ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Tix Strategy? Return to archive
May 14th, 2005 12:31 AM
Cant Catch Me Hello All,

In ya’ll’s experience, what’s the best way for the “general public” to get decent tix without paying a shitload?

I’m hoping to get tix tomorrow (5/14) for MCI Center in Washington, D.C., when they go on sale to the public. The choices are by telephone, online, or (not much chance of doing this myself), waiting in line at a Ticketmaster location. I think I already have a Ticketmaster online account from buying tix for other shows before, which could expedite doing it that way. (And, what a drag, Ticketmaster’s site has no info on how much tix are for different sections.)

Unfortunately I missed the presale opportunity at MCI Center itself because I didn’t know about it until too late. I also would like to see them in Charlottesville, Va., though, and hopefully there will be a similar opportunity there. The Ticketmaster site, however, has no information on when tix go on sale for that show.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

CCM
May 14th, 2005 01:03 AM
littleredrooster Just play YOUR keyboard better than Elton John!
May 14th, 2005 05:24 AM
Cant Catch Me
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Just play YOUR keyboard better than Elton John!

I already do and, in my opinion, probably sing better better than him too, not to mention my superior taste in music, and I'm still no closer to front row.

Besides, if I were Elton, and that got me on stage with the Stones, wouldn't Keith immediately kick me off?
May 15th, 2005 12:13 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:

I already do and, in my opinion, probably sing better better than him too, not to mention my superior taste in music, and I'm still no closer to front row.

Besides, if I were Elton, and that got me on stage with the Stones, wouldn't Keith immediately kick me off?

Heh,HEH!
You'd get kicked right in the ARSE!

Keep trying for tickets, last tour I spent a lot of time on the computer and was rewarded with a FLUSH!!

FIVE CLUBS! (US and Europe combined)

Roostah
May 15th, 2005 01:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:

according to Elton, Keith's ability to do so would depend on the state of his arthritis that day.

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour