ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Honolulu International Center, Hawaii - January 22, 1973
Richard Upper
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Thrills To Open Astoria Show Return to archive
05-10-03 07:52 AM
Honky Tonk Man A great Irish band called The Thrills will be opening for the Stones at the London Astoria gig. It was reported in this weeks NME. They don't have an album out yet, but the stuff i have heard is really good. Theyr'e music sounds like a cross between The Byrds and Neil Young.

Alex
05-10-03 07:57 AM
fmk438j
tough gig

05-12-03 06:41 AM
Zeeta The Thrills are a great band I definitely agree Alex!

The singer was on some show on TV last week with the cover of Some Girls on his T Shirt - evidently he has good taste!

One Horse Town their first single is a great little number and according to Colin Murray (whom I met in a club the other day) the album ROCKS even more!

Do we know who is supporting them in Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and the additional London shows yet?

05-12-03 03:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man I noticed the Some Girls T- Shirt too!

He has worn it in a few publicity shots.

As far as the UK shows goes, we have The Thrills for Astoria and Starsalior (might go to sleep during thrir spot!) for the two Twickenham shows.

I want to know who is opening at the 29th August Wembly Arena show.

To be honest, i wouldn't be suprised if the Thrills opend in Dublin as well.

You never know, maybe the DUBLINERS will open!

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
05-12-03 04:17 PM
jb Disappointing opening act.
05-12-03 04:24 PM
Moonisup yes josh!

I was hoping for something special, since it's at homeground, Why not Bill's rhythm kings haha
05-12-03 04:44 PM
jb Rik, did you see macca putting the Stones down yet again!!!!!!!
05-12-03 04:57 PM
Moonisup the man is jealous

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003