ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saturday Morning Ticket War Stories Return to archive
May 14th, 2005 11:01 AM
Poplar

Took me a while to get through on the Charlotte arena's website (it was MUCH tougher than U2, which took another 20 minutes to sell out ... stones took about 34 min). Got 2 seats in the upper level for 160 a piece. That's good money for sitting near the roof.

A bit disapointed, i went ahead and did presale for San Francisco and got two tix for 100 each. If you know SBC park i'm in the right field upper deck (row 3) which will have a great view of the stage, and the Bay Bridge! Stadiums are the only thing near cost-effective for seeing these guys now.

geez. rough morning. I can't help but feel like i just got roughed up a bit. Fresno tickets, on sale next month, will most certainly be The Last Time.

Hope everybody got something near what they wanted.
May 14th, 2005 03:12 PM
Dan I took a peek at the east coast onsales around 7 with no intention of buying anything.Miami seems to be moving slowly with floor seats by the B Stage available up to an hour into the onsale and seats available in all price ranges unlike some of the other shows which sold out the 50 or so low priced seats right away.

Then fell asleep and missed the Ozzfest onsale at 10, nothing up front but those will come back a few days before the show when the hundreds of bands on the bill start giving unused tickets back. Tried for KROQ Weenie Roast at 12 but it was an immediete sellout.

May 14th, 2005 04:50 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Weenie Roast

sweet
May 14th, 2005 04:52 PM
stones2002 This morning i tried to get tickets for the show in NC. I did have luck on getting tickets but each time tickets came up I passed on them. Reason why is bc the view was bad and the price was too high (the limit was $60-$90) and all of the tickets were $160-$350. The $350 tickets were all up high in heven. It was time for me to go into work. I gave my credit card to mom and told her to try. She tried but no luck. A few min later the shoe was sold out. So this tour I will not be going to see my band. I will be sitting out on the side lines and watching everyone who could get tickets have fun. Me, I am not sad or upset or mad for that matter. This tour (as of right now) was not ment to be in my life. Upon the hill bigger and better things lie ahead of me. Future past July is Unkown. As I said a few times least I got a U2 ticket for Nov at MSG.
May 14th, 2005 04:56 PM
Dan
quote:
stones2002 wrote:
This morning i tried to get tickets for the show in NC. I did have luck on getting tickets but each time tickets came up I passed on them. Reason why is bc the view was bad and the price was too high (the limit was $60-$90) and all of the tickets were $160-$350. The $350 tickets were all up high in heven. It was time for me to go into work. I gave my credit card to mom and told her to try. She tried but no luck. A few min later the shoe was sold out. So this tour I will not be going to see my band. I will be sitting out on the side lines and watching everyone who could get tickets have fun. Me, I am not sad or upset or mad for that matter. This tour (as of right now) was not ment to be in my life. Upon the hill bigger and better things lie ahead of me. Future past July is Unkown. As I said a few times least I got a U2 ticket for Nov at MSG.

The show is several months off. Compartmentalize it out of your mind and give it another shot in October. Maybe you will have more money then. Tickets aren't gone for good. At least not yet.
May 14th, 2005 05:23 PM
Poplar
They need to play more shows in the South. Just a few arena gigs creates too big a log jam. A stadium would help diffuse the demand that caused Atlanta and Charlotte to go in 10 and 30 min respectively. They should play Williams Brice Stadium in Columbia again, or BofA in Charlotte. Both were great Stones venues in tours past.
May 14th, 2005 05:33 PM
charlotte you got that right...we need another Charlotte show...
May 14th, 2005 06:35 PM
HellsRollingThunder I am waiting for the tickets to the Savvis Center in St Louis MO
It is a small place, yes it is, and the seats are great for seeing the
stage. They are coming in December and I hope to go.I wonder
how much they will be. I will post this site again just for funzies.

bluebucstickets.blogspot.com
May 14th, 2005 07:33 PM
Keefj200 I'm all for William Brice stadium....I had front row tickets for the VL show. It was a hell of a night.
May 14th, 2005 09:52 PM
Some Guy I know a guy that knows a guy that works at Philips arena in Atl.
May 14th, 2005 09:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

They need to play more shows in the South. Just a few arena gigs creates too big a log jam. A stadium would help diffuse the demand that caused Atlanta and Charlotte to go in 10 and 30 min respectively. They should play Williams Brice Stadium in Columbia again, or BofA in Charlotte. Both were great Stones venues in tours past.

Atlanta sold out in ten minutes?
May 14th, 2005 10:08 PM
Poplar
quote:
Keefj200 wrote:
William Brice stadium....It was a hell of a night.

Indeed. I caught Charlie's drumstick that night. It sits on my wall at this very moment. Great stadium. BofA too.
May 14th, 2005 10:10 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Atlanta sold out in ten minutes?

according to my friend there, who go a "no tickets available" page at 10:12. but having played around a lot with thos sites today, there are ALWAYS more tickets popping up.

May 14th, 2005 11:29 PM
monkeyman62 its just the pre sales that are sold out not the entire
ticket alotment
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour