ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new video on rs.com - keith talks setlists Return to archive
05-13-03 08:00 PM
T&A just posted - Keith talks for 45 seconds about plans to expand the repetoire of songs they will play. won't hint about which songs - says he doesn't know for sure yet. But, he alludes to the rehearsals that he's getting ready for having some new numbers -and not just those that we might already be expecting. Sounds interesting....also, the fact that the Stones posted this themselves on their own website pretty much ensures that they will follow through.

I say - BRING IT ON!!!!!
05-13-03 08:42 PM
Gazza they always say that, though

Proof of the pudding is in the eating,as they say

the setlists since the turn of the year have been very predictable..(theyve added about two or three songs in 2003 and even THEY have been performed only a couple of times) and in the case of the Japanese and particularly Australian tours especially, noticeably truncated.

Historically,by the time the tour hits Europe theres very little surprises. At least this year with some arena and club shows for a change (and particularly so many in the UK - surely they'll be aware that many of us are going to SEVERAL of these shows) theres some hope that they might mix it up and take some chances,but I wouldnt take much stock on what Keith hypes up. It'd be interesting to see how much rehearsal time they put aside for the European leg. If its only a few days, I can't see them bringing in too many new songs unless they work them up during soundchecks.
05-13-03 08:47 PM
T&A Gazza:

I'm in general agreement with your take on this. But, I was surprised that the Stones chose to use their own forum to tell us this. I mean - they are under no obligation here whatsoever. I took that to mean that KR had something he wanted us to know....And, of course, no one is expecting radical reconstruction of the setlist - but maybe a Flight 505 here and a Parachute Woman there wouldn't be expecting too much...
05-13-03 08:52 PM
steel driving hammer I remember when most of thought that Around And Around would be the opener.

Remember that?

That or Have You Seen Your Word To Your Mother Baby!

Both yet to be played.

I say, bring on the old ones like,,,

Lady Jane (I must take my leave, for promised I am) Goose Bumps!
Mothers Little Helper
Dandelion

You know, those Beatlesq type numbers to shove it in Paul face.
05-13-03 10:17 PM
McQueen There we go again with Paul. I would caution against shoving anything in his sweet puckered face. The man still has his chompers!

As to the set list, c'mon now, just wait and see. Perhaps a few interesting surprises are in store for ya all.
05-14-03 02:06 AM
Moonisup I think I agree with Gazza, normally they don't throw that many new numbers in the Euro-leg of a tour, but well you never know, this time can be the first time...
[Edited by Moonisup]
05-14-03 07:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man But WHY do the setlists get shorter?

Were the Australian and Japan shows any shorter?

If the shows are the same length, well, it COMPLETLEY beyond my understanding!

Alex
05-14-03 07:29 AM
fmk438j Would anyone agree it is highly likely they pull out a real rarity for Vredenburg?

That brings up the question, which I will just post in a new thread.

05-15-03 05:41 AM
marko Theres been a lot differences on the lenght of the shows.
I just took time from every show what i have from licks tour.Longest one seems to be HBO show and,also the 1.16 new
york show runs about 2 hours 15mins.
Boston gillette was long,also suprise is that,Columbus was
one of longest shows.
Aussies,you got the SHORTEST ones.So far longest show you got was 1st melbourne,2h 6mins.While other were lot shorter
than 2hours,Brisbane shows about 110mins.
While Budokan with 19songs,like Brisbane,,budokan is over
2hours,that 2hr 8mins.
So i guess thay play by the mood,how they feel like it.
let see what we europeans are going to get!
05-16-03 11:31 AM
oldkr we wont be hearing little T&a from keith ! probably a second punt at 'you dont have to mean it' , 'cant be seen' and poss a couple of accoustic keef ballads of old , no new album tracks yet im afraid folks

OLDKR

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003