ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I miss you guys, all my friends.... Return to archive
05-11-03 11:09 PM
J.J.Flash Hi fellas.... damn, what a fuckin' long time I don't talk with you in our beloved board....... Well, I am only here, to tell you I'm felling a little bit strange..... I don't know how "STRANGE". In fact, I can't write a single line.... I can't write nothing....I don't know what's going on..... I don't know what's the reason....maybe kinda depressed, but without show this feeling to friends and family, the people around me......
Well, the reason for reveal my feelings, particulary, this bad feeling is due to the good vibes, which I obtained after join in this board and met all of you...... surely, great and lovely people around the World, everyone, North American, Argentinean, Mexican, Dutch, Irish, British, everybody.... Don't worry with this "letter". Again, I'm only writing this, because I can't write nothing in this board these last days, I don't know what's goin' on.
The last thing to say for you, before sleep is: Rocks Off Regulars, you are the best, the best people, REALLY. Trust me! How about the Unholy Trinity...... Take care, everybody, every member here......
See you! Keep Rockin'
05-11-03 11:12 PM
full moon The Friday The 13th theme is now playing.......
05-11-03 11:19 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
full moon wrote:
The Friday The 13th theme is now playing.......

Sorry Full Moon, I didn't understand your joke.
Anyway, I was writing about how much I like this board..... and how good all regulars are. I'm tired now, must sleep.
later!
05-11-03 11:24 PM
full moon I hear ya friend.. Just jiving...
05-12-03 02:38 AM
Madafaka Be cool brother! Everything is gonna be alright Trust me.
Wish you the best.

Max
05-12-03 07:43 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Doncha worry, J.J. Flash!

I guess everyone kinda goes through that "I'm a little depressed and don't quite know why" type thing every once in awhile.

My advice?

Stones. Lots of 'em. I've always found Love You Live really picks me up when I'm feelin' down, especially "Crackin' Up" from the El Moc side.
Keep on rockin'!

-tSYX --- Jump to tha left jump jump jump jump jump...
05-12-03 08:35 AM
steel driving hammer Do, do, do doot, do doo n' do doot
Don't you worry try a little harder
Girl really wants you man
Don't you see you gotta give her all the lovin' that she needs,
gotta try
Try it one more time
Gotta try, try it one more time

Give her lovin' that's a little stronger
Give her lovin' that's a little stronger
If you with your baby when the day turns to night, you gotta
give
her lovin' make her feel all right, it's all right
It's all right. Try one more time. It's all right

Say goodnight and stay a little longer
Have to keep her from cryin' then you got to try to work
pretty
hard to keep her satisfied
Just try, try it one more time. Try it one more time. Gotta try
Try a little harder. Try a little harder. Try a little harder
Try a little harder. try a little harder
If you with your baby when the day turns to night, you gotta
give
her lovin' make her feel all right, gotta try
05-12-03 08:55 AM
vampire Hey JJ, try forget the bad feeling and...keep it up!

Hey, did you ever buy those new Stones releases?
For now I bought only Metamorphosis, but I didnt receive it yet.

I'm thinkin' in buy Let It Bleed and Beggars Banquet as well. Do you think is a good idea?

I'm wondering if these new releaes are actually super audio or just regular audio...do you know something about it?

Well, I have to go until "my man" to buy some blank TDK, you know? Here in my city we call "camel�dromo", i dont know if exist a English word for that. Something like black market i guess...

Hey, take care! Monday morning sux, anyway! I had to take a Prozac when I woke up this morning. Depression is a very common thing to me...

I will see my doctor this week and ask him something better. Efexor is one the best i know. See? I'm very into this matter

[Edited by vampire]
05-12-03 09:40 AM
steel driving hammer A Don't Stop, heedala bakie dOOOOn't stop, he bout a hoNEEEEAY!
05-12-03 11:16 AM
Martha J.J. Flash,

Hi sweetie! I am sorry you are not feeling like yourself right now. I struggle with deperssion also and do not take the anit-madness drugs since they are so strong they make me hallucinate...and I'm less functional than when I'm simply depressed. So I've taken to smoking a little bit of chiba for the symptoms (just very small amounts... two or three hits in the evening and that is all). And that has really helped me to stabilize. It can be used medicinally if not abused is my belief. It helped me regain my appetite too, which I had lost for over two months and lost weight that I cannot really afford to lose. Of course, Dr.'s will not agree with what I am doing, but then the pharmacutical companies do not give him any perks for this medication...so I take that with a grain of salt. I just know it is mild, it works and I feel much better if I do not overindulge. It is all about balance. I work out too which always helps me to thwart the depression. It is so helpful that I am admant about keeping up with a 5-6 day routine.

Then of course, anything Stones related will fortify me for the day....hour,or moment. Ya Ya's perhpas?!

And..... reaching out to the people you love and feel supported and accepted by is certainly a healthy thing to do. :-) Glad you let us know you have ,,,,the blues. All the great musicians and writers have them. You are in very good company.

I know the sun will come back out for you....hang in there!

lots of love,
Martha
05-12-03 11:39 AM
rogerriffin pasatela chido cabr�n!!!
05-12-03 11:49 AM
steel driving hammer Baby Steps....

05-12-03 01:05 PM
sirfito Hey man, be cool! and keep on roling!
Cheers,
Fito

P.S.: tonite i'm gonna play "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Get Yer...version) for you in my cd player.All the best for you.
05-12-03 11:21 PM
J.J.Flash Oh, what a great pleasure, great, really, I'm touched with all these kind words. Yes, of course, kind words from kind people. Savage, Fito, Martha, Vampire, Madafaka, Full Moon, Steelie, Roger, everybody, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
In fact, I don't consider myself as a ALWAYS-DEPRESSED person. I try to be always happy, I always try to see good things, even when everything seems to be wrong........this last year till now, I've had some problems with depressed people in my family, my father and "She's the boss". Daddy had a incredible recovery and my girl, after this long year living with this bad experience, now is becoming a better and new person, mainly for herself.
But Jack Flash is always jumping, and always trying to be happy. Don't worry, now I'm feeling very well.

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves
Remember what I said
I'm not waiting on a lady
I'm just waiting on a friend
I'm just waiting on a friend"

Take care everybody! Keep Rolling with the Stones. I must say again: ROcks off people, you are the best all over the world.

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-13-03 12:55 AM
steel driving hammer "A smile relieves a heart that grieves
Remember what I said
I'm not waiting on a lady
I'm just waiting on a friend
I'm just waiting on a friend"

Damm Straight My Brother!

There's a dark & a troubled side of life,
There's a bright, there's a sunny side too,
Tho' we meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side we also may view,

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life,
It will help us ev'ry day, it will brighten all the way,
If we'll keep on the sunny side of life.

05-13-03 07:50 AM
justforyou This thread is beautiful!! Thanks y'all and see you around here...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003