ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: May 12 ,1972 Return to archive
05-12-03 01:04 PM
Maxmeister Exile on Main Street was released both in the US and UK 31 years ago today.
As if anyone needs an excuse to play this ultimate Stones album, but today it's extra special.

Rick
05-12-03 01:07 PM
sirfito weel, i agree.
It's a very good reason for hear it once again!
Best,
Fito
05-12-03 01:31 PM
steel driving hammer Word to everyone's Mother!

Even the Sacred Bleeding Heart of Jesus!
05-12-03 01:37 PM
jb Nice call SDH...unequivocally the greatest album in rock history and better than the best albums put out by the Beatles, Dylan, and the like.
And by the way, Exile is far superior to Sgt. Pepper and the White Album....the so called classic Beatles albums which IMHO, are not even rock albums, but studio garbage which are highly overrated.
[Edited by jb]
05-12-03 01:49 PM
steel driving hammer Beatles were more Pop than Rock.

While the Beatles were holding your hand...

The Stones were Walking The Dog...

And if you don't know how to doit, let the Stones show you.
05-12-03 01:57 PM
jb And shitty pop...can you believe "yesterday" has been recorded by more artists than any other song...this is unmitigated garbage...Yellow Submarine, Paperback writer, Penny lane, Eleanor Rigby, tax man, help, etc...rreally weak pop tunes ...thank god the Stones came around and put the Fag Four in their place...they coould not keep up with LIB, BB, and after a measly 10 years, quit b/c they couldn't control their women ......I'm glad I'm fucking my secretary!!!
05-12-03 02:08 PM
steel driving hammer No Joey today?

Must of had one too many at Charelston's last night.

Btw, do you think Paul McCartney's wife wishes it was Mick in the bed, instead of Paul.

05-12-03 02:14 PM
jb Paul has a wooden penis..........
05-12-03 03:08 PM
steel driving hammer Hey it's also Ian McLagen's Birthday today!

Hey I'm in the market for a new Plasma TV, any suggestions?
05-12-03 04:08 PM
jb Where is the wooden shoe?
05-12-03 04:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Hey I'm in the market for a new Plasma TV, any suggestions?

My father saved up for, erm, ever, I guess, and bought one. They're pretty cool, but I'd wait for the price to go down. We have a Sony.

As for Paul's pijoinker, who cares? I'd advise you to take a closer listen to "Taxman", JB, that killer guitar riff is McCartney. I'm not denying he's had his ups and downs, but you can't deny, some of his good stuff was reaaaaaaaaally damn good, just as his bad stuff is almost always immmmmmmmmmpossible to listen to. Some of his stuff makes "Indian Girl" sound like "Jumping Jack Flash".

-tSYX --- Mr. Gringo, my father, he's a gas gas gas!
05-12-03 04:39 PM
Lazy Bones Wasn't Exile released on 26 May 1972?

05-12-03 05:07 PM
Joey " Wasn't Exile released on 26 May 1972? "

No Lazy , ' 26 May 1972 ' is the day I was released from the " Hanoi Hilton " .

{{{{{{{{ JOEY CONG }}}}}}}}}}
05-12-03 05:15 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Where is the wooden shoe?

still there, no need to worry

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003