ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
© Retna Gracias Gypsy!!
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Album of to a great start Return to archive
May 13th, 2005 07:13 PM
Poison Dart Oh,No not you again is the best Stones lead single (if it is the single) since Undercover.

I'm not one to kiss the Stones ass. If I didn't like it I would have no problem saying so. But I think this tune rocks and I'm sure the studio version is much better than the live version.

Let's hope the album has a few more songs on it that are as good as this.

Wouldn't be fucking amazing if at this late date the Stones put out a truly great record?

After hearing this song I think there is a small chance that may happen.
May 13th, 2005 07:38 PM
Soldatti I think that Oh No... will be the first track of the album, not sure about the first single.
May 13th, 2005 09:32 PM
Some Guy I'm smelling ya
May 13th, 2005 09:38 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm smelling ya

I also like what i smell. just keep it to like 10 or 12 tracks boys, no "filler" this time please.
May 13th, 2005 11:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I also like what i smell. just keep it to like 10 or 12 tracks boys, no "filler" this time please.

word
May 13th, 2005 11:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Agree man.
May 13th, 2005 11:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Word indeed. But seeing Mick and Keith so downright happy with each other this time around gives me hope as well. The interviews, the total lack of sniping in the press - there're better winds blowing than for the Forty Licks tour, even though this one doesn't seem quite as well thought out. Exile was not a well thought out album. The tours of 72 and 75 were rarely well thought out (Elton John, anyone?). I like this "less thinking" policy coming from the Stones camp.
May 14th, 2005 01:28 AM
IanBillen "I like this "less thinking" policy coming from the Stones camp."
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think that they wanted a general idea for this album and then they just wrote and recorded without any hesitation.
It seems like there was no: Ok so we got this many months to write-so many months to record-and this many months to mix and do artwork...this time.

It seems they dropped all that and said...when it is finished it is finished and we aren't going to press this album just because summer is coming.

That could be good. It gives alot more room for comfortability in the studio which can lead to creativity and a more natural sound and feel(and Charlie commented that making this album was very comfortable)

Remember>comfortable, not lazy.....there is a fine line.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
May 14th, 2005 01:50 AM
gypsy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
"I like this "less thinking" policy coming from the Stones camp."
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think that they wanted a general idea for this album and then they just wrote and recorded without any hesitation.
It seems like there was no: Ok so we got this many months to write-so many months to record-and this many months to mix and do artwork...this time.

It seems they dropped all that and said...when it is finished it is finished and we aren't going to press this album just because summer is coming.

That could be good. It gives alot more room for comfortability in the studio which can lead to creativity and a more natural sound and feel(and Charlie commented that making this album was very comfortable)

Remember>comfortable, not lazy.....there is a fine line.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]

"OH NO, NOT YOU AGAIN"

They DID write a song about IanBillen!
May 16th, 2005 04:25 AM
IanBillen [quote]gypsy wrote:

"OH NO, NOT YOU AGAIN"

They DID write a song about IanBillen!

I had a feeling you were going to take a shot at me with that one. It was either going to be you or your beloved Billy Perks.

Ian
May 16th, 2005 04:38 AM
Everybody s Lucifer That song is attributed to many others before.
May 16th, 2005 06:30 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Everybody s Lucifer wrote:
That song is attributed to many others before.

I don't know weather to say Thanks, or, I know....

Ian
May 16th, 2005 08:11 AM
exile Its pretty good....bu not GREAT...i dont think its strong enough to be the single

Its definitely catchy, been listening to it all day on ipod
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour