ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Depp On Keith Richards Return to archive
11th May 2007 11:03 PM
glencar This is from Entertainment Weekly...

Q: You were instrumental in persuading Keith Ricahrds to amke a cameo in "At World's End." What was it like to work with Jack Sparrow's spiritual godfather?

A: The anticipation was mad. Everybody was like, "Is he going to do it?" And then whammo, he arrived at 8 o'clock in teh morning, totally prepped & ready to go. Obviously, Keith Ricahrds - the guy invented charisma. But what I didn't expect was he was going to be such a great actor. I strated calling him "Two Take Richards." It was like this gunslinger who arrived in town, charmed all the women & impressed all the men & then split.
12th May 2007 09:15 AM
corgi37 I get the feeling Keith is going to adopt Depp.
12th May 2007 09:39 AM
The Wick Reading all these lines about gunslingers and references to characters in history is becoming very lame. These people are becoming caricatures of themselves when they talk like this. There was a charm to it when Keith first did it, but he even over does it and it becomes annoying and pathetic. They want to come up with something original and say these really cheesy and sad things like this gunslingers crap. How the fuck would Depp know what a gunslinger was like? He wasn't even around for something more recent like WWII but he says these sad things. For all his shite tastes and desire to be popular, at least Mick doesn't talk like a wanker. The only thing worse than this shit, is hearing Stones fans trying to talk like Keith, but I suppose that's what Depp is.
12th May 2007 10:08 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is from Entertainment Weekly...

Q: You were instrumental in persuading Keith Ricahrds to amke a cameo in "At World's End." What was it like to work with Jack Sparrow's spiritual godfather?

A: The anticipation was mad. Everybody was like, "Is he going to do it?" And then whammo, he arrived at 8 o'clock in teh morning, totally prepped & ready to go. Obviously, Keith Ricahrds - the guy invented charisma. But what I didn't expect was he was going to be such a great actor. I strated calling him "Two Take Richards." It was like this gunslinger who arrived in town, charmed all the women & impressed all the men & then split.

and i thought i read where he couldn't make it out of his trailer and was so shaky on his feet someone held his ankles for him while they filmed his part... i read it in one the entertainment rags and on tmz.com... it was posted here too.

wether that is true or not who knows but depp ain't telling thats for sure.

there is another scene showed in this movie after the credits run so those who go stay thru the credits... movie mags say it hints at the future of this story.
12th May 2007 11:01 AM
open-g

[Edited by open-g]
12th May 2007 11:26 AM
fireontheplatter i haven't seen any of the pirates movies yet, but i get a feeling i'll be seeing this one......
is it necessary for me to view the first 2 before watching this one? do i need to catch up on anything?
12th May 2007 11:45 AM
open-g Part one is a nice movie on it's own.
It's got everything, start to end and it puts you in the right mood and set.
You can actually see Keith's influence in Johnny's acting.

Part 2 hardly makes any sense without part 3.
but that's how sequels work I guess.
It does however addresses question or riddles that might acure from part1.

Part 3 - well, lets wait & see.
it's a must b/c of Keiths cameo...

I'd recomend to rent a part1 DVD - you might like it so much that you'll get #2 before seeing #3.
12th May 2007 11:52 AM
mrhipfl I was watching a Depp interview on bravo and he was wearing a "Keith Richards" for president shirt. I said to myself, "this ol' gunslinger is ok in my book."
12th May 2007 12:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
open-g wrote:

[Edited by open-g]

Nice one, mr.g!!
12th May 2007 12:53 PM
open-g Thank you, Meg
12th May 2007 02:50 PM
LadyJane
quote:
open-g wrote:

[Edited by open-g]

OMG
Fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
12th May 2007 05:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:

VERY clever!
12th May 2007 06:28 PM
_Boomy_ Never really cared for Johnny Depp.
12th May 2007 06:34 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Never really cared for Johnny Depp.

Yet he speaks so highly of you Boomy.......
12th May 2007 06:40 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yet he speaks so highly of you Boomy.......

It all changed when he didn't answer my text message. I asked him to bring the beer, and he brought O'Douls.

That ass!
12th May 2007 06:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

It all changed when he didn't answer my text message. I asked him to bring the beer, and he brought O'Douls.

That ass!

Well gee no wonder then.....Actually he prefers Lagavulin 16 year old scotch...But there are no excuses for O'douls....
13th May 2007 01:23 AM
glencar I actually saw Depp in Vegas at the MGM Grand trying to get his comp tix for a Stones show. He's taller than I thought.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)