ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ...Rolling Stones Cancel Belgrade Concert... Return to archive
05-13-03 10:29 AM
crashbandicoot001 ...from Yahoo News...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030513/ap_en_mu/rolling_stones_serbia_3

Rolling Stones Cancel Belgrade Concert

BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro - The Rolling Stones have canceled their planned concert in Belgrade due to security concerns following the assassination of Serbia's prime minister in March, organizers said Tuesday.

The Belgrade-based "Komuna" agency, which booked the Stones in the Serbian capital, said the group felt that their safety could be at risk after the March 12 slaying of pro-democracy premier Zoran Djindjic.

Maksa Catovic, Komuna's chief manager, said on the phone that the band first informed the agency that the concert was off only days after Djindjic was killed.

Komuna, backed by the Serbian government and some Western embassies, then tried to persuade them to change their mind but lawyers for the group "informed us today that the concert is definitely canceled," Catovic said.

Serbian authorities declared a state of emergency after Djindjic was killed and launched a major sweep against an underworld clan they accused of masterminding the slaying. The emergency measures were abolished in April, but tensions still persist.

The concert was to be held Aug. 2, as part of a 22-city Stones tour that started in Boston in September.

The Stones performance would have been the first ever in Serbia � a former communist Yugoslav republic, which faced years of isolation in the past decade under ex-President Slobodan Milosevic.

05-13-03 10:30 AM
jb Poor ticket sales?.......
[Edited by jb]
05-13-03 10:43 AM
erikjjf Tickets were never available for this show.
05-13-03 10:46 AM
jb Oh!
05-13-03 10:51 AM
vampire I bet after Europe they will come to Brazil and South America.
The economy here is going well again and people love Stones...Let's cross the fingers, JJF!
05-13-03 11:21 AM
Tom
quote:
jb wrote:
Poor tickets sales

Poor sales when the tickets were never available? As usual just posting bullshit to increase your posts, of those 4,183 posts there ain't nothing worth reading
05-13-03 11:24 AM
jb Tom you just read it !!!!!!!!!!! And you only have a measly 227 posts!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
05-13-03 11:27 AM
vampire Guys, what do you think about it? Any chance they really come?
Thanks for your opinion...

[Edited by vampire]
05-13-03 11:28 AM
jb To South America....of course Vampire. South America has some of the most frenzied RS fans in the world. The shows in Brazil and Argentina are legendary.....
05-13-03 01:36 PM
Madafaka I said it a lot of times... WE NEED STONES!
05-13-03 02:01 PM
Joey " The shows in Brazil and Argentina are legendary....."

You raise an interesting point my Boca living , Ft. Lauderdale visiting pal .

I have often thought about how my own life has benefited from the Brazilian flavor that satiates ..........................**************** { JACKY !!!!!!!!!!!! } **************** ...........................

********* END TRANSMISSION ! *************

05-13-03 10:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Too bad, sorry Voja , you now need to make it to London

05-13-03 10:17 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I have told you this before in private, in public, what�s next? A header dedicated to let you know how to behave?

That's probably the best idea I've heard all day, Voodoo.

In related news, I'm really sad to hear that the boys keep cancelling shows. Sure, they have their own interests, and also try to keep the best interests of the touring crew in mind... but it still saddens me. We're the fans, you know... I just hope they can reschedule, like they did w/ Bridges in '99. (after No Security).
05-13-03 10:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
And you only have a measly 227 posts!!!!!!

Have you no shame jb? Do you think amount matters? We have people with less than 10 messages who have contributed more significantly than you with your daily flooding. Well in fact and to be honest I don't see a real contribution coming from you, just chat, and this is not a chat room.

If it ain't one thing it�s another: offensive posting, aggressive replies, racism, off-topic, irrelevant flooding, politics, lies (like the one above), superficial comments, wrong answers, inaccurate or false information, excess of anti-beatles and anti-Dylan and anti-etc, money, money, sex with your secretary, repetitive tracks, anti-cool stuff, and much more, how many times we need to warn you jb?

Again we�re receiving complaints about you.

I have told you this before in private, in public, what�s next? A header dedicated to let you know how to behave?

You have 4,189 messages in 13 months, that gives an average of 11 posts/day but since you don�t post on weekends, the average goes up to 15 messages per day. Can you summarize your contribution to the board?

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-14-03 02:22 AM
Moonisup If they won't do belgrade, they have almost a week of, so maybe Belgium has a chance,
05-14-03 09:24 AM
telecaster
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:

In related news, I'm really sad to hear that the boys keep cancelling shows. Sure, they have their own interests, and also try to keep the best interests of the touring crew in mind... but it still saddens me. We're the fans, you know... I just hope they can reschedule, like they did w/ Bridges in '99. (after No Security).

You can't blame them at all for cancelling this show due to the situation, I am sure they would be glad to play there.

Turns out they did the right thing in China, etc as SARS
was much worse than anyone thought
05-14-03 10:58 AM
jb I thought I was quite complimentary of South America Vodoo...and I was only responding to "Toms" nasty post regarding the amount of posts he had....I feel like you are letting a few people prejudice your opinion of my contributions...if you talk to some of the regulars like Parmeda, Telecaster, Moonisup, Joey, Max, Nanker,Throbby, Gypsymofo, Factory Girl, etc , I think they would have a more fair and balanced view of my contributions...I think I add a lot to the board and I am saddened by your post. I always thought of you, Jaxx, and Gazza as friends and appreciate the latitude you have given me despite the vocal minority who have from ther outset, loathed and despised me out of petty jealousy...

[Edited by jb]
05-14-03 11:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok, no problem, keep posting as long as you posts don't have any of the following:

• offensive posting
  • aggressive replies
  • racism
  • off-topic
  • 180 degrees turns to the original topic
  • irrelevant flooding
  • politics
  • lies (like the one above)
  • superficial comments
  • wrong answers (well sometimes you don't know)
  • inaccurate or false information
  • excess of anti-beatles and anti-Dylan and anti-etc, just a small dose LOL
  • money, money, money, money, money
  • repetitive tracks
  • anti-cool stuff

I'm sure that using that check-list before posting there won't be more problems anymore
05-14-03 11:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl btw, don't worry too much, this thread (...Rolling Stones Cancel Belgrade Concert...) is not being read by many of the regulars, it's almost like a private message.

Just let me know that you have read and I will delete all the off-topic in this thread,including your messages, Tom's and mine
05-14-03 11:46 AM
jb Yes Vodoo...did you get my PM?
05-14-03 12:01 PM
icydanger None of my business really
but, since this is subject to deletion

Two questions

- if the situation became unbearable for Mrs JB and she filed for divorce, would the posts here be evidence ? to this a lawyer could reply...

- since we all have different values isn�t it normal some of us feel uncomfortable witnessing the public collapse of an institution called marriag? (second degree, maybe... reminds me of BC)
05-14-03 12:05 PM
jb LOl..technically it would be hearsey and inadmissible but it would come in under an exception related to statements against ones own self interests...with that said, Vodoo, please delete all posts related to my secretary...
[Edited by jb]
05-14-03 12:29 PM
steel driving hammer I already printed them out...
05-14-03 12:32 PM
jb SDH....please shred asap...your Gasx3 supporter..JB
05-14-03 12:37 PM
steel driving hammer True, I was just kidding!

But, I think you can use them as evidence in court.
05-14-03 03:34 PM
Joey " If you talk to some of the regulars like Parmeda, Telecaster, Moonisup, Joey, Max, Nanker,Throbby, Gypsymofo, Factory Girl, etc , I think they would have a more fair and balanced view of my contributions...I think I add a lot to the board and ........................... "

I wish you would add a lot more to my Cedar Plate !

STONES !

JACKY !

05-14-03 06:36 PM
icydanger I see
ty

I didn�t mean to make anybody feel paranoiac,

it kind of bewilders me to realize what some try and keep secret: amount of money earned, frequentations and so on, is thrown in the open when one knows the harm rumours and scandals can do to people ( in the case of Pete I wouldn�t blame the police but the press same as with BC or lots of other "news")

Its difficult to come backwards on a bad media image who sadly can cause damage -not to the talent but to how people perceive their art.
(Wasn't Tommy victim of his own image?)

Anyhow, I think Voodoo would have a hell of a job erasing all those how many???? -sometimes funny posts.

05-14-03 09:44 PM
Lazy Bones Maybe they cancelled the show because of plans to play a free concert in Toronto between 28 July and 7 August?
Thus, giving the city the boost they need to get back on their feet after SARS knocked them on their ass!

05-15-03 02:07 AM
marcus aurelianus OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED :

THE ROLLING STONES WILL PLAY IN BELGIUM ON 2ND AUGUST:
IN WERCHTER ....

http://www.feestival.be/
05-16-03 02:41 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
vampire wrote:
I bet after Europe they will come to Brazil and South America.
The economy here is going well again and people love Stones...Let's cross the fingers, JJF!

Yeah, damn right compatriot, damn right again....."Fazendo figas". What ridiculous expression that one from our brazilian folklore

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003