ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pirates story - Keef bit Return to archive
10th May 2007 08:21 PM
Daethgod
Depp open to fourth Pirates movie

By Bob Tourtellotte in Los Angeles

May 11, 2007 09:13am
Article from: Reuters

Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

IF all goes right, Pirates of the Caribbean actor Johnny Depp might soon be singing "Yo ho ho, give me a fourth bottle of rum".

The star of the upcoming film, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, told Entertainment Weekly magazine in an issue out today that he was open to making a fourth film in the blockbuster series, which has earned more than $US1.7 billion ($2.06bn) at worldwide box offices.

"As long as you're doing it for the right reasons, why not?" Depp told the magazine. "If we came up with a story where we could explore something absurd or funny or totally insane."

In the movies, Depp plays a buccaneer known as Captain Jack Sparrow, distinguished as much for his swishy hips and love of adventure as his pirating skills. The 43-year-old actor's portrayal of wildly funny Sparrow has been credited with much of the franchise's popularity.

The first film in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, was a surprise hit with audiences and critics, and last year's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest turned in blockbuster results despite mixed reviews for too many plot twists.

At World's End debuts on May 25 and anticipation is running high. But the stars, including Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, are remaining mostly mum when asked to explain the plot of the third film.

"Someone asked me, 'So tell us about your character's arc in the third movie,'" Bloom told Entertainment Weekly. "I said, 'Dude, the writers can't even explain the third movie.'"

If, like the second movie, At World's End takes its lumps for a twisted plot, Depp is not worried.

"With this one, they're probably going to do the same thing and maybe even go below the belt," he said of the critics.

Depp praised the acting of Richards, who plays Depp's father in the movie and whom Depp has credited with inspiring his portrayal of Jack Sparrow.

"What I didn't expect was he was going to be such a great actor," Depp said. "It was like a gunslinger who arrived in the town, charmed all the women and impressed all the men and then split."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21711769-5005961,00.html
10th May 2007 09:08 PM
fireontheplatter this numb nut is so overpaid it infuriates
i have not seen one of the pirates movies yet.

the only good flick he did was...whats eating gilbert grape...

the rest are pretty much fucking garbage
10th May 2007 11:08 PM
glencar Depp is now marrying his long term girlfriend because of a recent health scare.
10th May 2007 11:08 PM
Gimme Shelter Blow and Donnie Brascoe were good.
11th May 2007 02:43 AM
FotiniD I think Depp is one of the finest actors of his generation, very diverse and passionate. His "problem" is that he's also beautiful - and beauty can also be a curse, especially when people focus on that and not your talent.
11th May 2007 02:58 AM
MikeyC613 I like Edward Norton, DiCaprio, Paul Giamatti, and Matt Damon moreso.
11th May 2007 08:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I think Depp is one of the finest actors of his generation, very diverse and passionate. His "problem" is that he's also beautiful - and beauty can also be a curse, especially when people focus on that and not your talent.

Yep. A superb talent.
11th May 2007 08:15 AM
LadyJane
"What I didn't expect was he was going to be such a great actor," Depp said. "It was like a gunslinger who arrived in the town, charmed all the women and impressed all the men and then split."

That quote just made my morning!!
Can't wait to see this flick.

LJ.
11th May 2007 10:04 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I think Depp is one of the finest actors of his generation, very diverse and passionate. His "problem" is that he's also beautiful - and beauty can also be a curse, especially when people focus on that and not your talent.

I agree. I think Depp is an extremely talented actor.

I can't wait to see Keith in this role either...bet he's a natural at it. I got goosebumps when I saw a preview for the movie last night.
11th May 2007 10:12 AM
open-g ...here's another new trailer.
11th May 2007 12:06 PM
Saint Sway he is a superb actor. One of our best.

plus, Keef luvs the guy, so thats good enough for me
12th May 2007 10:42 AM
open-g
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
this numb nut is so overpaid it infuriates
i have not seen one of the pirates movies yet.

the only good flick he did was...whats eating gilbert grape...

the rest are pretty much fucking garbage

Everything allright in the critics section^^?

Thats like saying the Stones suck - but never been to a concert.
12th May 2007 12:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG Yep..Depp is one of the finest actors out there these days!!

I love his Pirate Jack character, even if the story line is lame. Looking forward to seeing this movie ..even if it is just for Depp and Keith!!
12th May 2007 09:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

Well...I'm glad Keith has finally earned his ears. Must be payback to Mick for accepting that knighthood.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th May 2007 09:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Maybe the guys at Disney will cast Keith as Captain Hook in a remake of Peter Pan?

12th May 2007 09:40 PM
open-g
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Maybe the guys at Disney will cast Keith as Captain Hook in a remake of Peter Pan?

They will, if the arthritis in his fingers becomes that bad...o0
12th May 2007 11:18 PM
Gimme Shelter
[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
13th May 2007 03:44 AM
MrPleasant Can I learn all this info at McDonald's?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)