsafe temperatures and doors had gaps that allowed rodents into the building, Hadac said."

05-15-03 11:11 AM
parmeda BUDDY GUY'S LEGENDS GETS CITY'S OK TO REOPEN

Chicago SunTimes
May 15, 2003
BY ANDREW HERRMANN Staff Reporter

Cue the band: Buddy Guy's blues bar and restaurant is back in business.

City inspectors gave Buddy Guy's Legends, 754 S. Wabash, a clean bill of health Wednesday, permitting the popular nightclub to reopen.

The city health department closed Legends earlier this week after inspectors found evidence of rats in a basement food storage area. Inspectors were called to the restaurant after someone called the city's 311 information and complaint number.

On Wednesday, Legends executive chef Jason Girard blamed the recent heavy rains for the problem. He said rainwater had backed up in the basement and that rats had gotten in through the sewer.

"We've cleaned up the basement and sealed the doors,'' said Girard. "I'd say we're the cleanest restaurant in town.''

Earlier this week, city inspectors had found food being stored in a cooler at unsafe temperatures and ordered Legends to throw away some 55 pounds of gumbo, jambalaya and greens.

To be safe, Girard said he emptied all of the restaurant's coolers, disposing of about 600 pounds of food.

He added the restaurant employs a regular exterminator.

A city spokeswoman said Legends still faces up to $1,250 in fines from the earlier violations.

The two-story structure, built in the 1920s, is owned by Columbia College, which has plans to demolish it for an expansion.

Girard says the lease for the restaurant runs through 2005.

Tele...I wanted to puke when I heard the story the other day. (We were there 2 weeks ago! YUCK!!!) But, I'm a glutton for punishment...I'll go back, LOL.
05-15-03 03:09 PM
telecaster Ouch Pam, hope you are ok. Remember always drink bottled beer or hard liquor

Hope you didn't have a nice stale meat burger with some
warm 20 old day mayo!

I don't see the food at Buddy's being great but the music is and that is why we go

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003