ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Exclusive interview, 'Today' with Matt Lauer (video link) Return to archive
May 16th, 2005 06:34 PM
moy Today show
Updated: 10:33 a.m. ET May 16, 2005

THREE VIDEOS HERE: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7815011/

They've been called the world's greatest rock and roll band. Now, after 40 years of performing around the world, the legendary Rolling Stones are hitting the road again for their 31st tour. “Today” host Matt Lauer talked with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards — both 61 years old and friends since they were 4 — for an exclusive interview.

Rolling out their unmistakable logo and the familiar riff of one of their all-time classic songs, the Rolling Stones offered up a raucous rock and roll invitation to fans everywhere: come along on a new world tour. They kicked it off with a surprise outdoor concert Tuesday at the Julliard School in New York City.

Matt Lauer: What got you back? Last time we talked, you said when a Rolling Stones tour ends, it's the last thing you want to talk about.

FREE VIDEO

• Stones on why they tour
May 11: Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger and Keith Richards talk with "Today" host Matt Lauer about their upcoming tour, number 31, and what keeps them going after 40 years on the road.
Today Show Entertainment

Mick Jagger: It sort of runs in a pretty good cycle.

Keith Richards: I wait for a phone call from Mick saying, “I’m getting a bit antsy. You wanna go on a show and…”

Lauer: Is that how it happens?

Richards: Kind of.

Jagger: Well, don't forget you gotta be a bit hard-headed. There is sort of a supply and demand thing here. If no one called up and said, “We think you should go on tour” — because there's good times and bad times to do tours.

Richards: In a way, Mick and I got the same feeling just around the same time. And then it's, as Mick was just saying, does all of the rest of it fall into place. You know, the business and the supply and demand of it and all of that. But as you say, we're ready. If the demand's there, we'll supply.

Lauer: Inevitably, when you guys announce a tour, a couple of questions come off right off the bat. One is why? I read something you said in an interview that I thought was fascinating. You said, “Why don't people ask that of a John Lee Hooker or someone like B.B. King or someone like that.” That you almost think there's an inverse racism here.

[Edited by moy]
May 16th, 2005 11:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks, I they are the videos from the NBC TV program (see http://www.novogate.com/board/968/211536-1.html)

But it's great to have the videos available on the net

I made some stand-stills

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour